PDA

View Full Version : dressing and the Plumbing store

joank
09-17-2010, 12:50 PM
How many of you have had this face you? I dressed this morning in women's home repair cloths, nice makeup, t -top, skimmers and jeans, to do some plumbing. Being an amature, I took the project as far as I could and then debated calling the pros but made one more call to the supply store. Sure they said, we have parts that will save you the cost of a house call. Now I have to change cause although I go shopping and have my nails done, I think going into a plumbing shop dressed would be like going to a biker bar dressed. So I am waitng for my nails clear coat to dry and then off with the make-up, cloths and on with the drab... Darn!

Karren H
09-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Amateur crossdresser or Amateur plumber??

Personally I wouldn't have found myself in that situation... Firstly I wouldn't wear jeans to start... And I do all my own plumbing... So I usually have everything I need plus some!

But I'd certainly go down to the store enfemme.. No sense in changing and changing back.. Ohhh first loose the jeans and wear a skirt.. So much nicer.. Imho.

AllieSF
09-17-2010, 02:18 PM
I guess it depends on if you go out dressed to a lot of mainstream places to shop, dine and have a good time. it also depends on how often you may go to the plumbing supply store. If you hardly ever go there, then yes, just go en femme and get what you need. i would look at it this way, when will you ever see those people again! Good luck and happy repairs. I bet you have to go back there a couple more times too. It always happens to me.

Dana921
09-17-2010, 04:00 PM
I find if I wear a short skirt and a nice top then I get more help faster at Home Depot! Heehee! Yes, I do and my girlfriend who goes with me is constantly amazed because she can never find someone to help her! I told her to wear a shorter skirt and wiggle a bit more! Heehee!

Dana

Chickhe
09-18-2010, 02:50 AM
I do the same...it is pretty hard to build up the confidence to go to a male dominated store. It did it once to a home depot and got 'read' by customers more than at the mall, but the cashier girl was friendly and made me feel good. I was buying some aluminum ducting tape.

Kate Simmons
09-18-2010, 05:24 AM
Sounds good. I'll have two check valves and a charcol filter to go please.:heehee:

Christineblake113
09-18-2010, 07:51 AM
I don't know what kind of response you'd get, but plumbing supply stores rock for selection and quality of fixtures, obscure parts, and rebuild kits.

Christine

gretchen2
09-18-2010, 07:55 AM
I just hate it when I get flux on my skirt.