PDA

View Full Version : My Labour Day weekend

Debra Russell
09-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Just wanted to share a labour day weekend with you. I had been wanting to go out for a while so on that Sunday my wife was working - she knows about my cding but won't participate yet, even though she buys me clothes and has taken pictures of me dressed. Early Sun. morning I got up got dressed put on makeup and nails. I really didn't want to go out by my self and after thinking :thinking: about it I wondered if my 20yr old granddaughter would like to go with "auntie Debbie" to breakfast at the buffet and then shopping at the mall ? My gd knows about Debbie and has seen all of my pic's and thinks it's cool:D to have an open minded grandpa. I woke her up - she was a little startled to wake up and see me dressed but OK! damn lets go!.

After she helped me with my eye liner:battingeyelashes: (she worked at a cosmetic counter at the mall) we left for the buffet, she said I looked great - I hope so. Upon arriving at the buffet we stopped and took a picture of both of us outside
. The line was long and as we waited we talked, she was going through a rough time as she had just broken up with her boy friend and the time out was a needed distraction. We paid at the counter and picked a table; we sat down and ate breakfast, it was really great to be with someone and be "out" at the same time. We finished eating as she talked about a new job she was applying for. Before we left I asked the waitress if she would take a picture of us and she took several.142252 On the way out gd reminded my we were going to the mall - Oh Yeah ! I didn't know if she really wanted to but I guess so! That felt really good!

When we got there we started a Penny's. The week before my wife and I had seen a pair of shoes, flats we both really liked. I liked a sort of candy/Burgundy color and she liked the bronze color142250 so gd and I went to the shoe section first. This is the first time I have ever shopped em femm but it felt so comfortable. The SA brought out a couple of sizes to try on, they didn't have the candy red in my size but the color my wife liked and it matched my outfit so I got them (of course when my wife saw them we had to get them in her size too) of course I got gd a pair of sandals, also on sale. From there we went to Macy's where I bought gd a blouse on sale and we shopped a little more then off to Victoria Secret but just to look as I already had spent enough but I asked a fellow working at the kiosk in front to take another pic,142253 stopped at the mall Starbucks for a vanilla frappiachino

All in all a very fun day. gd had to meet a girlfriend so I dropped her at home. I went back to our local Fred Meyer and tried on sale clothes142249 - its a small town I live in but I didn't see any one that detected my presents other than another shopper. When I got home my wife was there. She didn't think it was appropriate to involve gd in my cding - we had a talk, but it all ended ok :)......Debra

Kathi Lake
09-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Debra,

What a wonderful day! I'm so glad that you have an open-minded granddaughter. It seems that the later generations "get it" more than earlier ones. Ah well, we can't please everyone.

Kathi

AKAMichelle
09-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Sounds like you had a great time as Debra and quality time with you gd

MichelleL
09-16-2010, 06:41 PM
That really sounds like a fun day. And you look great!

MindiB
09-16-2010, 07:44 PM
You look great Debra, your all woman. That is so cool taking the granddaughter shopping.

Mindi

Debra Russell
09-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the comments ladies, I really felt at ease with my self. My wife said I looked like an old woman! I said OK I can live with that! after all I am 65yr's Old that's OK women is great! ...... Debra