PDA

View Full Version : Starting Again

TiffanyTgirl
09-17-2010, 01:28 PM
After a purge a few months ago, my 3rd since joining here, I can't stop. I bought a new p[laid mini at Burlington and some new undies. Somehow I have to make this work in my life.

Karren H
09-17-2010, 02:03 PM
The next time you get the urge to purge... Stop and think it through then PM me.. I'll give you my address.... Ohhh.... What size do you wear btw? :D

DonnaT
09-17-2010, 03:14 PM
The easiest way to make it work, DON'T PURGE.

Not so easy, but essential, find self acceptance. Think of it as being a nice rare gift.

RADER
09-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Box it all up, and put it in a storage locker. Cheaper than buying all new; of coarse shopping is fun. Rader

andreana2.0
09-17-2010, 04:02 PM
I have to agree with Rader. The next time you get the urge to purge, box it all up and then store it somewhere, I like to put mine deep in the basement. I like to think "out of sight, out of mind". But it never seems to leave my thoughts. After many purges, it is definitely less expensive to store it away and have it for later, than having to go out and buy all new things.

Tasha McIntyre
09-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Tiffany, after 3 purges you must know that the urges ain't going to go away. As already stated, you do need to find acceptance, (and a storage locker).
Luckily, assistance is only a mouse click away.

Gerrijerry
09-17-2010, 04:08 PM
girls purge for many reasons. Mostly because of guilt or family and friends being close to finding out about them. It is scary and the guilt wroks its way in for some a lot. I could tell you that you need to accept yourself but others will tell you that. I could say put what ever it is you have in a box and store it away for when you feel the need again. I could even suggest you see a counselor. I could suggest you send what you want to get ride of out to the girls. Many simple can't afford new clothes and couls use what ever you send. However with all that said may I suggest for you to do what you feel you need to do. Besides going shopping for new clothes after a pruge could be fun also.

sterling12
09-17-2010, 04:31 PM
The First Time you make a Mistake, you LEARN from it. If you keep on repeating that Mistake, this makes everyone question your cognitive skills! I could imagine What some people describe as Hell, as being in a State of Mind where you just kept on repeating your same mistakes endlessly!

So......stop doing this! Unless you get some sort of "payoff" for going through this cycle of buying clothes and then getting rid of them; all you will do is torment yourself! If you really need to do this sort of strange "Mea Culpa," why not just join some Weird Religious Order that will allow you to whip yourself and scourge your body? It would sort of be like cutting out "The Middle Man." You can work out all your Guilt Feelings, and quit wasting Money.

Are you beginning to understand? When you really start to analyze your actions, it seems silly to do these things. In The Past, have your Actions accomplished anything lasting? Next time, stop and think, take a deep breath, wait.....and then think again! Play it like The People in A.A.; just take it one minute, one day, one week, at a time. It's a good start for modifying your behavior.

Peace and Love, Joanie

MichelleL
09-17-2010, 05:30 PM
I agree with all the other posts here. I stopped purging several years ago because I had to eventually buy new things. The last time I felt the need to purge everything, I just left it all in a drawer and ignored it. It was all there when I needed it again and I haven't had the need to purge since then.

LitaKelley
09-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Oooh.. I LOVE plaid minis. ......:love::love:

carolinoakland
09-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Yep. Three times is telling you what you allready know. Pack it up and store it away if feel like purging. You're right, you need to learn to accept this about yourself, whether you are cd, or ts. Or none of the above. It makes you happy, then be happy with it.

Monica73
09-18-2010, 12:30 AM
Ya, stop purging...you're just throwing money and some cute outfits out the window!

KELLYANN
09-18-2010, 01:51 AM
i have to agree with most others. thought about it myself, but knew i'd never change. and i wont. just need a whole lot more closet space. keep it, store it, it's you, dont throw that away.

thechic
09-18-2010, 07:34 AM
Purging is the best way to get some new outfits,and the fun of going up town to shop.

Freddy12
09-18-2010, 08:21 AM
While I agree with those that have urged you to avoid purging, I also understand the need to say "I've just been going through a phase, and it's over now". You may feel like that for a while, but the urge will come back. It's up to you - do you want to purge and feel that you're rid of the need to crossdress, even though you know that feeling will return, or would you rather keep your cute outfits for when those feelings return. The big thing here is to accept the fact that the feelings will return.

jennifer easton
09-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Remember what the red queen said little Alice, keep your head!!! keep your head!!!, pack your girly goodies in your old kit bag, and store! baby store!, cause as you have found out already honey, Tiffany ain't go'n nooo where she'll be back and always with a vengeance!!!!!! love ya girl friend! hang in there! we've all been there just some of us have learned easier than others

Vieja
09-18-2010, 09:36 AM
If one can say anything good about purging in would be that it is fun to build a new wardrobe but only if you can afford it.

Vieja

TiffanyTgirl
09-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Well, there were many reasons for the purge. Storage, guilt and all the usuals. I just want to be me.

Sara74
09-19-2010, 10:49 AM
I share your feelings in many ways Tiffany. I have done the purging probably 6 or 7 times through the years...knowing darn well as I was doing it that 2 months down the road I will regret it. So many different issues can come up in life that make you want to do it...and just try to lead a "normal" life. But like the girls said...you have to learn to accept yourself for who you really are and not fight the urge. The more I fight with Sara, the stronger she becomes...and she makes me spend more money than I want to for retaliation!! LOL Just be yourself sweetheart. You will find a way. ;)

deebra
09-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Been there, done that, have now fully accepted and move on, Now it's hard to take it off and put it in the drawer. Accept, keep, wear, enjoy.