PDA

View Full Version : Question for all you C/Ds

joanne anderson
09-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Hi everyone. My question is, how do those of you who are not 24/7 let your wife or SO know that you plan to dress on a certain day or certain time. The reason I ask is that I normaly say that "Joanne might be out today", now she tells me she does not like that description of when I am about to appear as Joanne". We discussed it for a while but I don't seem to have come up with an answer that she feels is appropirate.
Can you help me out.

LoL Joanne

Jacky Aikou
09-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Hi Joanne!

Sometimes I'm like you and just announce that "I think I'll try and get some Jacky time this weekend," etc. Using "Jacky" in the third person is quick and convenient, but I don't like the slight schizo undertone, really. So to avoid any possible chance of creeping out my bride, I try to use more tact. Lines like "I've been in boy clothes 24/7 lately... maybe I'll try on that new top with my black skirt this weekend" still work to state your intentions but keep it about you rather than "the other woman" that your wife may be worried about.

Kathryn Martin
09-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Uhhhmmmm..... I don't announce I just dress usually when I get home from work.

Christina Horton
09-17-2010, 11:14 PM
I don't have a wife or girl friend...yet but try this. I would like to "dress" on sat is that ok? that might be ok with her.

Eve_WA
09-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Before my roommate was comfortable with this side of me, his question was whether I was goin 'Lumberjack' tonight. From an olde Monty Python skit, 'Im a Lumberjack'. I figured it was his way of trying to lighten the situation by making a joke of it. As I recognized the reference, and was not offended... we went with it till he could better deal with the new me. Now he just asks if Im going out tonight.

So find what works. As directness doesnt seem to be working, try humor.

my 2 cents.

Eve

Kelly Blaine
09-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Well with no SO or wife, I dress every night and all weekend. I do like the freedom of not gaining permission.

PretzelGirl
09-17-2010, 11:33 PM
I don't have a wife or girl friend...yet but try this. I would like to "dress" on sat is that ok? that might be ok with her.

My vote is here. I usually don't need to ask anymore. But if I don't know if something could be going on, that is how I ask. Clear enough.

LitaKelley
09-17-2010, 11:41 PM
My wife is now accustomed to me dressing every night after our daughter goes to bed, or ASAP if I have new clothes to try on, sometimes even just wearing the clothes without wig and makeup.

OccasionalSkirt
09-17-2010, 11:59 PM
I wait till my wife is either in bed or away on the weekend. I broke the ice and I'm letting it sit in slowly. I wouldn't rush it, lest you get a massive pushback.

Chickhe
09-18-2010, 02:27 AM
How about ...'I'm going to get pretty' or 'I'll be working on my makeup'.

Cheryl T
09-18-2010, 08:26 AM
At first I would just tell her that I would be dressed that day (I then had a very flexible schedule). After doing that for a while she told me that it wasn't necessary and that I could dress whenever I wanted.
It took a while to become accustomed to that freedom having been in the closet for so many years and now it's just as natural as anything else. I come home from work and if there is nothing that needs attention or we are not going out then I just change. One thing that I have noticed is that when I was "closeted" all I wanted was to don a skirt, hose and heels when I had the opportunity. Now that I dress whenever ... I find I am more the "average girl" and usually only wear skirts when we are going someplace that warrants that attire. Truth be told, I enjoy being an average woman and doing average things. It's more about me now and not about the clothing and I love it.

Tina B.
09-18-2010, 08:27 AM
My wife always preferred, taking a little personal time, or taking time for yourself, now it's just why don't go go put on something pretty.
Tina B.

Kelly Greene
09-18-2010, 10:33 AM
If I plan on getting dressed up I just tell my wife I think I might get dressed up today.
If my wife needs me to not dress up she will say so and, if I am dressed up she may ask me if I am sure I want to go out "that way" meaning I may wan't to rethink my outfit.

NicoleScott
09-18-2010, 11:35 AM
How about some "Home Alone" time?

Jocelyn Quivers
09-18-2010, 01:05 PM
My approach is not to usually try and make a big deal out of it. When "Jocelyn" time is needed the approach is taken in the same manner as if I were to engage in any other activity such as playing video games or cleaning out my closet. As a courtesey if I am going to be engaged in a picture marathon I will tell her a day in advance and try to take pics while she is out.

suchacutie
09-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Fun thread! My wife and I look upon my dressing as a "visit from her girlfriend, Tina". So the phrase goes (from either one of us), "should Tina visit today?". Sometimes she'll just ask me if Tina can visit today, or I'll ask her the same. Regardless, it's a joint decision based upon our whims and all the other thousands of issues life throws at us :)!

tina

daphne g
09-18-2010, 01:16 PM
hi joanne
although my so seems to be pretty much ok with this
like we go shopping together and things and she does help me out if im stuck
i am still the male part of the two of us two and i feel a bit strange doing this with her
so when she goes out i say im gonna play with my stuff
and we both know what its about
allthough i have done it with her around but the man in me feels weird
strange eh?

t-girlxsophie
09-18-2010, 02:18 PM
I dress most days,My wife supports me fully and when at work she will sometimes txt home to find out what am wearing,It goes back to the days we only chatted online or over the phone.She likes to see her man now and again of course so probably more often she will ask for him than the other way around:heehee: I never feel pressured either way by her though

:hugs:Sophie xx

Rachel Morley
09-18-2010, 02:32 PM
I usually ask her if it's ok if I get "girled-up" or "chicked-out" :) .... thankfully, she's never said no to me yet.

janet p
09-18-2010, 02:37 PM
What I use to say was that I want to get comfortable,this also was the way of telling them that I was dressed when they called before coming home with friends so that I would have time to change.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
09-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Well, my situtation is different than most since my S/O supports my other side. On those days when I think its time to let my other half out I just let her know that I'm gettin the urge to get all girly and thats it. Unless we had other plans for the weekend in mind beforehand its not a problem. Its mostly in being communicative and honest.

*hugs*

Zarabeth

Tasha McIntyre
09-18-2010, 06:57 PM
I only dress on weekdays during the day when the house in empty, as my wife never wants to see or hear anything about Tash. I never have to say anything, she'll just give me that look and say "You're going to go out aren't you?"

Amanda22
09-21-2010, 06:00 PM
I'm very fortunate that my wife encourages my dressing and asks me "why?" when I don't dress.

JC
09-21-2010, 07:55 PM
my wife just says "why don't you go get comfortable?"

JamieG
09-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Although my wife supports me, she doesn't like to see me dressed. I usually dress when she and the kids aren't around, which lately has been about once a month, or when I got out to a TG support group (and dress on the premises). When I've got something coming up, I'll usually say, "I've got my meeting Saturday night" and she knows what I'm talking about. Sometimes when she returns home from an outing she'll ask me "Did you get pretty today?"

Lea
09-23-2010, 11:20 AM
If we are alone I just ask her if it is ok that I dress. Unless she had made plans for us to go somewhere she always agree. If we are on the phone we just say “why don’t we have a friend over”.

She has also told me to dress and on the phone will tell me to have a friend come over.

Jessica S
09-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Like Janet P and JC I usually say "I am going to get comfortable."

Ryank
09-23-2010, 06:50 PM
I just ask if she minds if I put on something comfortable! I can then tell by the look on her face if it's a good idea or not :)

Melissa in hose
09-24-2010, 03:28 AM
I just tell my wife that Melissa will be coming over tonight and she agrees.

PortiaHoney
09-24-2010, 04:00 AM
I just used to let her know it was time for a "girly" day and she would decide if she was ok with hanging around and having some fun or just giving me some "me" time. She always understood it was something I needed to do and afterwards would be a much better person to live with.

Now, it's just me 24/7. No permission required. But that arrangement worked for quite a few years.

Huggs