PDA

View Full Version : A tiny public dressing step

Amanda22
09-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Some days, I take my laptop to Starbucks and write code there. I need a change of environment from working at home. Today is one of those coffee shop days and although I'd LOVE to wear a skirt and blouse, that's just too much for me at this very early stage. Along with my boy jeans, I'm wearing a really pretty turquoise shirt I bought from Old Navy last week. It has very narrow vertical pink stripes and I have the sleeves cuffed to three-quarter length. There is pretty fabric stitched into the inside of the collar, there's a really small pocket on the chest with a small button closure, and the tops of the sleeves are gathered and slightly puffed where they meet the shoulder. It is a woman's shirt, and I LOVE that. I love wearing it in public. It doesn't appear distinctly feminine unless you look at the features I've described.

This is a big step for me, to wear something in a public setting in plain view that was made for a girl. Of course, I'm wearing a pair of very feminine panties underneath my jeans. A pair of pink/lavender argyle kneesocks completes the work theme for today. If one looks closely, they could see my socks peeping out slightly. Kneesocks make me feel unbelievably feminine for some reason.

This is the tiniest of public dressing steps I can take, but at least it's a start. I ache to do more and know that day will come. I do feel my courage growing and I give so much credit to my wonderful wife for her encouragement.

Jodygurl
09-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Isn't it grand. Those first few tentative steps feel so fulfilling. If you're like me you'll keep adding things like feminine sandels or very short denim cut offs. That skirt and stockings can't be far behind. Just takes time.

Have fun.

kimdl93
09-16-2010, 01:09 PM
That's great, Mandy. I work from home too, most days and I know what you mean about needing a change once in a while! I bet you look very cute in that top!

At this point, I do pretty much the same thing - fairly androgynous looking tops, all women's clothing. I don't think anyone notices that they button on the opposite side. I usually allow myself a hint of mascara and a light shade of lip color too...but its always something that nearly matches my natural lip color.

Amanda22
09-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Thanks, Jody and Kim! Your support is really appreciated. You give me confidence...

tricia_uktv
09-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Well done Mandy, those tiny steps work well :) One thing you may wish to consider is going to different places when you are experimenting than you do when you are obviously in drab. That helped me for a while.

AKAMichelle
09-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Everything good starts with a single step. The most fun comes when you take bigger steps. :D

MindiB
09-16-2010, 07:48 PM
I know the felling. Hope you have more fun with bigger steps.

Mindi

Being Paige
09-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Way to go, we all started pretty much the same.