PDA

View Full Version : Making Connections

Kickin' Crosser
09-14-2010, 04:21 PM
I've finally decided to join the college club for the "alternative" lifestyles - transgendered, gays, lesbians, transsexuals, cross-dressers, etc.

I feel like it would be a good forum for me to communicate, possibly meet others like me.

Clubs don't start until next week at my college, though there is a clubs fair tomorrow where I'll hopefully find out more about the club in general.

indiandresser
09-14-2010, 04:33 PM
That is a great idea, mate. You are surely going to learn something new about yourself, and will be able to explore yourself. All the best for your venture - have fun. :) Keep up updated.

Delenn
09-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Sounds good! Go girl and share with us please!

Kickin' Crosser
09-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Thanks, all. I am curious and feeling adventurous, since the college I attend is different than the very liberal artsy college I attended a few years ago [and in SO many ways]. I'm not exactly sure how long my attendance will last only because at this place, college clubs "officially" have only a 2 hour period in the middle of the week to meet, and I am starting a club for role playing games [live-action role playing, or LARP specifically] that will interfere unless I can exploit the student government workings and how clubs are run so I can hold meetings with members on days OTHER than Wednesday.

I am tempted to bring an article of clothing [sweater, light jacket, or something] to wear on these days once I'm comfortable and have been in the club for a long enough time, but then again something inside telling me to not jump ahead of myself. That is then proceeded by something inside me reminding that something that I had specific parameters to meet before considering doing that.

AKAMichelle
09-14-2010, 06:25 PM
That is the way you find others.

Kickin' Crosser
09-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Anyone else find themselves slightly nervous before joining such clubs/whatevers for the first time? I mean, it certainly is different than the internet where you are behind a monitor, and not in person, but still... it feels odd coming out into the open to anybody other than the select couple at my previous college who knew.

There is also a part of me that wonders if, once in the club and around people for a while, it would be appropriate or not to wear any of my clothing/wares, even something as simple as a hoodie or light jacket*. Dunno why this question floated around in my head, but it just has.

*IN the meeting space for the club/during club meetings, obviously - too many asshats on campus to risk it out there, though the secluded walking paths on one part of the campus I have traversed partially CD'd.