PDA

View Full Version : is crossdressing to you a need or a past time

Shining Star
09-03-2005, 02:30 AM
is crossdressing to you a need or a past time. for me it's just a past time it just feels to good when i dress

Rachael Warren
09-03-2005, 02:41 AM
For me it's a need, I get really depressed if I can't do it.

I doubt there have been many days in the last few years when I havn't poped into a skirt, at the least.

Rachael. ;)

Melissa Ryan
09-03-2005, 03:05 AM
Well. Where to start? I guess that for me, it is a passtime. But i feel that I need it. But some times the need can be so overwhelming! I just NEED to be again. The longest that I have stayed dressed was 1 week. That was so good to live as Melissa for that long! In saying that though, I usually do dress for a couple of days at a time. Its been nearly 2 weeks now, and I'm starting to feel the need to get back that feeling again! :)

.....Melissa............

GypsyKaren
09-03-2005, 03:18 AM
Dressing for me is really a need. I feel empty and lost when I can't do it.

GypsyKaren

Clare
09-03-2005, 03:22 AM
For me, its a real need.

I just don't feel right within myself if i can't fulfil the need to dress at times.

I suspect this is one of the reasons why my relationship failed. I pretty much abstained for 9 years, but i did start wearing pantyhose for reasons which my wife accepted at the time, so i was able to wear them (and eventually cotton panties) to curb my desires for a longtime.

But, i also needed to wear dresses and heels and makeup and .....

You know, the 'need' was there all the time. No way is XDR a past time for me!

Christine

HaleyPink2000
09-03-2005, 03:44 AM
I just have urges that are not settled in me till I dress as a female. I don't know why I am like this. It's just magic like when it rains or that the sky is blue and other things. It just is!

Always when I have not been in Femme for a while I get so moody. Again I don't know why. It just is!

So for my side, 100% for dressing En Femme. As much as possible. LOL

I believe people are nicer when dressed and not so cranky. *smile
Me? Am I like that? Like yeah! I am. LOL:)

Anyway, Love to you all.
Haley:)

MelindaC
09-03-2005, 06:48 AM
For me, it is a REAL need. If I'm out of sorts, it really calms me down and more relaxed. Also for other medical reasons, it is infinitely more comfortable to wear dresses or skirts. It helps a lot in providing at least a little relief from a chronic pelvic pain problem (caused by an incompetent M.D., no less.....). Life would be quite more tolerable if I were able to dress most all of time & be out doing normal daily things dressed.

Billijo49504
09-03-2005, 07:40 AM
I used to think it was a pass time, but the wife said if I don't get to dress, atleast partly, I get very grouchy. So I guess it's a need for me also. I know it makes me feel relaxed, when I dress.

Raychel
09-03-2005, 07:47 AM
I also used to think that it was a pastime. Although it seems like that pastime is almost all the time now. That is not necessarily a bad thing. I feel way more comfortable dressed.

tifftg
09-03-2005, 09:02 AM
I have been dressing for nearly 40 years, off and on but ultimatley finding more and more it has to be on. Am including femme pieces more regularly into my outfits. I am accepting that this is who I am and have learned to be very ok with that.

tiff

Georgette
09-03-2005, 09:08 AM
For me any more it is a real need if I don't get to wear at least panties on a daily basis I am a real SOB to live with I know I tried and it ain't gonna fly that way every day I have to have it. ;) :rolleyes:

Tiffy
09-03-2005, 09:30 AM
It is a need, a must, and a have to. With out it there is no me and I can not function. Dress daily for atleast a few hours. If not I get really grumpy and depressed.

Kisses, April

Stormgirl
09-03-2005, 10:23 AM
a way of life

eleventhdr
09-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Well maybe for right now it is still just a past time. But that does not disclude that it is still very important to me. It is just also that it is kind of very hard to be able to dress like i would truly liie to do which would be a lot more of the time. Heck hey i have even been one of those who has considered changeing my sex and i still think this is a very strong urge and option I think it would still be very much better to be a real gg or as close as i could ever get to it short of being reincarnated again female which is what i am wating for anyway. Or maybe one of theses days's they will finally come up with a real way for us guys who long to be girls to swap with females i would sign up for that right away. Oh well!. Suzy!.

Ariel
09-03-2005, 11:32 AM
For me, I don't have to, but I like to. There are those days when I feel that I really need to dress. It is kinda like a stress relief for me.

Hugs,
Ariel

Vaerise
09-03-2005, 11:47 AM
is crossdressing to you a need or a past time. for me it's just a past time it just feels to good when i dress

It has became a need. :confused:

~Kelly~
09-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Most definitely a need. There have been times when I have felt "ashamed" of it and tried to purge everything in order to get a more "normal" life. I could sometimes go for a few months but there is no way to stop. The desire was always there and eventually it would consume me again. Its a very expensive and time wasting process finding out that this is who I am and not try to change it. Overall, though, it is very much a need.

Priscilla1018
09-03-2005, 01:28 PM
For me it just is.It's become such a part of my life now,even though I don't go out or dress completely.It's just me.

MsEva
09-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Oh, I guess it is...Eva is a part of me. I couldn't resist her if I tried. :rolleyes:

Amber
09-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Cool, a fellow Qld'er. I have too, i know its me and i can't ignor it. for years i tried too suppress it, finding myself acting, well........insane. yeah i need it!

By the way big fan of sailor moon, I used to tape the episodes from agro's cartoon conection.

sorry people its an australian thing

LaceLuvr
09-03-2005, 05:40 PM
for sure it is a need for me... it is a part of who I am and I can tell you from experience if I am unable to be myself for too long You will see one depressed and cranky person.

Kathrine
09-03-2005, 05:43 PM
For me its a hobby, its something I enjoy doing. But its not something I need to do every day. It is fun when it fits into my life. Actually if I had more of a chance to do it I think it would grow into more than a part-time hobby but it just doesn't fit in my life right now.

heathr1
09-03-2005, 06:00 PM
although I may only do it once every two months.

gennee
09-03-2005, 06:08 PM
For me , crossdressing is a pasttime. I do it whenever I get a chance. I'll wear panties to work some times or dress en femme when my wife isn't home.

Gennee :)

CammyT
09-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Aloha,
For me, both, a needed pasttime! I can go a month or two without dressing, however I do need to be a Tgirl at times in order to feel complete.

Richelle
09-03-2005, 09:29 PM
For me it is a pastime. I enjoy going out shipping enfemme, but it takes a second to all of my other commitments

Richelle

rexy
09-03-2005, 09:39 PM
for me it has become a almost daily need to at least wear something femme each day :thumbsup:

suit
09-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Most definitely a need. There have been times when I have felt "ashamed" of it and tried to purge everything in order to get a more "normal" life. I could sometimes go for a few months but there is no way to stop. The desire was always there and eventually it would consume me again. Its a very expensive and time wasting process finding out that this is who I am and not try to change it. Overall, though, it is very much a need.

my seemingly very unique qirk/obsession/kink on this idea: girdles
if i did not have one hidden away i obsessed about not having one and where to get one, elestic containment for those yummy curvie hips!
the more i bought and kept the less the girdles invaded my daily thoughts.
I purged a couple of hundred $$ worth and learned quickly this monkee is a ******* and will not be thought out and reasoned away .
this monster has gobbled atleast thousands of $$ in vintage girdles and lycra rayon bathingsuits. but finaly i can walk by a clump of womens swim wear and not want to fondle the damb things . they win now and then ,but now its only a few mins now and then not hrs every day .
no wonder I never did well in school!

Brittney M
09-03-2005, 10:18 PM
For me it is a real need. I get depressed and very angry when I don't get to get dressed. I don't go for than one day without getting dressed.

MaylinJane
09-04-2005, 12:10 AM
I guess it's a need for me as well. I feel as though I'm not a whole person if I don't dress.

May

Adrianne
09-04-2005, 09:56 AM
It is a need for me, just wish i could dress 24/7 but i can't see that happening at all.

Adrianne.

Deanna2
09-04-2005, 05:10 PM
Although I dress up en femme on just about a daily basis and wear pantyhose all the time, I consider it just a pastime. If I can't dress up for a period I don't get withdrawl symptoms.

TVStevie
09-04-2005, 06:23 PM
For me:
If I can do it as and when I want, CDing is a passtime.

If I'm unable to do it for whatever reason, it becomes a need.

I can go weeks or even months without wearing a single item of feminine clothing, providing I'm choosing to do so. However, when I have decided in the past to go "cold turkey" and do the whole purging of clothing thing, it eats away at my every waking thought and becomes a necessity. I've tried the 12 step approach but I can never quite admit that I have a problem. :)

Toyah
09-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Passtime for me, am passing time in leather at the moment:D

kristi cd
09-04-2005, 10:10 PM
For me it is a pastime. I enjoy going out shipping enfemme, but it takes a second to all of my other commitments

Richelle
I'm exactly the same way. If you told me tomorrow I couldn't dress again it wouldn't be the end of the world at all, I'd barely skip a beat if that.

crispy
09-04-2005, 10:35 PM
I need to underdress to pass the time, 24/7. without it the time doesn't seem to pass at all. ;) :cool:

Debbie Kong
09-04-2005, 11:25 PM
Is crossdressing to you a need or a past time?

Both and even more.

Debbie

Olivia
09-04-2005, 11:49 PM
Need.
Olivia, (in true minimalist mode)

Lisa
09-05-2005, 12:48 AM
for me! I would say both a need and a pastime, i enjoy dressing it makes me feel good, in a different way, i am very secure in the male part of my life, but then there the female side too, for along time i would wear panties and pantyhose but that was it! and then i felt like i needed more, so started dressing fully and i really love it im in femme at least three to four day a week, would do more if i could. some night i dont even feel like dressing, of going through all of the trouble but lisa useually wins and i dress anyway. IT just a part of my life that i have learned to accept over the years, and i really feel like there is a certain need there(i cant go to long without dressing) and its a hell of a lot of fun too!!

:D

cerina24
09-05-2005, 03:39 AM
It's just fun for me.
I love woman so much! When I see a lady looking amazing out and about I like to try and create that look by purchasing something similar.
It's a buzz to transform from very masuline guy to a femme lady.

Tristen Cox
09-05-2005, 09:37 AM
Jessica there is no right or wrong answer, there's a thousand degrees of dressing. I dress androgynous most of the time as it feels comfortable. I only go the whole nine yards when I have the time and patience, but when I do I prefer more than a couple hours to stay that way.

Maddie
09-05-2005, 10:10 AM
Hi all

it is such a need that sometimes iI think I can't function
without being able to dress i would lose my mind.
i am semi lucky though because of longish hair and double pierced ears Maddie is always with me and hey it is a mind set not JUST clothes

Wendy me
09-05-2005, 12:52 PM
ok for me it's a need , it's not part of me it is me ....even though i just went a week with out dressing there was not mutch time that some part of wendy was on my mind or at lest though abought .....the frist chance i had poof in wendy mode.....a need for shure....

Stephenie
09-07-2005, 09:27 AM
For me it's a need and a pleasure. Though I don't get to dress as often as I would like, I do as often as I can.

Katie Ashe
09-07-2005, 09:55 AM
It is a serious need, my wife says I get real cranky when I go without dressing for to long :rolleyes: . There is nothing wrong with being comfortable, right !?!

arula
09-07-2005, 10:01 AM
oh yes, both for me. Arula's spare time is, Arula's spare time.

JocelynG
09-07-2005, 11:19 AM
For me it is an absolute need. I need to let the woman inside of me express myself somehow and dressing expresses my ultimate femininity. If I could I would dress 24/7 and not turn back

Carlacd
09-07-2005, 11:33 AM
It's both a need and a pastime for me. Something i sort of noticed in this thread, and maybe i read everybodies posts to fast is, I have the desire too dress. :)

DeannainWI
09-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Finding this forum has seemed to fill my need to be Deanna without having to get dressed up.Just reading all the wonderfull posts seems to give me the outlet that i crave for my more femme side.I still dress every so often,just not as much as i used too.

Jo_2s
09-07-2005, 12:02 PM
A need, just ask my wife what I'm like if I have to go more than a week
I'm worse than a mad cow with PMT :eek:

Olesha
09-07-2005, 12:34 PM
For me its something I enjoy. Women's clothes are so much more nice. Sometimes I just put on a long skirt, top and thong. Occasionally the whole lot . Bra, thong. suspenders, stockings, skirt and top, or dress, and jewellry and makeup expertly employed by my very lovely, understanding GG.

ecsvmc
09-07-2005, 03:54 PM
For me its a need but it also a great pasttime during the long winter evenings-

Daphne Renee
09-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Its more of a pasttime for me.. a hobby more or less. Its somehting I enjoy doing but dont feel the need to do it all the time.

Rachael Warren
09-07-2005, 06:03 PM
A need, just ask my wife what I'm like if I have to go more than a week
I'm worse than a mad cow with PMT :eek:

I'm the same!

But for week, read days!

Rachael. :)

CJFMix
09-07-2005, 10:08 PM
...it changes !!!

When I was 17 , up to 32 years old , I had this urge
to crossdress all the time .

Since then , (I'm now 49) , It became like 2nd nature
to me . I still do it 40% of the time .
But the thrill is practicly gone .
I do it more to be comfortable in the clothes I like to wear .

emmicd
09-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Crossdressing is a need! Baseball is a past time!

Emmi

Zenda
09-08-2005, 12:56 AM
is crossdressing to you a need or a past time

It's most definitely a need. A must-do that I know I no longer want to stop doing. I've 'purged' over time, grown a beard, but it's always been there since I was a teen. Over the last few years (lovely kids have flown the coop and all that) that need has never been stronger and I've never felt better about myself. I don't sneak around any more but at the same time I'm not full femme as a matter of course. I've found a balance that my GG and I are happy with...What the future has in store can only be good - I think! When I have the opportunity to be full femme I can truly say there ain't nothing like it.

Zenda
09-08-2005, 01:06 AM
The beard went 15 years ago. And that was like taking off a disguise!

emmicd
09-10-2005, 10:27 PM
Sometimes I love dressing and sometimes I wish I never got started.

How do you all feel about it?

Crossdressing is sometimes frustrating!

Emmi

Sharon
09-10-2005, 10:29 PM
Didn't have a choice.

Daphne Renee
09-10-2005, 11:05 PM
I like it.. its fun.. but like you said.. it can be frustrating sometimes.

Tara Beth
09-10-2005, 11:25 PM
Fun? Yes, but sometimes it feels like life would be a damn sight easier if I didn't feel these desires. I think ssslllowwwlllyyy though, I'm learning to just say "This is who I am." and go on. Not just with dressing, but with all the litle things I used to fret over.

Darlene57
09-10-2005, 11:56 PM
Hi,. it can be frustrating, always fun, but I would like to stay dressed for a few days, right now, its just overnight.

JocelynG
09-11-2005, 12:13 AM
It is more than fun,even though I do have fun while doing it. :)

paulacd
09-11-2005, 12:36 AM
Ever since I realised what I was feeling it was always a fun thing for me - to me as feminine and beautiful as possible, but because I'm still a straight guy underneath it can quite often get VERY frustrating.

Paula.

MaylinJane
09-11-2005, 12:46 AM
Honestly there are sometimes that I wish I was just one or the other like all the "normal" people. But I think that being a "normal" person would be way too boring. I guess that qualifiles as frustrating.

May

robyn1114
09-11-2005, 12:54 AM
it's not just fun, but its part of who I am. I feel complete when I get to dress

Toni
09-11-2005, 01:48 AM
Hi Emmi,

When I was young my CDing was so frightening you wouldn't believe. I used to go to bed wishing that I would wake up the next morning and it would be over. Now I am old? or is that older it's a joy, I just wish that I had had all the advantages you young girls have had, the internet to name one. Being able to get hold of the clothes and make up you want is another and meeting in groups of like minded girls is heaven. Treasure what you've got and don't let it rush by without you enjoying it fully.

Rachael Warren
09-11-2005, 03:23 AM
Dressing is natural, I don't think about it, I just do it.

Makeup is a different story, never needed to do it until I arrived here!

Hugs, Rachael. :)

Kimberly
09-11-2005, 04:34 AM
I'm just echoing all the replies here, when I say, "I was born like this; I had no choice to dress," and, "It can both incredibly fun and incredibly frustrating."

Mostly it's not the dressing I'm frustrated about though, it's the attitudes towards it from outside the CD community.

Rachael Warren
09-11-2005, 04:40 AM
Mostly it's not the dressing I'm frustrated about though, it's the attitudes towards it from outside the CD community.

I think we all feel that way Kimberly, theres not a lot we can do about it. :(

Rachael. :)

Tristen Cox
09-11-2005, 06:13 AM
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13968

Covers this :)

Amelia Moxon
09-11-2005, 06:26 AM
For me it is fun but I just feel complete when I dress, it's becoming more and more me, Maybe I'm developing into the point where I'll no longer want to be in drab and be a full time CD or even TS, but I'm limited at the mo cos I live at home with the parents.

Kim I can say that the I was born like this goes for me to, It's not like I woke up one day and thought "I know what'll be fun I'll dress up like a girl" I'm not saying some people don't do that it's just i have always been this way.

Another post edited due to spelling grrr

Hugs
Michelle xxx

Wendy me
09-11-2005, 06:45 AM
ok crossdressing is what makes me wendy .... so crossdressing to me is wendy and girlfreind to me that a fun thing...........

Tiffy
09-11-2005, 07:45 AM
It has taken over 20 years but this whole crossdressing thing has grown on me. And now I love it.

Kisses, April

danielle1973
09-11-2005, 07:52 AM
for me its a need and a desire. i too get jittery if i dont do it for more than a couple of weeks. i find that even just wearing lipstick is enough to get me by. besides it was the thing that started it all off....

Rainbow6562005
09-11-2005, 07:53 AM
Hi, Emmicd, :)

I can certainly understand why being a CDer might well be a blessing/curse, depending on one's circumstances:

To be a young person fighting the urge to CD, hiding it from family, trying to fit in with age-mates, concerned should the neighbors find out, etc., being a CDer might well seem to be a sentence to hell.

Fortunately for me, being well along in age, living by myself, with a very supportive GF and enough income to indulge my tastes, I easily experience the joys of being a CDer.

Rainbow

cd_isabelle
09-11-2005, 07:52 PM
for me i would say dressing is more of a past time but there are times for certain that it becomes a need. i have gone long periods of dressing, mostly when ive been very busy but usually when i have some downtime, the thoughts come and i find myself trying something on or going all out and fully dressing.

for me a past time but becoming a need more and more at times.

kisses,

cd_isabelle

Sweet Susan
09-11-2005, 08:19 PM
I'm coming to believe that it's more of a past time than a need. Not sure if I ever believed it was anything more than that. Maybe I just wanted to think it was.