PDA

View Full Version : Being out instead of being outted

MsSamanthaErica
09-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Two weeks ago I took the supreme challenge. I put on makeup and dressed and went out to, well things weren't like they are here. I was out.

I had the blessings and companionship of two very dear friends as we went into a mall. I got a complete makeover at Sephora and that was so amazing. I felt so pretty.

Yeah a couple of losers (ahem men) laughed at me. You know what? I felt so proud to be out, so proud to be with loving friends and so proud to be able to walk tall and hold my head up. I walked right by them and they shut up. They never expected that and I gave them the 'I belong here as much as you do' in spades.

That night we went out a bunch of us. We got a couple of looks, but our waiter was awesome and even took snaps of us together. That was great.

We went to a club the next night. It was nice to get out in 'real life' but it was a crappy club. My GG friend got loaded and we took her back to the hotel (I was not unhappy with that, it was smoky, and the dude who hit on me said I had a pointy nose, to which I nearly drove a spiked heel into his you-know-what LOL)

Saturday afternoon we went out to the mall again and went to Lush and Claire's. At Lush I got some great ideas for creams, etc. and we spent some time educating the sales staff there on TG issues. The manager/lead girl was gorgeous and she understood our plight since her little brother had a form of mental retardation and she would yell at people who would laugh at him. How sad that society stoops that low, but thank goodness for people like her that stand up and do what is right.

Still it was great - then Saturday we went to a formal dinner and I even got pro photos taken. It was so nice to sip wine and chat with so many lovely sisters. I felt like we were one huge family. We are.

Coming home was sad and I was more sad that my two friends had to part ways with me and we all made it home OK. I will never forget that experience. I will never forget how proud I was to be out and about.

Look out world, Samantha is on the prowl!! :D

Kathi Lake
09-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Samantha,

Wow, what a night and such wonderful friends to share it with! Look out world, indeed! Can't wait to hear of Samantha's next night on the prowl. Growl!

:)

Kathi

Kathryn Martin
09-18-2010, 07:16 PM
I so appreciate your experience. I also had my first time out dressed a little while ago and is one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. I am so proud of you

Can't wait to hear more

Kathryn

Kelly Blaine
09-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Samantha,

What a wonderful experience you had. That all sounds so fun and exciting. Hopefully your friends go out with you again or you go by yourself since you broke the ice.

Rachel Morley
09-18-2010, 07:31 PM
That's so cool! It sounds like you have great friends, and I absolutely love your attitude. You sound very proud of who you are (and you should be) your confidence is your strongest asset when going out in public. Thanks for sharing!

MindiB
09-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Go out as you wish and anything you want, you fear nothing. Again another sister setts a standard. You rock.

Mindi

MichelleL
09-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Samantha! Wow! I'm jealous! OK, I'll get my turn one of these days.

I'm very glad you had a great time.

Jay Cee
09-19-2010, 01:05 AM
I like how you handled the losers - very well done, girl!

Nicole Erin
09-19-2010, 09:58 AM
I like how you handled the losers - very well done, girl!

Oh yeah, when you are self-confident in what you do, what can someone really say?

It does make things way easier to be "out" cause you don't have to hide and yes, there could be the occasional laugh or hateful remark but it is way less than we imagine.

Fab Karen
09-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Nothing smells as sweet as the fresh air of freedom.

JenniferLynn0370
09-19-2010, 08:19 PM
That's awesome Samantha; thank you so much for sharing!!

Hugs,
Jen