PDA

View Full Version : If you won the lottery

erickka
09-17-2010, 05:47 AM
Hi girls. This stupid thought crossed my mind and I figured that I'd throw it at you all. If you won the lottery or any other windfall, after meeting your other obligations, how would it play a role on your cd ing? I would most likely buy a new wardrobe and shoes to match each outfit. Oh, and laser BODY HAIR removal. How about you?

joan47
09-17-2010, 05:52 AM
Boob and butt job and some plastic surgery on face, lipo suction for spare tire, get rid of my girdles

Rachaelb64
09-17-2010, 05:59 AM
Pay off my debts.......then have fun, 1st get my facial hair removed, new wardrode and the rest as it came :)

aprilgirl
09-17-2010, 06:29 AM
Assuming I could retire, I would do volunteer work in femme mode.

Jorja
09-17-2010, 06:38 AM
I would of course pay off any bills I have. Then I would invite everyone from this forum to have a makeover male or female your choice.

Steph.TS
09-17-2010, 07:33 AM
I probably go get buy my own house, therapy for a while, get HRT, buy a new wardrobe, and get SRS then go get a job as my new self... (yeah I know that's not CD but it's what I'd do)

tanyalynn51
09-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Pay off bills, do whatever is necissary to live full time, as April said, find where I can do volunteer work in my old field, now as a woman. Having surgery- possibly.

TiffanyTgirl
09-17-2010, 07:48 AM
Well..... I of course would pay off my bills. Get an apartment for all my girl things. That way, I could move easieer in and out of femme mode. Also some body mods and maybe some other changes etc...

AKAMichelle
09-17-2010, 08:41 AM
I might go a lot further with my cd'ing.

tab1976
09-17-2010, 09:04 AM
i would payoff my bills take care of my wife and my family and buy a house and have a room just for me that could have all the woman cloths and every thing i need to look like a woman as long as my wife was ok with it .

Kelly Blaine
09-17-2010, 09:04 AM
Shop! I would have to get a new place with a lot more closet space.
Also, Boob, Bum and Plastic Surgery on the face. Hmmmm! HRT and SRS? Who knows where my new wealth would take me.

LitaKelley
09-17-2010, 09:11 AM
I'd get a huge new wardrobe, facial feminizing surgery, hair removal, goe on HRT, SRS, get perfect new teeth, hair transplant, get several beautiful human hair wigs, and do whatever else necessary to become a drop dead gorgeous woman in every way.

Ok, so I'm really not so sure I'd go as far as SRS, but the rest I'd do in a heartbeat if it were actually financially possible, but all the above only after all my daughters college educations are paid for.

Eve II
09-17-2010, 09:19 AM
I would just stay at my old job and pretty much not change. NOT !!!!!! Like my name, I would pull
myself from my male part and become physically a woman ( mentally I'm so close).

Dian077
09-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Well, I am sure I would buy more clothes.....that goes with out question. As I am not about trying to be a woman, I would just move somewhere where my dressing habits are more acceptable and enjoy being ME.

Nicole Brown
09-17-2010, 09:23 AM
I really don't think that it would make much of a difference for me at all. I am fortunate enough to not owe anyone anything and can purchase whatever Nicole needs and wants to feel and be pretty. My current plans are to move by the end of the year and begin living as Nicole full time. That will be followed by more HRT, electrolysis, FFS and implants. SRS?, hopefully if medical conditions allow and permit.

Steveo
09-17-2010, 01:21 PM
i'd move into a bigger place,i hate having to keep things in boxes.

Asako
09-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Necessary things:Let my parents retire. Pay off everything that's got them down. I'd have to start a "college fund" savings account for my nieces and nephew too.

After that, obviously therapy and transition. A new house that has a sound proof room with a huge TV, complex stereo, surround sound system, all my console systems/games, my drum kit, my guitar, a pool table or two, and a bunch of arcade games from the old days. Quite simply, my room would have to have a walk-in closet for everything I own now and would most likely come to own after the lottery. Then, I'd build a computer and a web server with the best hardware on the market so I could be in geek heaven. The house itself would be big enough for several family members to stay comfortably in their own rooms. I think I'd have to talk to mom about hiring someone to take care of the cleaning since the house would be so big. Then, I'd just spend the rest of my days having fun and taking college classes for things I'm interested in while pursuing my own monetary interests for possible profit making. Never too old to learn, I say.

t-girlxsophie
09-17-2010, 02:35 PM
After seeing my family taken care of,It would Definitely be Laser Treatment for face and body.also a Walk in wardrobe filled to the brim with gorgeous outfits and wigs etc,and enough shoes to make Imelda Marcos blush:D

:hugs:Sophie xx

Amanda22
09-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Interesting question. It wouldn't affect my CDing at all, actually. Not the type of response that's interesting or funny, and I'm not trying to be contrarian, but I would just pay off my debt and give the rest away.

DonnaT
09-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Once everything was paid off, and if there was enough to retire on, then I would. And not buy clothes just because I could. That's how lottery winners get in trouble, spend spend spend.

Once retired I'd have more time to lose weight, and once the weight was off, then I'd buy clothes that fit the new me. I'd still look for deals, however.

Then do some traveling and visit with friends made all over the world.

Sophie86
09-17-2010, 03:06 PM
My first goal would be to get my wife out of the job she's in and doing something she would enjoy, cause when Mama's happy, Sophie's happy.

Then, I would take a relatively small amount, say $1k, and spend it on something practical, like clothes. :heehee:

aliceeliot
09-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Idealistic response...........

Assuming it was enough of a win, I would buy an island (probably in the Caribbean -gotta have good weather) where pretty much anything goes. Obviously, International Law (protection of minors, personal liberty, human rights etc) would apply, and any visitor would be free to live their life the way they please.

Basically, anybody could live there as long as they accepted the personal freedom of all other residents to do what they want, wear what they want, worship whoever they want, eat and drink whatever they want.

Anybody who criticises/prejudices somebody elses lifestyle, or broke (or threatened to break) any of the aforementioned International Laws would suffer instant expulsion from the island.

When I win the lottery, and buy the Island, all Crossdressers are more than welcome - in fact, I will advertise it here first!!

Is that too Utopian?

Oh, and as it's my island, I will of course be in charge (but I'm an OK boss -ask the people who work for me.....)

Jodygurl
09-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Tough to say but I'd be doing the obvious payoffs and then enjoy the freedom to live unencumbered. I'd love to redesign my home but then I might decide to relocate and design a new one. Hot red convertable, of course, but which brand? My church could use some help w/ a few things but which project would I want to tackle?

But, while contemplating all this I'd like to start HRT and seriously think about SRS. And, of course I'd go to all the best clothing stores and
SHOP

DameErrant
09-17-2010, 04:27 PM
Where to begin? Pay off debts, sure. After that, first, a new house , in a low tax state with a local support group, and with an entire wing dedicated to Diane! (And a new wing for my SO. And Horses!) Then a new wardrobe, grow my own hair, remove the unwanted hair, pierce my ears, take deportment and voice lessons, have liposuction, face, brow and eylelid lifts, chin and cheekbone implants, etc. And whatever my SO wants to match. Then find some TG friendly places to go out.

Some of the beaches in Delaware cater to our crowd, and DE is about as low tax a state as you can find. (Texas is low tax too, but unless you want to live in Austin proper, not very supportive of us. And Austin is too far from the beach.) Most of DEs budget comes from tolls on the 10 miles of I-95 that passes through DE, so they are supported by out of staters.

This is just the selfish stuff; I also would adopt/support more than a few children through Childfund or some other organization. If they can identify TG children, maybe bring some home. And plenty of family needs to satisfy. Hum, maybe the $ will not go as far as I thought. How much did I win again?

freeindress
09-17-2010, 04:56 PM
No TS envy, I'd still feel and see me as a GM when looking at my naked self in front of the mirror, but would hire a stylist/seamstress to create my perfect wardrobe to express my soul which is 1/3 feminine + 2/3 masculine. Since I love watching womens sports, I would hire GG athletes and coaches to workout with them (in girly apparel of course) in sports like netball, gymnastics, platform diving...

Loni
09-17-2010, 05:11 PM
the very first thing i would do is NOT go to work.
then of course after doing all the bills and making sure my mom is all set up for the rest of her life, then a vacation and get all the bad hair off me. from then on...i would have to buy a house with a very big room for all the clothing loni could ever want. and the motor home i would have :-)

Alice B
09-17-2010, 06:12 PM
After bills eliminated and a shopping spree I would get out more dressed, especially to CD events around the country.

danica d
09-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Quit my job, pay off everything, take of my family, and oh yeah get a nice set of huge boobs LOL!

Sara74
09-17-2010, 08:56 PM
I go to bed every single night dreaming about this. I would of course take care of family and close friends, and then it's Sara's time to be Sara....all the way. No looking back. No regrets. This is who I am and who I will always be so if I had the opportunity to make that happen I would jump on it! I'd then spend time helping out charities and doing what I can to help out others.

Kelly Greene
09-17-2010, 09:17 PM
1) Pay off all debt
2) get a new (Bigger ) house
3) retire
4) build a really nice wardrobe
6) spend more time dressed pretty.

Kathryn Martin
09-17-2010, 09:33 PM
If I won the lottery, then...... well, it would have to be in excess of 5 Million Dollar winnings net in my pocket. Then I would set up trust funds for my children, all four of them, with a proviso that the trust will match funds they have earned until age 55 then pay out the capital, set aside a trust fund for my grandchildren that would be accessible after they are 21 years old.

Then I would do a shopping trip to Paris with Elizabeth and we would both get gorgeous at Chanel and Hermes, grow my hair until I can have the cut that is shown in my avatar. The rest I would invest properly and would not have to worry about my retirement.

Kathryn

Samantha_Smile
09-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Ive already thought about winning the lottery several times.
I'll give you the real life list
-Pay off everything for Me and Emma, our families and friends and give them all a lil something extra.
-Pay the mortgage on our parents houses, then send them all on a MINT holiday.
-Walk into the Ferrari dealership in Manchester wearing the scruffiest clothing I can find, greasy hair, glasses with duct tape on and ask for part-ex on my knackered old 1994 VW Passat against an F430 Scuderia. Just to see the look on their faces when I make the full payment by card- and it clears :D
-Drive down south in the Ferrari and make an order for 4 Ariel Atoms (supercharged models- One black, one white, one in Focus ST orange and one in Nissan Bayside Blue).
-Go to an architecht with my favourite episodes of Grand Designs on a DVD and tell him to build me a house using the best bits from all my fave episodes.
-Take Emma shopping in New York for a week.
-Go on holiday for 3 months.
-Come home and continue to work my job part time donating my wages to the local hospice after handing my boss a cheque for shit loads of new equiptment and more staff for 3 years which our A&E desperately needs.
-Once the house is built and Ive filled my 10 car garage with projects, I'd set up a home recording studio (I wont go into detail here - I'd just show you all how much of a nerd I am)
-Build a ****ing awesome OC'd PC and go visit Steve Jobs and tell him to **** himself with an iPhone 4.

As for the CDing?
Well quality wigs and breast forms would be the order of the day of course. Some nice premium corsets (showy ones and some discrete shapers). Unlimited supply of false eyelashes and pre-glued nails wouldn't go amiss. Ebay would be making calls to my house as courtousey to their best customer of all time. :D
And I'd walk into alternative footwear in the UK with a transit van parked outside and ask for a pair of everything in size 11 LOL

Aaaaaaaand BACK to reality :(

DianneW
09-18-2010, 09:13 AM
pay off all the bills, take care of the kids (to make their lives easier) contemplate a new home with some land around it than buy a nice motorhome so I can drive around the country totally enfemm

Steph.TS
09-18-2010, 09:35 AM
here's a question, probably none of us will win the lottery and saving up 50,000 - 100,000 or whatever the costs are for SRS/FFS/electrolysis/therapy/HRT will take a life time, how can some one build up finances to afford all of that?

Gizmo, Debbie
09-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Hmmm? tricky question? The possabilities are almost endless?
Laser hair removal all over would be nice. i think i would maybe stay on at college and study just about anything and everything. A custom built house with a massive walk in wardrobe and a decent sized indoor swimming pool would also be on the wish list. Depending on just how much money i had won i would make the house big enough so that i could maybe turn it into a hotel type thing cattering for the transgendered( remember and pack your swimsuits ladies). Facilities to including ten-pin bowling, and out door go-kart track and just about anything else you can think of?

laceyjessica
09-18-2010, 10:10 AM
definitely SRS with a few other plastic surgeries and make sure my family is well taken care of

Shelly67
09-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Oh wow - if only . I'd buy a nice rather large yacht , complete with wardrobes and more importantly a HUGE sound system and dj booth . Juat imagine , floating around the med , all chilled and fem , then pulling anywhere just offshore in the evening , what a party !

Lancine
09-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Boob job for sure followed by some minor facial surgery....then off to ALL my favorite stores in my brand new BMW!

Tiffany Kaye
09-18-2010, 11:08 AM
I'd definitely get some physical improvements made. I'd go for teeth whitening, hair removal, blemish removal, and would seriously think about some hormone replacement therapy. All in all, I think my lifestyle would certainly take a decidedly feminine turn. Of course, I would travel more and begin to attend TG conferences that I cannot attend now due to work and family conflicts. I love the idea of having a separate place for dressing, entertaining, and living as a woman. My wife and I have already talked about me getting an apartment for my girl time (I have children in the house), but the money is not there for a non-necessity. Of course my wardrobe, cosmetics, and shoes would all get a substantial upgrade! One thing I've come to believe in my time as a financial counselor, money doesn't change us but gives us the feeling of freedom to do what we have wanted to and be who we've wanted to be all along (good or bad). Alas, the lottery will never happen for me since I don't play. Maybe one of my clients will win!

nikkijo
09-18-2010, 11:16 AM
pay off debts, live off interest, call MTI and have a quad sterling powered 50 ft cat built, then park it in my newly constrycted dream housses drive way in the middle of nowhere , and have srs, a be happy...

Maryesther M.
09-18-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm too old to have much done to my body, but I'd definitely get somewhere to store my femm things, dress, have makeovers and photography with studio lighting.

I'd travel to CD events under the guise of professional meetings and let my (real) hair down big time, pack a serious femme wardrobe, so I at least could compete with other very successful mature 'divas'.

Other things like cars & yachts &c would be just by-the-way.

Inna
09-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Would buy 50,000 acres make it 100,000 acres of land near California or Montana and establish a nation of Trangentopia! In order to live there you would need a passport of course obtainable by doctors appointment, we would need to make sure it is transgender not some fanatic skinhead who wants to release us from the bond of evil( Montana, you know). We would have a FLAG probably half drab half lace. Our official language would be soft spoken. We would need some sort of government so for the parliament I see people like Eddie Izzard, Rupaul, Calpernia Addams and so on. In this nation life would go on just as it does here but no one, not a single one person would feel like they don't belong.

suchacutie
09-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Time. Money would allow me to arrange my life in order to give Tina more of the time she needs to find out who she is. That might move in a way that needed more money for specific items (like clothes), but the time would be the most important first step.

tina

StarrOfDelite
09-18-2010, 01:13 PM
I actually have dreamed about this! After quitting the job, paying the the bills, and giving chunks to children, ex-wives, colleges and animal rescue organizations, I'd have some major plastique performed on the body: Tummy tuck, Lipo, butt enhancement, facelift, teeth whitening, nose feminization, hair transplants, hair removal, adam's apple shaved, probably almost everything except the boob job. Then, new wardrobe, condo on the Riviera, dancing on the patio overlooking the Med with pretty, pretty boys that I'd call 'friends' while sipping from the magnum of champagne on ice, manicures and pedicures whether I needed them or not, and workouts at my in-home gym/spa. Travel . . . . Adventure . . . Theater . . .

MargaretJ
09-18-2010, 02:03 PM
First thing of course, see the family is looked after.

Never work another day in my life.

Enjoy my favourite pastimes of photography, with loads of new gear, and traveling abroad.

Buy a house with a location that would allow me to indulge in CDing more often and allow me to get out en femme, especially in daylight.

Loads of girly clothes and shoes,(and more shoes, and maybe a few more shoes).

Probably get some clothing made to measure, I'd love to have an airline stewardess outfit simillar to the ones worn in the film Catch Me If You Can, and a few other ideas. Some more shoes.

Other than that, wine, women, and song, and I'd probably waste the rest, possibly on shoes. :D

RachelPortugal
09-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Laser hair removal and cosmetic dental work so that I could smile more confidently. In between the treatments I would travel to some of those destination that I have not been able to afford to visit and hope to find a CD friendly club or bar wherever I am. As for my wardrobe, I would still not bother with designer labels. I would continue to shop in the the usual high street stores but without having to rely too much on the reduced rails.

Tuesday
09-18-2010, 03:03 PM
I would open a shop to help every tv/cd become who they really are

jozee
09-18-2010, 03:11 PM
i would : pay all bills, fix up my house to sell, buy some country property that was all bush, clear about 2 acres and build a nice house,buy a place nobody knew about where i could live as a woman whenever the mood struck. give my family some, go on a gay cruise, totally spent in drag and buy some toys (mechanical, not sexual)

sabrinaedwards
09-18-2010, 10:18 PM
If I won the lottery, I would live full time in a female role. Dresses and tresses with high heels; did I die and go to heaven? I can only fantasize about this situation.

NathalieX66
09-18-2010, 11:29 PM
1. Act like nothing ever happened, and keep it secret.
2. pay everything off & help family & friends.
3. permanent hair removal.... that's where my transgenderism ends.

I am happy being the lowly simple crossdresser who likes to pass when I go out. I have no desire or need to take it beyond that. I am just at ease in heels & a dress as I am with a table saw or socket wrench.

Sara74
09-18-2010, 11:36 PM
Would buy 50,000 acres make it 100,000 acres of land near California or Montana and establish a nation of Trangentopia! In order to live there you would need a passport of course obtainable by doctors appointment, we would need to make sure it is transgender not some fanatic skinhead who wants to release us from the bond of evil( Montana, you know). We would have a FLAG probably half drab half lace. Our official language would be soft spoken. We would need some sort of government so for the parliament I see people like Eddie Izzard, Rupaul, Calpernia Addams and so on. In this nation life would go on just as it does here but no one, not a single one person would feel like they don't belong.

Alexia for President 2012!!!! You have my vote girlfriend!

Sarah Doepner
09-19-2010, 12:11 AM
Right now the powerball is around $97 million, that would drop down to maybe $60 million as a cash payout. I don't know if I could live off that. I'll wait until it's up around twice that so I won't have to cut corners.

0 - try to remain a mystery winner, i don't want anyone I don't already know to be aware I've won
1 - get a lawyer
2 - get a financial planner
3 - Set the money in several accounts to assure plenty of cash flow for the rest of my life, but no chance of being one of the horror stories about people who won the lottery and 2 years later they are broke again
4 - set up the family and friends so they don't have to worry, if they don't do dumb stuff
5 - okay, get some help in getting my girl on. physical trainer, makeup help, maybe the facial hair removal and other cosmetic stuff. I don't know if I'd actually do the FFS, but i'd be tempted
6 - i'd like to begin making campagin donations to lots of politicians letting them all know there are a lot of TG folks out there who vote and need a little more respect

Tammi Jean Kaye
09-19-2010, 12:28 AM
If I won the lottery is a fantasy we all have. Pay off my debts we all say. SRS, laser treatment, treatments, etc., we can speculate about. The important thing is that all those people whom we had to worry about before, would now be approaching us to get money. Now, they would not care how we dressed. They would have other interests--our money. Now, who truly should question their value system and standards?

crystalann
09-19-2010, 12:37 AM
get the power turned back on, and the dog out of the pound :)

AmandaM
09-19-2010, 12:45 AM
I'd get my beard removed, as well as a lot of body hair. I'd get rid of my last tattoo. I'd have at least a nose job, and maybe FFS. And I'd spend thousands on new clothes, expensive upscale stuff. That would mean of course a walk-in closet. I'd need a new house.

MargaretJ
09-19-2010, 05:27 AM
Well only 2 numbers on last nights draw :sad: Plans put on hold until Wednesdays draw.:daydreaming:

BRANDYJ
09-19-2010, 06:00 AM
My biggest fantasy is to win and think about what I'd do with the win-fall. First I would not tell my SO. I'd 'try" to hide it until I showed up at her door in a limo, tell her to pack a bag for herself and her 3 granddaughters since I have a chartered plane waiting for us at the airport. We'd fly back here to Florida and I'd take them all to our new home on the beach. I would also like to help a few close people in my life. I'd ask them to hand me all their debts, including the mortgage on their home so I can pay off all their debt and make them debt free.
Then maybe start a classy lifestyle resort for all that live an alternate lifestyle. A place where all transgendered, dominants and submissives could come and enjoy themselves for a day or longer. All the staff would be transgendered and dressed in ever changing themes for the occasion... sort of like that old TV series Fantasy Island.
Dreams and fantasies are fun... Now on my way to buy my lottery ticket.

Lacing Hills
09-19-2010, 07:24 AM
Pay my debts
Get another house
Fix my teeth
Shoes. Italian ones!!! Rooms of them!!!
Laser hair removal
Yes, I'd definitely dress more
Did I mention shoes?

Mandy
09-19-2010, 07:28 AM
Would definatly pay off all my debts ect, buy a house in the country side & have breast implants & buy all new wardrobe:drink:

PretzelGirl
09-19-2010, 09:11 AM
I like Nathalie's items. I would probably add one more. I would find a new place where the house isn't bigger, but the land is greater. One for a little privacy and two is my wife is an animal person and that includes horses.

lacie
09-19-2010, 06:04 PM
After paying off all my bills, buying a home at the beach, home in the mountains, a Ferrari, a yacht, and spoiling my wife I would probably start a business of some sort that catered to crossdressers. Maybe a chain of clothing stores designed for crossdressers. I'm sure it would get alot of us out of the house!

Emily Barton
09-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Hmm, hard to say. I'd pay off uni fees, probably invest a fair amount of it into poker (my other vice besides crossdressing!). And then I'd use the rest and some dutch courage to go and buy whatever beautiful dresses etc took my fancy! :)

Rachel Morley
09-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Your question was how would it effect my crossdressing? .... it would be huge! Assuming I'd won enough to be financially self sustaining, then due to not having to go to work, I'd probably become full time or at least almost full time. We don't owe much on the house and we only have minimum credit card dept so that would obviously disappear easily, then I think we'd probably get a bigger house with a big walk in closet and a whole load of new clothes for both me and my wife. I'd probably get us a couple of new cars too - just for fun - then probably go on vacation together quite often (en femme of course) :)

sandra-leigh
09-19-2010, 07:21 PM
I have no debts, and I have enough to buy regular (non-designer) clothes pretty much at will now, but with long term retirement always a factor in my decisions.

Lottery win... if we are talking $10000 or $20000 then it would probably just end up being deposited in my bank account.

If it was like $1M, then I would also think seriously about moving "back home" -- but as houses are more expensive there and the interest rates are so low now that I'm not sure that it would be practical to retire on only $1M. Financially I'd be better staying on the job for another decade or so -- the pension would exceed the interest income.

My immediate family are good people, some of whom are stuck in hard circumstances not of their own making; I'd like to get them unstuck.

I've met a number of people whom I wish I could help out, hire somehow... but I don't have anything specific in mind.

At this time I don't have any particular desire to go for FFS or SRS. A boob job is not ruled out.

Now, if I somehow got Big Money, much more than enough to retire on... well, I have some ideas about a non-profit foundation, but the ideas are not TG related.

alyssaenglefield
09-20-2010, 05:02 AM
Easy: pay off student loan, buy house and car, travel overseas first and foremost - and give $26,999 to each of my family (one dollar over that and John Key takes his share). Then, liposuction and HRT. No SRS - I don't want to lose the reproductive ability.

Which reminds me - Wednesday is $7.5 million plus $2 million in non-cash prizes, and Saturday is $19 million,

tealannette
09-20-2010, 12:35 PM
i would do the same..hair removal, nip and tuck to have more fem look.

Alberta_Pat
09-24-2010, 09:22 PM
I was chatting with a fellow the other day, and the conversation got around to winning a million dollar lottery.

As you are likely aware, with winnings of that magnitude, pictures are taken and published.

After a moments thought, I told him that I would likely invest in the nicest wig, best makeover, and a great wardrobe for this event. All this to make myself "unknown" in "real" life.

He actually thought that it would be a great way to remain "anonymous"!

The more I think about it, the more I wish I won the lottery. I know I would be very comfortable in front of the camera for this. (and the new look would likely stick around too).

What about you cross dressers? Would you present as the opposite sex to "mislead" the public?

emilygielen
09-26-2010, 11:32 AM
1) Buy an apartment on the Gold Coast, Australia
2) Have some holidays in the US
3) Buy lots and lots of clothes (female)
4) Spending time with a beautician to help me to have a more feminine look!

And I would help my cheerleader squad to buy uniforms and pompoms

sometimes_miss
09-26-2010, 12:39 PM
I don't need multi millions; just enough to stop working, and move out of this hell hole, to somewhere tropical but secure, probably Hawaii. Then buy a small house, dress when I want, and finally stop worrying about what would happen if someone found out about me.

Melody Phillips
09-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Pay off debts first. Then a big house with huge closets for my wife and me to put all our new clothes in. lol

DameErrant
09-26-2010, 01:23 PM
I see lots of talk about walk in closets. Why think so small? In my fantasy house, my Master/Mistress Bedroom Suite has a Sitting Room, Office/Study, 1/2 bath, unit kitchen, Bedroom big enough for doing Tai Chi or dancing, Full bath suite (with sunken tub, sauna, shower and a Kohler Environment chamber, if they still make them,) and a Clothing Room 2/3 big as the rest put together. (Has to have room for two wardrobes you know, three if you count my wife's.) After all, this is fantasy, right?
:heehee:
I would put a tall stone tower at one corner of my new house, crenelated like a medevil castle, just so I could climb up there and enjoy the view. My Entertainment/meditation center could go on the floor below.
:daydreaming:
And for my SO,a dedicated Parlour, a professional stainless steel kitchen (for the caterers) and a ballroom, so she can "have people over," like she talks about all the time. Maybe Diane could even attend some of her parties, once we are not dependant on anyone else's opinions of us.
:):battingeyelashes:

Ann Thomas
09-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Many people that win big on a lottery go bankrupt some years later because they over extend themselves, change their lifestyles and live above their means. A couple of decades ago I was in a similar situation with receiving a large inheritance. It was not on the scale of these mega-millions jackpots, but it was enough that I could have lived on it for years. Instead, between living above my means, trying to switch to a new trade (which resulted in no income from work in over a year and having to go back to my original work, head down, tail between my legs), and a divorce, it was all gone in just a few years.

Speaking from experience, here's what I would do:

I would try to remain anonymous, but that is in most cases not possible, as it's usually in the fine print on the back of the lottery tickets (or on the lottery web site) that you release your name and image to them for promotional purposes. So, that's a bit difficult to pull off. That said, get an attorney that is used to dealing with celebrities for identity protection. People will come out of the woodwork begging for money, and it will go on for a while, so figure out how to hide.

If possible, select the annual payout option, instead of the one big windfall option. You'll get far more money in the long run, and even the first payment should be plenty to live on. If you're older and don't think you'll live long enough to see it and enjoy it, then look at it this way - once you're finished with your Bucket List, why would you want to ruin all your heirs lives by showering them with money? They'll probably squander it anyway so putting it in an annual payout form will force them to budget better. Just make sure you spell out how the payments will be divided in your will.

Once you have a new identity, get a new non-published number cell phone and be very careful who gets the number.

Very carefully research where to buy a house or condo in a very affordable place. In other words, would I be able to afford the property taxes, maintenance and repairs on the income I have currently. I would then purchase that place and move in to it once it was ready. Buy the house using your new identity - very important!

Register to vote using your new identity - voter registration records are the easiest way to find people.

I would not quit my job if at all possible, even if the windfall was on the scale of these mega-millions jackpots. Instead, I might start looking for one with better hours or a better location, or better benefits. But I would be careful to switch only when everything was just right so as not to disrupt my cash flow or leave a big hole in my resume (gaps of unemployment longer than a year make getting a new job more difficult). But if there's too much pressure from beggars, quitting the current job just for privacy may be in order. Get a new one under your new identity, but it may have to be at an entry level job that you can hold for a year - once past the year most places don't ask for employment history that old, or don't verify it so you can keep your cover.

I would look at buying a very energy efficient car, most likely some form of hybrid or electric, in order to reduce my expenses. Again, register under your new ID.

I would gradually pay down my debts, but I would base the payoffs on each situation. I would run a credit report first to see where the derogatories are and pay those first in order to make other things go more smoothly in all the above steps that involve credit history checks. Some debts might be accruing interest, others may not, once put into collections. So take your time and focus on the other things first listed above, as they more deeply impact daily living and your privacy.

Regarding changing identity: My wife used to work in VIP services at a major corporation. She tells me most celebrities use this method of alternate ID for getting around without being noticed, so California law is written to accommodate that. Other states may also have similar in place, and the same goes for other countries. Some smaller states and some countries may not deal with it at all, so you might find it challenging to do the identity change where you are now.

Things to NOT do when you get a windfall:
Quit your job.
Take out any form of loan, even home loans.
Spend above your means.

In summary, use your windfall to decrease expenses and put yourself into a position of being self-sufficient and secure financially. Once you are in that place, do all the fun stuff (I've loved reading about all the creative ways people would spend!) but only with cash.

Hugs,
Ann

Jennifer Devine
09-26-2010, 02:16 PM
A fancy appartment, sports car and driving lessons, get laser hair removal, liposuction, breast forms, a whole wardrobe of clothes and shoes and new wigs. I'd be in heaven!!

Laura Jane
09-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Things to NOT do when you get a windfall:
Quit your job.
Take out any form of loan, even home loans.
Spend above your means.

In summary, use your windfall to decrease expenses and put yourself into a position of being self-sufficient and secure financially. Once you are in that place, do all the fun stuff (I've loved reading about all the creative ways people would spend!) but only with cash.

Hugs,
Ann

All very sound and practical advice, but misses the point of having Millions drop in your lap! You should be able to afford living la vide a loco! Paying off your debts and mortgauge wouldn't make much of a dent in decent sized jackpot payout!

I get the impression you don't like Money very much!

sandra-leigh
09-26-2010, 04:56 PM
I get the impression you don't like Money very much!

I'm not Ann, but I can say that I don't love money. When you have enough to meet your month-to-month needs and to splurge on things like $100 dresses without worrying about paying your debts, but not enough to retire on, then money becomes can become pretty abstract. If I'd gotten a financial adviser early on and had pushed for promotions and traded up jobs in other firms, sure I could have been materially "rich" -- but probably even less happy. I have enough to live according to my conscience, in public service work for the benefit of humanity, and to spend my spare time volunteering to help people. I wouldn't know what to do with a Jag if I had one.

For me, being "rich", having more than enough to retire on, would mean things like giving away handicap-equipped vans to service organizations, or investing in micro-loan ventures, or donating to scholorship funds, or commissioning a composer, or funding bright people to travel and help other people. Ways in which you can make the world a better place, not a more "more money is always good" place.

jenifer m.
09-26-2010, 09:39 PM
i would have the biggest shoe collection you ever saw,and a huge wardrobe to match.id problably get laser hair removal too so i never have to shave again.id also buy a really girly car just for my GNOs.

NicoleScott
09-27-2010, 09:41 AM
After taking care of family current and future needs and expanding my wardrobe, there is something I'd like:

I have always wanted to have a group of cd friends to meet with, talk to, share stories, dress up in complete freedom, etc. I've been out, but never with other cd's.
I would like to build/buy a house where a group of friends could come, dress, and have fun being cd's together.

If I don't win and get to do this but you do, please let me know. I want to be in the club.

dayna_nj
09-27-2010, 09:59 AM
I would just buy clothes and makeup. No surgeries, love being a male, so I wouldnt do anything to change that.

Ann Thomas
09-27-2010, 11:02 AM
Laura, I don't hate money, but I do hate what greed does to people. The problem is people get the idea that millions will solve all their problems, but just looking at all the bankruptcies that result from it show that is not the case. It's almost like people lose all sense of reason when they get a bunch of money. As far as financial advisers, who you gonna trust? How many times have I read stories of wealthy celebrities losing everything to a corrupt 'financial adviser'? I just did a Google search on 'celebrities who lost everything' and the list is enormous.

Hugs,
Ann

NicoleScott
09-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Ann, your advice is good. But as for financial advisors, people ripped off by them share the blame. I'd pay a financial advisor for financial advice but never give up control of my money. You should be able to trust people (making sure they have a history of being trustworthy) but never substitute trust for control.

I'd pay my debts because I owe my creditors the money, but I wouldn't have much concern for my credit rating. Hey, I just won the lottery!! I'm not borrowing anymore!

I'd set up a program (again, run by someone trustworthy) to handle my charitable contributions, and REFER all requests to this program ("I have a charitable program. Please direct all requests to______. I don't handle it myself.")

I agree with not spoiling all the relatives. Here's a great way to help: pay for college for close friends and relatives, setting them on a path of financial independence.

Lots of good comments posted , but I can't help but think that the OP really wanted to know how the windfall would affect crossdressing activities.

CharlotteW
09-27-2010, 03:36 PM
I have thought about this before. I'd like to throw a party and invite all my friends, letting them know exactly why I was having the party. I could insist the party was strictly fancy dress and see how many people wouldn't care about their filthy rich friend being dressed en femme especially if there's a sniff of wonga in the air.

But seriously, I'd have my eyelids sorted and permanent facial hair removal.

sandra-leigh
09-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Lots of good comments posted , but I can't help but think that the OP really wanted to know how the windfall would affect crossdressing activities.

Well, in that case: if it was enough to retire on, I'd start wearing dresses and skirts to work. What are they going to do, fire me? :D But I wouldn't necessarily quit... gotta do something to keep myself going.

NicoleScott
09-27-2010, 10:05 PM
I'd start wearing dresses and skirts to work. What are they going to do, fire me?

Good idea. It lets you mess with them in a reversal of messer/messee. And they would know that you have enough money for a good lawyer if they decide to fire you.

joanne anderson
09-28-2010, 03:51 AM
Once all the family were taken care of, I would get what others have said they would do and choose to have some liposuction to rmove some of those sagging bits and then get a personal trainer to tone up the rest. Then buy lots and lots of expensive clothes to replace all those I bought at secondhand shops or the Salvation army store over the years. Then I go vist my son in Seattle and go and get a full make up and have lots of photographs taken at a studio which I had booked to do on my last trip but which fell through./

erickka
09-28-2010, 06:00 AM
Wow. I love all the responses here. I gather that almost all of us girls put family and other obligations FIRST and FOREMOST, then plan for ourselves. Just goes to prove that there are a lot of good people left in this world, with a great number of them right here on this forum! Again ladies, thanks for your responses and insight on this one, and by all means have a great day!!!!

Hugs, Erickka.

Moo91
09-28-2010, 07:10 AM
I'd get better clothes, some new shoes, and maybe a nicer pair of forms.

I don't play the lottery, though.

gretchen2
09-28-2010, 09:06 AM
Srs

AKKaren
09-28-2010, 12:09 PM
:daydreaming:Lets see....Pay off the little I owe to others, pay off my childrens mortgages, Buy that 40+ foot sailboat, sail it around the world as Karen for sure!!

Bob Roe
09-28-2010, 12:45 PM
If i won a lottery I would pay off my bills, create education funds for our grandchildren, get a new Buick for my wife, give some money to the church and some to my schools, Washington, Wyoming and convert the rest to gold.

Michaela42
09-28-2010, 01:38 PM
I apologize in advance for the long post.

First thing I would do is keep it on the low and simply invite all of my family to a party at my house (we do this often so it would not raise suspicion.) I would then have a very tasteful and through makeover for Makaila. The party would be catered and after everyone had arrived Makaila would make her first appearance. This is when the evil would set in :devil:

Anyone who would issue a snide remark or laughter, etc . . . would be asked to leave. Makaila would address those remaining to the effect that she was here now and they had better deal with it. Again, anyone who had a problem with this would be asked to leave. The party would go on with similar trends, (good natured ribbing would be acceptable, anything else, so long) until the party was about over. Only then would I tell everyone that I had won the lottery and I would offer to pay their current bills (mortgages, car payments, set up college funds, etc.) Once that was taken care of the family and friends remaining would be welcome at my home any time; those that had been asked to leave, so sorry about their luck.

And no, I would not care a bit if at the end of the night I only ended up with a $100 from the winnings. I think it would be worth it to find out who was honest or not, but then I am kind of weird/evil :D

NicoleScott
09-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Makaila, It's evil. I like it.

Eva_nine
09-28-2010, 08:56 PM
honestly i doubt i would devote much of the winnings to CDing. i would probably get a more femme car just for when i am out and about en femme. i would update my makeup but other than that i wouldnt spend alot on CD goods. i enjoy the thrift store shopping for both of my wardrobes and i dont go out as often as i would like so i really dont need a huge wardrobe.

DameErrant
10-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Makaila, It's evil. I like it.

Nicolle, what's so evil about that? Sounds like poetic justice to me. Well, maybe a little evil if you enjoy it too much. (Which I would, of course!)

I might adopt the same idea myself, if I get the chance. Then, if we have enough left, take everyone on one of those Alaskan glacier cruises, informing them in advance that I was going as Diane. I just hope that if we hit an iceberg, my forms give me enough extra bouyancy to last until we get picked up. (If it's women and children first in the lifeboats, I will have to come out of the closet long enough not to be forced into a lifeboats with the GGs.)

Cassi3
10-01-2010, 04:35 PM
WOW! So many ideas. For me I would say, but my own home outright, nothing major, something modest. Then I would have one room just for all my wardrobe complete with a huge mirror and all my makeup and girl stuff. And take my dad to Italy.

countrygirl
10-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Find a place of my own and go and finally get some help with the transformation to Amanda for a couple of weeks.

alyssaenglefield
10-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Well, you can't win the lottery unless you have one of these:

She's $24 million this coming Saturday (9th) - if one person wins it, it'll be the second largest prize awarded in New Zealand history (after last year's $36.8 million Big Wednesday).

But the chances of winning the $24m is one in 38,383,800 (six balls from 40 and one Powerball from 10) Luckily I've got ten chances.

LoriFlores
10-02-2010, 07:47 PM
I probably go get buy my own house, therapy for a while, get HRT, buy a new wardrobe, and get SRS then go get a job as my new self... (yeah I know that's not CD but it's what I'd do)

That's me!

Tina P Hose
10-02-2010, 08:16 PM
I would take care of those who I love, this would include homeless pets, quit smoking, payoff my bills,buy lots of clothes, get a make over, and buy this sight.

Tamii
10-05-2010, 03:29 AM
First i'd get a boob job, laser body hair removal, and prob purg from boy to girl every other month till i find a perfect balance or Oneness ;)

kimmy p
10-05-2010, 11:52 AM
As said before, pay off bills. permanent facial and leg hair removal. Move out of state to a open minded, liberal area (Seattle?) where my wife and I could start anew. Send her back to school to become an attorney. Open my own massage business. All of the clothing and shoes that I want. Probably no breasts, I'd love a small pair of my own but it would go overboard as far as my wife is concerned.

larry
10-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Whew a person could go overboard with this . I would contact Emerald Fantasy for a complete makeover. Get a lot of lessons and wardrobe then see if I could somehow get to meet Mrs. Silk. Wow what a dream.

Tracy X Cruz
10-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Hmmm...

Honestly I always pictured my self putting it away and rationing it out so I didn't have to have a real job anymore I could let Tracy be the freelance artist and supplement my huge savings with art sales... but I do have to say that full body laser/electrolosys and a a boob job sound really really tempting.

Crysten
10-05-2010, 12:24 PM
I've actually given this a lot of thought - two people I know (or one of their immediate family members) have won BIG in the lottery. So what would I do? Simple - not much. Invest it. Pay off bills. Business as usual. Recieving a big chunk of money like that has ruined more lives than anything else - this is a statistical fact. No question about it. As far as all the "boob jobs, plastic surgery, etc etc" ---- nah. not till my kids are much older. Boring, I know, but there it is.

charlytuna
10-05-2010, 12:34 PM
my dreams of hitting big of get out debt and get a bigger where I can walk around outside in the yard and hold party, new wardrobe and lesson on being more like a femme like I am

Ashleythenewgirl
10-05-2010, 01:10 PM
One of many things I would do is fly all my girlfriends to one place for a shopping trip and night out. All expenses paid.
And a day at the spa.

One big thing I would do is make a sizeable donation to the Domestic Violence shelters and agencies in my state. It is woefully underfunded and I think it is important to remember all aspects of feminity, including women and children who are victims.

nacracat
10-05-2010, 04:56 PM
:)most certainly have a new swing top bin for the kitchen!!

Penny-Leyne
10-05-2010, 05:57 PM
I would definately buy an apartment in New York. Somewhere where I could dress 24/7 and hopefully do what I want in terms of dressing. As perverse as it sounds, I quite like the idea of living a double life, boy over here and girl over there. Imagine ordering some things online, jumping on a plane and opening he door to a whole new wardrobe when you get there. Sounds like fun.

I've bought a ticket for the £112 million lottery on Friday, so fingers crossed.

krissy
10-05-2010, 06:19 PM
i would buy a house for everyone i knew my family fist of course pay everyone's debt off give my wife half tell her im living the rest of my life as krissy and if she wanted to accept me we would spend the rest of our lives just traveling and enjoying each other if not she could go on with her life and i would be me till i died . go girls go:cheer:Krissy luv you all