PDA

View Full Version : What kind of clothes would you wear as a full-timer at home?

shaz24
09-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Hey there people. I'm trying to go full-time for a few days and I'd like to hear your thoughts on your choice of dresses. Right now, it's quite hot up where I reside so I prefer to wear dresses, panties or nighties made up of cotton. The problem occurs at nights. I'd love to wear a linen/polyster skirt with pleats to bed (calf-length) with my tops but in this heat it get quite uncomfortable after a few hours because there's a silky underskirt along with the polyster skirt too! Plus, the pleats get disorganized and when you wake up you have to iron the skirts to make them look decent again! Other than that, I get problems wearing panties underneath short nighties in bed, it's because it gets sweaty and moist down there (I still have my male organ tucked in!) because of humidity. On the other hand, I must wear panties underneath short nighties as you probably know how they tend to rise up when you sleep and expose you.

Stephenie S
09-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Dear Shazz,

OK sweetie, I am just a little bit confused or unsure of what you are asking.

Are you planning to go full time? Or do you mean you just want to wear women's clothes for a couple a days? This is the transgender section, so I would assume that you are planning to go full time? If so, then you need to get a grip on what women wear.

So. Women don't wear skirts to bed (duh). So that's one problem you are going to have right there. Whatever are you thinking? Do you know, or have you EVER heard of someone wearing street clothes to bed? Of COURSE you are going to have to iron them after that, silly.

When they go to bed, most women wear pajamas, nighties, or nothing. These items are comfy to sleep in because they are DESIGNED to sleep in. Some women wear panties at night, some don't. I don't, 'cause I like to let things breath down there at night. With all that you say you wear, of course it gets hot and sweaty. I suspect you are trying to wear too many clothes.

So, take a deep breath, get a grip on reality, and go put on your nightie.

Stephie

Billijo49504
09-16-2010, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=shaz24; I must wear panties underneath short nighties as you probably know how they tend to rise up when you sleep and expose you.[/QUOTE] Do you live in a display window?? In hot weather I wear cotton panties and a cotton cami, to sleep in. During the day or evening, Shorts or jeans and a cami or t shirt....BJ

shaz24
09-16-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm planning to try out for about a week or two to dress as female 24/7. But nighties or sundresses tend to rise up when you sleep and I don't want to wear panty with my things tucked in at night to keep blood circulating. Should bras be essential during the summer?

how about mini / knee-length skirts with tops and panties just bought for home use?

Billijo49504
09-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Hun, You got to get out in the real world. Go sit on your front porch and see what real women wear every day, walking by. Go to the grocery store, and sit on a bench and people watch. Then do the same thing at the mall. That should give you an idea what real women wear, in several different places. With that said, you can wear what ever you please. But to fit in, as you would want to, if you're going to go full time, you've got to look like a real women. If you don't want to fit in, you'll attract a lot of attention. So the choice is yours. Then if you're have that much trouble with clothes, better find someone to help you with makeup.....BJ

shaz24
09-16-2010, 05:06 PM
\\\\\\\I get your point BJ. Many thanks for taking the time to reply. It's helping me a lot.

ArleneRaquel
09-16-2010, 05:36 PM
I have been living as a woman for almost 7 years. During the day around the house I wear shorts, bra, panties and a top, after my bubble bath, which may occur anytime from 4PM till midnight, I wear a babydoll, or a half slip & a bra, this is want I usually wear to bed. If I am going out, for dinner or a date I wear the proper evening wear. If I am entertaining at home my choice of clothing depends on my guest(s) and what we have planned for the night. :)

Stephenie S
09-16-2010, 05:55 PM
I'm planning to try out for about a week or two to dress as female 24/7. But nighties or sundresses tend to rise up when you sleep and I don't want to wear panty with my things tucked in at night to keep blood circulating. Should bras be essential during the summer?

how about mini / knee-length skirts with tops and panties just bought for home use?

OK, sweetie. Thanks for setting us straight.

Yes, nighties do end up around your waist. I never thought about it as a problem though, as I usually sleep with at least a sheet over me. If it bothers you, wear a pair of light cotton panties. Don't try to sleep with your "things" tucked in. As a matter of fact, don't try to "tuck" at all. It's TOTALLY unnecessary. It's a real pain to do and deal with, a tuck makes it difficult to use the lady's room quickly, and it could be physically dangerous. Considering the number of members (to coin a phrase) who do "tuck", it's probably not likely to cause you any harm, but none the less, if you are depending on "tucking" to pass, you're not gonna "pass" anyway. Spend the time on your presentation, not your crotch.

Yes, mini or knee length skirts with tops and panties are fine for around the house, but you will find that most of us wear jeans during the day. Panties? That's what you wear under your "whatever". That's why they are called "underpants". Most women wear underpants (panties) every day, no matter what they wear over them.

No, bras are not essential during the summer, or at any time, for that matter. I try very hard NOT to wear one in the summer, relying more on cami tops with a built in bra. However, some places, like work, I have no choice. I would be in trouble if I showed up at work braless. I know SOMEONE would object. As a matter of fact, today, the girls were gossiping about a co-worker who DID show up for work braless, and they said it was mentioned at the business meeting I missed.

Stephie

Traci Elizabeth
09-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Well, if you sleep in the "nude" you don't have to worry about what to wear in bed. Throw another blanket on if you are cold.

Or simply wear a t-shirt & panties.

I really don't see or understand the point of your post....sorry!

CharleneT
09-16-2010, 08:19 PM
ah ... I wear what ever I feel like that day. To work, work clothes etc. At night, a nightgown. Dresses/skirts etc to bed ? No, not really. Bra etc to bed, ah .. not very comfy. If you are going out, I'd take the above advice about observing what other women wear. You want to blend in if out.

shaz24
09-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Thanks for your ideas Arlene. Could you give me some ideas about entertaining guests, specially in case it is your husband / partner's friends who are coming over? I guess receiving them in black dresses would be funny and in evening gowns would be too cheap.

Stephenie S
09-17-2010, 01:35 PM
You wear gowns to balls, not at home, and they are not cheap.

Look, fashion advice is hard to give in an email. For myself? I look at catalogs. When I see an outfit I like, I either try to copy it or I buy it. That way you know it all goes together and will match.

All of this will come eventually. Women learn this stuff. You can too.

S

Melissa A.
09-17-2010, 02:28 PM
At the risk of being reminded that this forum is as open as all others here, I'm still confused as to why you're asking your question here. What the heck are you doing wearing skirts and hose to bed? And why tuck(as far as I'm concerned, why tuck anytime) when in the privacy of your home? If you look up the forum page there's a whole section full of people who will be happy as clams to deal with your queries. It seems as though putting on clothing is an event for you. Perfectly fine and acceptable. Kinda off my radar screen, though. I suspect you weren't at all curious or confused(street clothing in bed is hot and uncomfortable; who'da thunk it???) about what to wear to bed and otherwise, but simply felt the need to share your free time fun with others. Thank you for that. Good luck.

Hugs,

Melissa:)

Rianna Humble
09-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Hey there people. I'm trying to go full-time for a few days and I'd like to hear your thoughts on your choice of dresses. Right now, it's quite hot up where I reside so I prefer to wear dresses, panties or nighties made up of cotton. The problem occurs at nights..

At the risk of being reminded that this forum is as open as all others here, I'm still confused as to why you're asking your question here.

Regardless of whether or not there might be other parts of cd.com in which to ask the question, Shaz asked it here and the mods have not (so far) decided that it needs to be moved. I personally have no objection to the question being raised in the transsexual part of the site, after all, we are the most likely to be dressing 24/7 around the house (and elsewhere).

To try to answer the question, by day around the house, I tend to wear very informal stuff - sometimes a denim dress or a skirt and casual top. If I feel like wearing jeans, I will do that too. I do tend to wear a bra because that is the best way (for me) to hold my forms in place as I am not yet on HRT. The emphasis in all of this is comfort first.

On occasion, I have been so tired that I have slept in my day wear, but I tend to prefer a satin or cotton nightie. I too wear undies at night as I feel more comfortable like that and I also tend to avoid tucking.

Personally, I am not a fan of pj's (whether when I used to function in male mode, or now when I don't). I find a birthday suit to be much better designed as sleep-ware than pj's, but YMMV.

Melissa A.
09-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Regardless of whether or not there might be other parts of cd.com in which to ask the question, Shaz asked it here and the mods have not (so far) decided that it needs to be moved. I personally have no objection to the question being raised in the transsexual part of the site, after all, we are the most likely to be dressing 24/7 around the house (and elsewhere).

We are. So is any woman you meet anywhere. I think that's a pretty important point, considering her possible motivation for asking, which I won't openly speculate on again. I am not asking the post to be removed. Not nearly, not at all. I do think the OP isn't entirely aware of the difference between transsexuals and others under the TG spectrum, or so-called umbrella, as it were. Or of what motivates those different than her. That's what I sense, here, from my own reading of the way she worded her phrases. And I thought that needed to be explained, to some degree.

Hugs,

Melissa:)

Gerrijerry
09-17-2010, 04:00 PM
There ia a big difference between playing TS for a few days and being TS. When you say full time I get the feeling this is just for fun. Which is fine but in aTS forum most of the girls here are not worried about how to play at being a woman they are women and therefor the clothes are not seen to them in the same way they are to you. I personally sleep in a cotton nightgown and thats it for bed. In the house a pair of jeans and a blouse are just fine or shorts etc depending on the temp. Outside I dress for where I will be going. To work I now wear a business suit or a nice dress. to the mall Jeans and a blouse or a skirt and blouse nothing fancy. out to a dinner party something a little pretty. To a formal affair a formal dress is correct. Basicly we dress like any other woman would. It is not about the clothes it is about who we are. Lingerie is something we wear under are clothes. Oh and we wear a bra because most of us need to. After a while wearing a bra is not as much fun as you may think. The plan truth is there is nothing wrong with being a CD nor a TS woman but they are not the same. have fun sleep in what you want. However what you may want to ask is what would a cd find fun to wear if they could dress for a few days.

nikkijo
09-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Some nights its a tshirt and panties, other nights its a bra and panties, and still other nites its a nightie... and some days I don't care , its hot or whatever and its just panties.

Or on nights when I'm sitting in serious pain due to a back injury it may be even something slightly more padded when back is hurting things below l5 tend not to work very well.....

shaz24
09-17-2010, 04:44 PM
For those of you who're mistaking me as a CD, I'd like to clarify that I'm TS at the beginning phases of my transition. I wanted to get an idea from the like-minded people from the TS-specific forum. So yes, as one poster has said here, I'm sharing my free fun time with others. On the other hand, I do know that there's a difference between being a CD and being a TS/woman.

Frances
09-17-2010, 06:19 PM
I am confused by this post as well. I cannot fathom wearing a bra to bed. I wear my cotton panties that I wear during the day and an Old Navy tank top. If it's cold, I wear a big oversized t-shirt, and if it is hot I'll wear nothing. I only wear jeans during the day. I fail to understand what clothes have to do with living as a woman. It is perfectly fine to transition to a tomboy. I often wear my old boy sweatpants at home, and do not feel less of a woman.

Billijo49504
09-18-2010, 04:25 AM
I've wore a bra to bed before, if the gurls are sore. Everyone has to take those first baby steps, as they go down life's highway. I just hope that Shaz is getting some counsiling too...BJ

7sisters
09-18-2010, 05:36 AM
Hi Shaz... I'm a gg and a lot of GGs wear a bra to sleep. It helps maintain your figure, especially if you are extremely full figured and fear ptosis of the breast. You dont have to use a really tight bra, though.

Everyone has different sleeping clothes. I have to exercise one hour first thing in the morning (by doctors orders). There are times i dont mind when I am well. But when I am ill, I really hate it and cannot even get out of bed and my exercise time is cut short. So to save time, the previous night, I wear my gym clothes and go to bed. So in the morning, all I have to do is brush my teeth, wear the special gym shoes and leave the house. It sounds terrible, but I'm not allowed to miss exercise and this is the ONLY way I'll do the full one hour. Otherwise I wear old clothes that are too shabby to wear to go out. Even old skirts or old trousers. After all why waste them?

ArleneRaquel
09-18-2010, 05:37 AM
Thanks for your ideas Arlene. Could you give me some ideas about entertaining guests, specially in case it is your husband / partner's friends who are coming over? I guess receiving them in black dresses would be funny and in evening gowns would be too cheap.

Shaz,
I'm so happy that I was of some help. :battingeyelashes:

linda.wai
09-19-2010, 02:53 AM
I never wear male clothes at home.
Bra and panties. Singlet or top. Hot pants. Girly sandals. Rings, ear ring, necklaces and accessories. These are musts.

Felicity71
09-19-2010, 04:22 AM
A Girl isnt defined by the clothes she wears, but her mindset.

luvSophia
09-19-2010, 05:18 PM
My daughters were a bra to bed, usually a sports bra. I do not, I wear a long nightie and that's it. I am an aging hippy, I live in a campground and I do not work so I pretty much wear what I like. Usually it's ankle length skirts and a top.

Jaclyn NM
09-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Short tight skirts, stockings, and stiletto pumps, and of course all the accessories; wig, makeup, jewelry, satin blouse, etc. etc.

Inna
09-20-2010, 06:44 PM
during summer tshirts, shorts, maybe summer dress in winter sweats, jeans comfy stuff.

herwannabe
09-20-2010, 07:23 PM
I never wear male clothes at home.
Bra and panties. Singlet or top. Hot pants. Girly sandals. Rings, ear ring, necklaces and accessories. These are musts.

I love your outlook, thats me too Male only when I have to

Melody Moore
09-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Anything that is comfy and that I feel relaxed in... I have no male clothes at all in my wardrobe anymore. I like to wear a bit of make up & jewellery as well to really accentuate my real femininity & to look & feel nice & besides you never know when you are going to get visitors or have to run errands down to the shops.

:doll: