PDA

View Full Version : What the heck, I'm SICK of dressing!?

docrobbysherry
09-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Just got back from the SCC where I dressed all day and nite for 4 days. And, It was a complete BALL!:D

However, I returned my duffle bag full of clothes to my storage room yesterday and something WEIRD happened!:brolleyes:
I began to unpack and sort and hang the things I wore at the SCC. Many had to be washed first, and were. I began to organize a few of my messy areas. Usually, when I'm in my fem storage room, I zone out completely! :) My only thots r what I mite wear next, and what goes with what! :battingeyelashes:

Well, I was doing that, as usual. Next, I always pick out a few things I haven't worn, or haven't worn in a long time, and take a bag full home to see how they fit. (With my suit, I wear 2 completely different sizes now!:heehee:)

As I thot about trying on things at home, instead of the usual excitement, I felt like, "Yuck!":sad: Hey! I've got to start organizing outfits for Halloween soon!:eek:

I'm pretty sure it will pass! But, has anyone had this happen after u dressed for a "longer than normal" period? How long before u felt "normal" again?:straightface:

divamissz
09-17-2010, 09:26 PM
I have dressed for a whole week at a time, but at the end, I never wanted to just go "Ick!" I did feel like I needed to take a break for a day or so because by that time my face was really scrapped up after all that shaving, but otherwise? No. Though I also gain a huge respect for women who have to get dressed and face the world every day!

Pythos
09-17-2010, 09:34 PM
There are very rare instances where I will voluntarily wear Drab for nearly a week. But then I return to my leggings or skirts and remember why I like them more. :)

TxKimberly
09-17-2010, 09:38 PM
I have indeed felt that very way. In fact, I think the last time I felt that way was after SCC. LOL
It seemed that at SCC I spent half my days shaving and applying makeup and by the time I went home I was kind of pleased I wasn't gonna have to do that for a while.

Starling
09-17-2010, 10:15 PM
God ordained, "Men must shave their faces, and women must make theirs up." God never meant one person to suffer doing both, because God is Good.

:heehee: Lallie

LitaKelley
09-17-2010, 11:47 PM
I don't think I'd ever be sick of dressing, however, I do get sick of shaving, putting make up on, then later having to take the makeup off. Sometimes I'll dress and not put on makeup or shave, but I'm not so pretty this way.. but I feel great nonetheless.

Miranda09
09-17-2010, 11:50 PM
I kinda felt that way after my fun at Be-All this year. It really wasn't a matter of being sick of it more than just a matter of my male self needing some equal time. After a couple of weeks, all was back to normal. :)

Kate Simmons
09-18-2010, 04:33 AM
Kind of typical really. It's hard to maintain being a fashion plate ALL the time RS. This is why women prefer to kick back and go casual.:)

Jonianne
09-18-2010, 05:05 AM
Doc, emotionally, a "low" will always follow a "high", it's just part of the cycle. It too will pass.

Butterfly Bill
09-18-2010, 11:40 AM
God ordained, "Men must shave their faces, and women must make theirs up." God never meant one person to suffer doing both, because God is Good.

:iagree: That's why I do neither.

NicoleScott
09-18-2010, 11:41 AM
I love fishing, but after a week of fishing I'm ready for a break.
After a makeup/dressup session, I'm usually not in a mood to fool with my clothes and makeup. But I always take the time to clean and put everything away and prepare for the next session. And when the next time comes, I'm glad that everything is ready.
Go casual? I could never imagine myself going casual. Nor could I imagine Doc going casual.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
09-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Others mileage may very... but I get that way after two days of being the Faery. I think its mostly because I spend most of the day posing and smiling. After eight hours of that I sorta wanna rip my face off, toss the clothes and then sleep for 14 hours straight. I get a lot of happiness out of being Embyrre for that time, but when I'm done with 8 weekends of her... I'm DONE until the following fall lol. There may be a special event or two that come up between those times and I'll dig her out again, but the rest of the year is mostly dressin up normal lookin. I found I like my secretary look the best as its the easiset to slip in and out of and the makeup is also minimal,
The best part of getting away from dressing from time to time is that its always there when you return AND its once again fresh and alive ;)

*hugs*

Zarabeth

Kelly Blaine
09-18-2010, 07:29 PM
I may experience that next year since I plan on attending the SCC. The GG's don't have a choice, they just have to get use to it. I can't wait until next year.

Shelby
09-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Absolutely. I had my big girls day out with some GG's a few weeks back and only to just this week have I started to dress again. It was like all my interest in dressing was used up in one big shot and I was spent. It takes a lot of work to dress up as a woman. Sometimes I need a bit of a break from that but also life got busy what with the start of another school year and working my 2nd job more.

ArleneRaquel
09-18-2010, 07:35 PM
We all need a change from time to time. I hope that you will feel better about dressing very soon. :)

Barbara Jo
09-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Yeah, it's not at all uncommon and I believe most of us have gone through that at least once
Keep in mind that even GGs often do no feel like "dressing up".

All humans are slaves to their own brain chemistry and it can vary from day to day.
No matter what it is we like to do, there are times when we just don't feel like doing it.

sometimes_miss
09-19-2010, 11:33 AM
I don't think I'd mind it much if I could actually become beautiful when I was done. I've known some women who complain about all the work they go through to look good, and wonder out loud if it's worth it. So I tell them yes, yes it is, and let them know exactly how beautiful I think they are, and on behalf of all the guys in the world, thank her so much for looking the best that she can. I think it's very important to feel good about who you are, and feel appreciated for that. Without either, it's simply not worth the time.

docrobbysherry
09-19-2010, 01:05 PM
:heehee: Lallie

:iagree: That's why I do neither.

And I also do neither at home, Bill! Only at the SCC do I need to put on makeup and shave daily. Looking at my ugly mug with terrible makeup slapped on it is DEFINITELY the WORST part of the SCC for me!:doh: And, I had to do BOTH every day there!

I love fishing, but after a week of fishing I'm ready for a break.
After a makeup/dressup session, I'm usually not in a mood to fool with my clothes and makeup. But I always take the time to clean and put everything away and prepare for the next session. And when the next time comes, I'm glad that everything is ready.
Go casual? I could never imagine myself going casual. Nor could I imagine Doc going casual.

Others mileage may very... but I get that way after two days of being the Faery. I think its mostly because I spend most of the day posing and smiling. After eight hours of that I sorta wanna rip my face off, toss the clothes and then sleep for 14 hours straight. I get a lot of happiness out of being Embyrre for that time, but when I'm done with 8 weekends of her... I'm DONE until the following fall lol. There may be a special event or two that come up between those times and I'll dig her out again, but the rest of the year is mostly dressin up normal lookin. I found I like my secretary look the best as its the easiset to slip in and out of and the makeup is also minimal,
The best part of getting away from dressing from time to time is that its always there when you return AND its once again fresh and alive ;)
*hugs*
Zarabeth

Of course, Nicole and Zarabeth! That's something I forgot! With all the fun and excitement of the SCC, I forgot all the STRESS there! Never mind the weeks before hand of planning my outfits and trying on many heaps of clothing pieces, girdles, corsets, wigs, shoes, etc.
Every day at the SCC I was trying to look as good as possible. So, I was always experimenting with the shoes, tops, wigs, jewelry, etc. I brought! And worrying about everything matching and/or forgetting something for that particular outfit!:brolleyes:

NO WONDER the thot of trying on anything seems distasteful now!:eek:
I guess I should just throw on a few things to wear around the house when the mood strikes me, and NOT look in the mirror!:heehee:

I feel MUCH BETTER NOW!
:hugs:

JulieC
09-20-2010, 01:12 PM
It's happened to me. The most definitive event was during a month where I decided to wear pantyhose 24/7/31 (it was January). Keep in mind I adore pantyhose, both on me and on women. At many times in my growing years and young adult life, I'd thought "wouldn't it be grand to be able to wear panthose literally all the time?". So, I tried it. I wore (not the same pair of) pantyhose every day, every night, 24 hours a day. The only time I didn't was (sometimes) in the shower. I made it 27 days. One morning, I took off the pair I'd worn while sleeping, and was just getting ready to put on a new pair and...wham...I'd just had enough. I didn't want to wear pantyhose anymore. That was a first. I'd never NOT wanted to wear pantyhose before. So, I didn't make it to a month. I've thought about trying to do it again, but haven't yet.

It took roughly a month for the urge to come back completely. At other times when I've dressed a lot and just lost interest, it's come back in varying degrees with varying time.

Starling
09-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Sometimes, when I'm not really in the mood, I'll dress anyway. All of a sudden, I'm in the mood, because it's me, and I'll add some little touches that make me look nicer.

:) Lallie

herwannabe
09-21-2010, 08:33 PM
I dress everyday, :daydreaming: and have for the past 3-4 years. that is my normal atire when at home. it is about the first thing I do when I walk in the door, I get rid of male mode I hate it but am stuck In the mornings I get out of the shower and into a fresh pair of panties and a soft calf hi slip :heehee: while I brush my teeth and get ready for work

Christy_M
09-21-2010, 09:01 PM
:eek:
Doc, emotionally, a "low" will always follow a "high", it's just part of the cycle. It too will pass.

I get the emotional high and low extremes and the lows have usually caused me to purge...For some reason, I hit a low yesterday and haven't figured out how to come out of it. Fortunately, I stopped purging quite some time ago since I was too cheap to keep replacing stuff. Even during this low, I am underdressing but for whatever reason I tick the way I do, I am feeling guilt and shame just like I have many times in the past. I must be a train wreck becasue I haven't quite accepted myself for this and yet I can't seem to stop doing it. The shrink says I need to get in touch with Christy while I am in male mode so I can figure out what makes her tick. My male self thinks I am being a big wuss and should figure this out on my own...

Jees, what a downer...who let this wack job on the thread?

docrobbysherry
09-21-2010, 09:17 PM
:eek:
Jees, what a downer...who let this wack job on the thread?

If we had ALL the answers, this site wouldn't be necessary! :brolleyes:
Instead, thousands of us visit it every day! Hoping for; companionship, answers, information, encouragement, and SO MANY other things from our dressing sisters.:hugs:

At one time or another, I'll bet I've felt EVERY odd, weird, guilty feeling YOU'VE felt! Maybe knowing that others here UNDERSTAND mite help!?
It DOES for me!:)

sterling12
09-22-2010, 12:10 AM
You lost me someplace Doc. You don't feel like dressing in your Suit and Mask? You don't feel like dressing en-femme, sans Suit and Mask? You just don't feel like dressing either way? It does make a difference, and it's hard to comment if we don't know. (Course' a lot of these folks don't know about about the "Suit Thing.")

But without further information, I'll just hazard a guess. I imagine it will come back, you just O.D.'d! See, I believe your a lot more TG than you want to acknowledge, and I know "That Part" never completely goes away. Just hang in there and Sherry, (Version A or B) shall return. Remember, if she was really gone, you would miss her....a lot!

By The Way, I asked Joann at The Tri-Beta Meeting Saturday Night to let me see your picture without The Sherry Mask. I knew she would have taken Pics of everyone, and I knew you all were running around in The Same Entourage'. Anyway, your dead wrong! It ain't "ugly old you!" I like Maskless, Bodysuitless Sherry much better! Your actually a very good looking Broad! You come down here to Tampa, to a Conference or whatever; We Tri-Beta Gurls will carefully bust your chops until we get "Unenhanced Sherry" for our Companion.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Christy_M
09-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Maybe knowing that others here UNDERSTAND mite help!?
It DOES for me!:)

It really does help...I got myself into a typical funk where I have been Down on myself...shrink says I need to communicate with Christy on some conscience level while in male mode to understand what makes her tick...I am already pulling out of the funk and thinking about what to wear for my drive to work tomorrow.

Knowing there are so many similar stories and feelings and experiences has given me great solace in that I know whether I accept myself or not, Christy is going to be here till the end. I realize I either need to get on board or get out of the way. I think the "taking chances" piece lately is more Christy steam rolling over my machismo to prove a point the she will be "heard/seen"