PDA

View Full Version : I went out alone!

steffie39
09-03-2005, 12:16 AM
Hi girls,

I wanted to share this with the girls here.

Today was full of surprises. This is a long story though. I thought I was going to be in drab and was going to visit my dad but at the last minute something came up for him and he wasn't home. I thought then that I would dress up but after I did my makeup and dressed up, I looked outside and it was such a pretty day! I have always been the type to want to go out especially if the weather is great. The only times (two) I have been out, though, it was with other girls at the NJ meetings. I thought to myself on the spur of the moment why not try and go out alone and conquer my fear of being alone outside dressed in femme? I know I said before I wasn't going to be a social butterfly but I thought why not try? I felt different today.

I didn't leave the house en-femme per say. What I did was put my male clothes on over my female ones (I removed my bra and breast forms) and put on a hat and had a big towell over my neck (to hide what make-up I had on). I made it to the car without being noticed because from afar I looked my usual male self. Once in the car I proceeded to drive a distance to a secluded parking lot. There I removed my male clothes and put on my female shoes and jewelry. I touched up my makeup and lo and behold, Steffie was outside alone!!

I then drove to the place that I was at last week (Dress Barn) with the girls from my meeting. I parked the car and went in alone. I started to get the jitters but I said to myself that there is nothing to fear! After all I was there last week! Other crazy thoughts popped into my head like maybe the reason I wasn't laughed at last week was becuase I was among other girls and blended in. However I gave myself a pep talk and went in. The sales lady there was very friendly (made me feel welcome). I picked out a blouse and tried it on. It fit and I bought it. Once I left Dress Barn I then went to Avenue (didn't go there last week) and bought a bra and some shoes (finally found some size 13 shoes in a store! Cloudwalkers). Once again the sales lady was friendly and helpful. From there I walked to Payless shoe store and looked but could not find anything. Once again, however, the sales person was friendly (I started detecting a trend here! :)

After this I drove far away to North Jersey. On the way, I saw another Dress Barn and got a nice red dress. From there I went to another Avenue and found another great pair of shoes plus a great blouse on sale. At about this time I got a run in my pantyhose ; so I decided to pick up some pantyhose from here. I asked the sales lady if I could try on the blouse (I always ask first-never take it for granted). She said yes and I then asked if I could put on one of the pairs of pantyhose I bought as mine developed a run. She said no problem. After coming out of the dressing room, everything fit. The sales lady then asked if I wanted to open an Avenue account as I would save a little money this way. I did. At the end she said my rings I had on looked pretty and she also smelled my perfume (Chanel No. 5) and said that was her favorite perfume. She was the friendliest of all the sales girls (although all were very friendly). She said to come back again soon.

From there I then went to a mall and walked in Macy's. I bought lipstick (a nice red color) and blush. In the clothing section I found a nice garter belt. From here I went to my last stop (Lane Bryant) and once again the sales lady was nice. I was looking for some stockings to go with the garter belt. Unfortunately they were out. Before leaving, I got up the courage to do another thing I always wanted to do: get a bra fitting! The sales lady measured me and found I was a 38C. I tried on a couple (even one D) but they were still too small for my breastforms. She then recommenced a full-coverage bra with support (38 C). Unlike the others this fit great! I got two of them (half off the second bra there-that's why I got 2). By this time it was a little past 9 in the evening. I then drove toward home (I even got gas at a station as Steffie still somewhat far from home). I then went to the secluded lot again and put my male clothes back over my female. I made it home safely and then once there changed into my nightgown but only after modeling for my wife the clothes I got today). I was still excited and just waned to share my experience today. :)

What a great day! I walked the tightrope today without the safety net (i.e., no other girls with me for support) and I survived! The day went as well as it possibly could have! Every store had a friendly sales girl. It felt so good to walk into these stores (with my heels clicking on the floors) and to be treated so nicely. I got some good bargains too. The male side of me appreciates that! :)

It was a great experience today and I wasn't even ridiculed. I know the sales girls obviously knew I was a male but I treated them with respect and they did the same to me. I learned firsthand today: just because a girl doesn't pass doesn't mean she is not pretty (on outside and inside). What a wonderful day! If I can do this, anybody can. I'm not saying for other girls to burst out the door and do it now. It came naurally to me and I think it will to others too. As long as you go to safe places and treat everyone with respect, you will have a good time, I believe. I know this post was very long. I apologize. If you've gotten this far, thanks for reading.

Steffie

triciaannmarie
09-03-2005, 12:59 AM
WOW
Way Cool

tricia

CJFMix
09-03-2005, 01:11 AM
Congratulations , for the big step !!!

But , I think you changed clothes to many times .
It would be much simpler if you'd changed once
before you stepped outside , so you wouldn't
have to change before you came back to your house ???

To all CD'ers & TV'ers ,
not to be shy to go out , in public .
It's time we get visible

Toni
09-03-2005, 01:55 AM
Hi Steffie,

For a girl that's never been out on her own before you certainly made a good job of it, must have been wonderfull - way to go girl.

Clare
09-03-2005, 06:29 AM
It seems like a spur of the moment decision is the way to go!

Saves worrying about the whole process in advance doesn't?

I so happy for you that everything worked out so well for you. btw, did you take any pictures?

Maybe i should wake up one day and just get out and do it too eh?

Christine

Toyah
09-03-2005, 06:41 AM
Good for you youe are braver than me:hugs:

RachelDenise
09-03-2005, 07:08 AM
Talk about taking the plunge!! Way to go. I'm so happy for you that it was such a positive experience!

Trinity_cat
09-03-2005, 07:26 AM
Great story Steffie, congrats.:thumbsup:

Emily Ann Brown
09-03-2005, 07:32 AM
Awesome dear, you're my hero !!!!!

Emily Ann

Billijo49504
09-03-2005, 07:32 AM
Thanks for sharing. Isn't it fun to go shopping. After your experience with the
Dress Barn, I'll have to try that store.

cosmolovesph
09-03-2005, 10:01 AM
Way to go Steffie, sounds like a great day!

Any pics of the new purchases?

Valerie West
09-03-2005, 10:20 AM
Steffie, I admire your courage - Right On!!! It takes guts to go into the shopping centers for the first time, but the clicking of the heels and the cool of the air conditioners make everything alright. Congratulations. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Val.

MichelleGray502
09-03-2005, 11:21 AM
way to go steffie i am proud of you as well lov, i know from experince it's very tuff to do your first time doing it, but now it will be easier every time you do it most sales lady in clothing stores, lingerie stores, shoe etc. are usually very nice and pretty well let try evrything on that want to knowing that you usually end up buying somthing in the end.

well done lov, i haven't been out femm for a while, due to "th fact that i need to buy a new wig before i do, I am working on that and hopefully i will be out very soon.
take care lov and best of luck 'th next time.

Billie1
09-03-2005, 12:49 PM
"Just because a girl doesn't pass doesn't mean she's not pretty (inside or outside)"

You rock, girl! :thumbsup:

That is the same mesage I've been trying to get acros to one of our group.

We are all beautiful!

Ta-Ta,
billie :love:

Rachel Morley
09-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Gosh Steffie you are awesome!

I was reading your post and following it and thinking to myself, "yeah, I think I could do that" but then when I read that you opened an account?! Wow! I could never do that because I would have to show my ID and of course with the credit check, they would know! :eek:

I don't think I would have the guts to ask for a bra fitting either, or speak with the "lipstick girls" at Macys. I guess I have a ways to go to get to your comfort level :)

parris james
09-03-2005, 01:23 PM
:thumbsup: Way to go hun :)

steffie39
09-03-2005, 01:23 PM
Thanks girls, for all your kind words. I don't really think of myself as courageous because if I were totaly courageous, Steffie would prance about near my home among my friends and co-=workers and I haven't reached that level yet. lol

To answer some questions:

I didn't take any pics. maybe next time I will.

Opening an account in my male name was no big deal because it was in stores far away from my town. As for knowing, I'm sure the sales girls knew when I walked in anyway. It's not like they know anyone that I know as a male. It's to their advantage too as I'm sure they want a steady customer. I'm thinking maybe I can get a duplicate card with my female name on it. I think it would be more fun that way.

Steffie

Amber
09-03-2005, 01:50 PM
I've always taken advantage of costume parties but thats Hard core!

mchelle
09-03-2005, 10:54 PM
good job. the only thing i can do is wear panties and bra under male clothes. wish i could do skirt but...most of the salesgirls at Vickys or Fredericks have been helpful

Adrianne
09-04-2005, 09:53 AM
Great Steffie, I wish i had the guts to do what you did.

Adrianne.

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-04-2005, 12:29 PM
You go girl! :cheer:

FYI, I've discovered that sunglasses are sufficient to hide your make-up as long as A) you're not running into people up close, and B) you're doing a natural look, which means you shouldn't look obviously made-up. (Obviously, you do need to put your lipstick on later and might also want to do your blush later as well.) If you look at GGs across the street, you'll see how it's not necessarily obvious they've got make-up on. And once you're in the car, the glass blurs your features just enough.

A baggy gym suit will also hide a bra (although you do want to take out the forms) and even will hide hip pads, long as they're not too large. I've even been able to hide a skirt under them. Yeah, I look a bit lumpy in the butt, but since I just need to go from the front door to the driveway it works for me.

And as you discovered, if you act like you deserve respect, you'll usually get it.

KELLYANN
09-06-2005, 11:25 PM
way to go STEFFIE! you had a full day. in my limited experiance, i've found most all sales clerks to be friendly and accomindating. particually younger ones. have got nasty LOOKS from shall we say senior females. although a rarity. and several yrs. ago ENJOY! :)

JocelynG
09-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Way to go Steffie. You made a huge leap.Good for you. I glad you were able to find some things for your wardrobe as well. I hope you have many more wonderful experiences

Holly
09-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Steffie,

Just awsome! You have the soul of a sister! Thank you for sharing your adventure with the rest of us. Now what are you going to do next? :eek:

ChristineRenee
09-07-2005, 12:05 AM
Major congrats to you Steffie! A great feel good story...and thanks for sharing it with us. :hugs: