PDA

View Full Version : had another visit last friday with therapist.

wtb Jessica
09-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Well got to talking with her and really getting to the point. Figured out that i'm holding back as to what I want or need to maybe do about my gender identity disorder. You see i got a lot of family and friends that don't know. It also cost a lot to start the whole process and possably go all the way. the whole process and set guidelines are The Harry Benjamin International Gender Dysphoria Association's Standards Of Care For Gender Identity Disorders. For thoes who did not know. Like i am just settling for right now because i am a little scared and a little unsure about the whole thing. Also would not be able to afford it at this time in my life. Maybe someday i will get there but don't think right now. Sorry just had to get this off my chest.

Amanda22
09-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Jessica, I hope the time with your therapist can lead you to somehow gain understanding with your family. That may go a long way towards easing your burden until you can afford the process. I wish you peace every single day.

anonymousinmaryland
09-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Best wishes in making the right decision for you.

Kate Simmons
09-14-2010, 03:41 AM
Transitioning isn't the only option. Once you really get to know yourself, you may like what you see.Transitioning may be the answer for some but it's really a one way street. Best to be sure it's really what you want to do first.