PDA

View Full Version : Can TWINS be a CDer, can you be your own TWIN

Barb123
09-14-2010, 02:15 AM
Does anyone know of a cross dresser who is a twin? Ever heard of a two males, twins, who cross dress?
I never have.
I have no idea how this cross-dressing interest came into my life. Was it genetic? a life experience, or something my parents did or did not do?
I do not know. So it seems to me if there were twins if either one or both were CDers, it might shed some light on this. Why do some guys have this interest, this compulsion? Now this whole idea of twins who cross dresser seems a bit preposterous. But I need to tell where the whole concept came from.

I got this whole concept thru a discussion with a wonderful woman on a recent flight with me. I fly on business 10 to 12 times a year. Usually traveling with other guys or family and I have only had the opportunity, courage and excitement to fly as Barb only a few times. While I have landed as Barb fiv times but I have only taken off as barb twice.

The first three times I changed into Barb during the trip, usually at a connecting airport. This is very tricky and a lot of work and stressful. I had been very concerned about flying out as Barb from our smaller city; I know a lot of people here. Plus, I did not what to mess around with the TSA. I finally overcame the fear of leaving as Barb only after I heard the success stories of many of you gals on this site, especially TXKimberly.

But How did the twin idea came.
When I ‘guy fly’ ,I always have my lap top open and are working and depending on my seat mate engage the person in conversation while I will open my Barb albums of me dressed up as Barb. I will be sorting and editing them and I will ask a woman what she thinks of the outfits. Does she like the colors or jewelry selection? If it is guy, I will ask him to guess how old the gal in the photo is? These are very good discussion starters. The age guessing activity is especially good. I then might ask if she looks likes she could be a relative on mine? Doe she look like me?
It is usually a blast to chat about the photos and I often get into conversations about the places they were taken or stating that person is “58 years old” and thats gets some talk going . I keep that going as long as I can.

Then once I tell them it is me. The fun begins or ends. At some point during the chat, I would say something like “would you believe that was me”? Most are surprised. Some are shocked. I do not know for sure why, maybe because they really are surprised or because I would even bring it up. I think it is because I did not come across as gay or threatening and in anyway. I think directing the person to see if there is a resemblance , it causes them to look at me and thoughtfully respond. It makes the discussion personal and people are less likely to be too judgmental at that point. I have had responses like “I could not tell or I thought she was your sister or I thought it looked like you. One person said” I thought so but I was not sure”.
Some are curious and want to know what I have learned while dressed. Do you do this a lot? Why do you do it? Or how does your wife feel about this? Sometimes the discussion turns to fashion or the look. Are you gay? NO

This last trip the gal next to me was in her early 50s, when I told her I dress as a woman some times and it feels wonderful. She thought it was great. She thought it was great that I was able to do something that had given me so much fun and had the courage try this. When said she could tell that it brought fulfillment to me and it does. When she said “that I should just let the world know who I was and let them deal with it”. She said she would love to see more photos. We exchanged business card and a few days later she sent me her photos. Well that is how I found out she was a twin.

I got to thinking about the twin question. Then, could I put my photo next to hers and be as if I was her sister or friend. I found the whole concept and photo combining fun. Then I thought I could put my photos next to another of my photos and I could be my own twin or sister. I have not tried to share these photos with anyone or had a discussion using the double photo yet. But it looks like it could be fun
I would like your thoughts. Is all this too weird? Is this a bit lame? What do you think?

Danni Bear
09-14-2010, 02:49 AM
Barb,

Not only is it possible for one of a set of twins to be a cd, it happens more that you would suspect. I myself am a twin and so is my husband. We transitioned 12 years ago together. Me M2F and him F2M. We have currently been married 41 years. My twin brother married my husbands twin sister. Both sets of us were identical twins. Strange how the world turns .

Love
Danni

Chickhe
09-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Danni... that's pretty cool. It must be fun looking at your twin knowing you would have looked like them had you not transitioned...

kimdl93
09-14-2010, 11:38 AM
I have a twin, we're fraternal...both male. Oddly, the fact that I have a male twin and my previous sibling was also a male may have affected to do with my gender identification. I saw something about this on 60 Minutes last year. Evidently, the more older male siblings one has (w/o intervening female siblings), the more likely that one may be gay or decidely feminine traits. It has something to do with the chemistry of the womb during sexual development.

aggi123
09-14-2010, 11:43 AM
I myself have a twin brother also. Coincidentally, he's gay and I'm a crossdresser

kimdl93
09-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Aggi, any older siblings?

Barb123
09-14-2010, 11:55 AM
So is this crossdressing thing genetic in some way? Or not?

I also trying to reconcile the incredibly tight bonds that exist with twins such that they think a like, dress a like. Then how tramatic would it be, should one of the twins, become so independent of their borther that begin dressing and projecting a female.
I am not taling about transitioning, but even just crossdressing

kimdl93
09-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Depends on the twins, of course. Identical twins share that tight bond. Fraternals like myself, we're close, but not in the manner of identical twins. We're two very different people.

The hromonal environment of the womb isn't genetic - its something to do with birth order and if you will the residual effect of previous male births on the gestational environment. Lots of things can influence development and I really have no doubt that many of us who showed CDing tendencies as young children were reflecting that developmental influence.