PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip Fun

Kelly Blaine
09-18-2010, 07:39 PM
I am moving back to CO from PA and have 1500 miles to travel. I thought I would make it fun and dress enfemme sometimes during the trip. I-80 and the truckers or the scenic route I-70? Will be carefull through some of the midwestern states. Any suggestions?

ArleneRaquel
09-18-2010, 07:40 PM
No suggestions hon, just stay well and have a good time arousing those truck drivers interest. :)

Kelly Blaine
09-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Will do! But safely.

AllieSF
09-18-2010, 08:01 PM
I have done Detroit to Denver trip a few times. You might as well have some fun and if you have the time do the tourist thing too. I would head into western Michigan and take the ferry across Lake Michigan to Wisconsin, though the state and through Minnesota stopping at that big World sized mall there for some shopping. From there keep going due West through Minnesota to the Black Hills and see the Badlands and Mt. Rushmore. Then head into Wyoming to Gillette turn left and head due South into Colorado. You could do the Rocky Mountain national park west of Estes Park and then head into Denver from the West. I have done all of this in parts over a couple of those trips. It was well worth it and should be fantastic en femme. Enjoy your drive and I say go for it!

L0vleyme
09-18-2010, 08:38 PM
I-70 here through Ohio is a nice drive, but scenic and boring at times... especially when you get to the flat western part of the state. But you'll drive right past me here in cbus!

Kelly Blaine
09-18-2010, 08:50 PM
I will honk!

denese013
09-19-2010, 01:35 AM
Be careful going through Ohio,the orange barrel is our new state flower.

eluuzion
09-19-2010, 03:49 AM
There is a new archaeological dig going on just past North Platte, NB. They originally thought it was Indian ruins, but discovered it was an ancient CD civilization. Just look for all of the billboards on I-80...."World's Largest Crossdresser ~ 56 Miles ahead!!!

I would do I-70 since you go through St.Louis and Kansas City...both great cities. Last year I did two back to back trips to Indiana. Fly there...drive 24' U-Haul full of antiques/artworks furniture back to Denver. Doing that 2 times with 3 weeks was enough to hold me awhile. But I did change into my CD "uniform" in KC in the back of the U-Haul...pretty cool...

Have fun...watch out for planes tracking your speed around Salina, KS...

Kelly Blaine
09-19-2010, 05:48 AM
Yes, I wa thinking about 70, I lived in St Louis and Kansas City. I could stop and see some old friends.

Wish I could fly but I won't pay $900 dollars again to transport my car.

Loni
09-19-2010, 06:16 AM
as for planes i believe she ment ticket planes, we have them here in Ca and the state police use them to make tons of cash for the state via lots of $300.usd tickets.

so please watch your speed and slow down enjoy the trip, play tourist a bit while you can. (slow down for the cone zone, and give a lane for life when there is a cone (or anything/person) on the shoulder of the hwy.

but yes do the whole drive in something cute. most truckers are just board anyhow.

have fun and be safe. have some water and food with you at all times. (cash for a flat).

Paula Siemen
09-19-2010, 09:25 AM
Love a ROAD TRIP!!!! I've done short hauls in the State of Texas, but never a multi-day drive in fem. What a gas to do. Love to drive; love to see things and place;s love to dress......mix / shake and enjoy. In the words of the Nissan commercial..."Enjoy the Ride!"

Have fun, BE SAFE, don't speed,
Paula

StacyNelson
09-19-2010, 09:30 AM
I did a similar trip in the Spring of 2010. I started in Ohio where I changed to Stacy 24/7 for a week. Had a pedi and got acrylics and never changed back.

Traveled through Kansas area and wen to Oklahoma to chace storms. To keep costs down I camped in KOA's. Did you ever put up a tent at night wearing a skirt?

I am NOT passable but I was far away from anyone that could out me. I went for broke and did everything en femme. Shopping at Wal-Mart and Targer, even stopped at Cracker Barrel. Even visited the Oklahoma City Memorial.

Most of the time I wore a tank top and skirt, breast forms and some makeup. It was hot and too much makeup wouldn't do well. No wig but had my hair in a very femme style.

Never had a problem. Got gas at a self service station (pulled up to the pump away from others though).

Got out to check a storm cell in Oklahoma. Got out of the car and it was VERY wiindy. My long skirt was really blowing around and my dangle earrings were clashing around too.

My two best moments were when i went to a Panda Express for dinner. I went inside and at the last moment decided that the order was NOT to go and I was eating here. It was very quiet there (hardly any customers) and I had NO problem. Afterward i wanted to 'freshen up' and asked one of the workers cleaning up if I could use the ladies room. She checked and it was empty so I used it, again with NO PROBLEM. AWESOME!!

One night I stopped at a small comvience store and grabbed a bag of ice. The lady behind the counter was busy with something and said "I'll be right with you mamm.'

All this time I dressed as a lady, acted as one, was treated as one and FELT like one. Even this only lasted a week it was an unbelievable time. If you have the chance to do it again then PLEASE do so. You may not have to chance to do it again. I am already planning my next storm chasing trip for next year.

Here is the warning section ... be careful and trust your instincts. Stay away from places that most women would stay away from. As far as truckers go just go to gas stations for cars. The truckers aren't there. Stay away from the good 'ol boys too.

Have fun. I did.

Stacy

Teri Jean
09-19-2010, 09:49 AM
I have done some shorter trips from Minnesota to Chi-town and back. The truckers, bus drivers and any 4 X 4 on the road loves a little thigh showing. LOL Be safe and as said before slow down.

Kelly Blaine
09-19-2010, 02:02 PM
So my 15 inch jean skirt would be appropriate?

SheriM
09-20-2010, 09:37 AM
A 11 inch mini skirt would work well. The truckers will like you.

JulieC
09-20-2010, 12:44 PM
I am moving back to CO from PA and have 1500 miles to travel. I thought I would make it fun and dress enfemme sometimes during the trip. I-80 and the truckers or the scenic route I-70? Will be carefull through some of the midwestern states. Any suggestions?

Yeah. Drop the preconception that midwestern states are full people you have to be careful about.

Instead, be careful in ANY scenario. And spend the entire trip en femme. What better opportunity? Not one person you'll see on the trip is someone you'll see again. What they think or feel about you en femme matters not. So what if they're freaked out? Let 'em be freaked out.

sallyjones
09-20-2010, 12:55 PM
just do it the people on the hiways dont really even look, and if the do they are gone in about 60 seconds. it is so much fun to travel en femme. ive done it several times. you go girl!

Kelly Blaine
09-20-2010, 06:55 PM
Sally, I plan on it.

Sheri, I bought a 11 inch denim skirt today. Also, one day in skinny jeans since I do look nice from the back.

jessica renee
09-20-2010, 07:18 PM
I agree with JulieC. Do the whole trip en femme. Who's gonna know?

eluuzion
09-20-2010, 07:25 PM
I don't know when you are starting your adventure. But keep in mind that anything can happen after mid-October in the Rockies. (Snowstorms & Blizzards...yippeee!)

If you do get caught in a snowstorm driving at night across open territory ("the moom") between Salina and Denver...here is a tip...

Turn on your bright lights...it makes it looks like an asteroid shower!

Hey, if you are going to crash, you might as well have fun doing it, right? :D

Kelly Blaine
09-20-2010, 07:31 PM
I have made the trip between Salina and Denver many times, but never hit the asteroid shower.

Could be fun!

rachellenicole
09-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Sounds like a great trip, I would love to cross the country in fem. Please be safe, trouble can find you anywhere.

I just got back from Ft. Collins, Colorado. Had a great time, where are you "Hanging Your Hat"?

Rach

Kelly Blaine
09-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Parker, last exit south of Denver.

Jennifer in CO
09-20-2010, 11:42 PM
a VERY long time ago I did a similar trip - Miami to Denver. Did the whole trip en-fem and it was wonderful. I wasn't trying to pass, but wasn't trying to be "in your face" either, just wore pretty fem clothing. I'll date the trip by saying that one outfit for one day was a rose/floral tunic with black strap-bottom leggings...

Jenn

Kelly Blaine
09-21-2010, 12:24 AM
Cute!

Hope
09-21-2010, 01:39 AM
Yeah. Drop the preconception that midwestern states are full people you have to be careful about.

I don't know, I grew up in California, I went to school in Arizona, and I have lived in Chicago, Iowa, rural Illinois, and now live in Wisconsin. I think it is wise to be wary of the mid-west. It is certainly true that trouble can find you anywhere, but isolated rural folks have a way of giving trouble a helping hand, particularly with things outside of their experience or comfort level (which is damn near everything non-tractor related). And lets be honest, the vast majority of the mid-west is rural.

By all means, be safe and have fun. Which to me means avoiding I-80 like the plague. If you want to time-travel, stop in any "True Value" hardware store in any Iowa town with a population under 5000 - it is like stepping back into 1950, with ALL that entails.

faltenrock
09-21-2010, 02:06 AM
I don't know what you look like, but I would be en femme 24h. Go to malls and shopping centers, that seems to be very save. Also restaurants, have fun.

Kelly Blaine
09-21-2010, 02:12 AM
Well, still trying to get a good photo to post.
I may be a little older but still have a better then average body.
I plan on doing some shopping. I wish I could stop somewhere and get a makeover.

JulieC
09-21-2010, 11:55 AM
I don't know, I grew up in California, I went to school in Arizona, and I have lived in Chicago, Iowa, rural Illinois, and now live in Wisconsin. I think it is wise to be wary of the mid-west. It is certainly true that trouble can find you anywhere, but isolated rural folks have a way of giving trouble a helping hand, particularly with things outside of their experience or comfort level (which is damn near everything non-tractor related). And lets be honest, the vast majority of the mid-west is rural.

Some of the most accepting towns in the country are small towns right here in the Midwest. Stereotypes have a habit of routinely being found to be untrue. There are hate filled bigots everywhere. It doesn't matter WHERE you are. If you walk into a CVS in the daytime in East Jahunga, KS (pop 6,342 on a good day) to get some foundation, you're most likely not going to have problems. If you walk into a bar in NYC known for physical violence at 1 a.m., dressed to the nines, you can expect you'll have trouble.

The preconception that the Midwest is a haven for bigots, narrow minded idiots, and their inbred kin is flat out false.

Hope
09-21-2010, 06:13 PM
The preconception that the Midwest is a haven for bigots, narrow minded idiots, and their inbred kin is flat out false.

Living in the midwest, I wish that were true, but that certainly hasn't been my experience.

But if you want to compare apples to apples, instead of a pharmacy with a dive-bar... Lets talk about walking down the street in a dress in, say Cortez CO, or Clintonville OH, or Highland Park MI, or Council Bluffs IA, or Green Oak MI, or Glenwood IA, or Cleveland OH, or Falls City NE, with walking down the street in say, Manhattan, or Seattle, or San Francisco, or Boston. You know what a guy walking down the street in a dress in Manhattan is? Wednesday. On the other hand, we all know what happens when a woman wears pants in Falls City.

Yes, crime happens everywhere, but the midwest has a disproportionately high number of people who like to hate people who are different from themselves. Which isn't to say that their aren't bigots in other parts of the country too - God knows they are everywhere - And it isn't to say that there are not some really great pockets of tolerance in the mid-west, there absolutely are. But clinging to the notion that the mid-west is some bastion of warmth, tolerance, open-mindedness, and acceptance is flat out false. That is why GLBT people leave the mid-west and move to places like Manhattan, Seattle, Boston, San Francisco... Not because we like paying high rent, but because we want to avoid the discrimination that is very real, and very widespread in the mid-west.

Kelly Blaine
09-22-2010, 01:00 PM
I am leaving the 27th of September and will keep everyone update at the end of the day with this adventure if the hotel has internet service. I think it's funny since now I am worrying about what outfit I should wear.

JulieC
09-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Living in the midwest, I wish that were true, but that certainly hasn't been my experience.

But if you want to compare apples to apples, instead of a pharmacy with a dive-bar... Lets talk about walking down the street in a dress in, say Cortez CO, or Clintonville OH, or Highland Park MI, or Council Bluffs IA, or Green Oak MI, or Glenwood IA, or Cleveland OH, or Falls City NE, with walking down the street in say, Manhattan, or Seattle, or San Francisco, or Boston. You know what a guy walking down the street in a dress in Manhattan is? Wednesday. On the other hand, we all know what happens when a woman wears pants in Falls City.

Yes, crime happens everywhere, but the midwest has a disproportionately high number of people who like to hate people who are different from themselves. Which isn't to say that their aren't bigots in other parts of the country too - God knows they are everywhere - And it isn't to say that there are not some really great pockets of tolerance in the mid-west, there absolutely are. But clinging to the notion that the mid-west is some bastion of warmth, tolerance, open-mindedness, and acceptance is flat out false. That is why GLBT people leave the mid-west and move to places like Manhattan, Seattle, Boston, San Francisco... Not because we like paying high rent, but because we want to avoid the discrimination that is very real, and very widespread in the mid-west.

Stereotypes are very rarely accurate.

There's a *perception* that the Midwest has more biggots. Prove it. Not just anecdotal evidence. Prove it.

Look, I live in the Midwest. I've spent considerable amounts of time in towns in the Midwest. I didn't grow up here; I'm a transplant from the east coast. I've spent considerable time in New York City, Chicago, Toronto, Seattle and a smattering of other cities. I'm not shooting from the hip here and just saying "you're wrong".

Hatred begins when one person conveys to another a preconception. That's what you're doing in your portrayal of the Midwest as a bastion of bigotry and a place where a crossdresser needs to be extra special careful, lest they're attacked and mauled. Hatred begins to end when that preconception is challenged.

We on this board would love acceptance from others in the world. Yet, we sit here in judgment of those whom we've never met, those whom we're affixing a stereotype to?

No, I won't do that. I want acceptance from people. I'm sure as hell not going to go around espousing unkind thoughts against anybody whom I've never met.

There's unsafe places everywhere. There's safe places too. Using your good sense and evaluative skills will serve you a LOT better than believing NYC, San Francisco, Seattle and other 'accepting' places are safe havens.

alexathemetermaid
09-23-2010, 12:34 AM
I have lived in the midwest (missouri), the rockies (colorado), and the west coast (seattle). I felt the most comfortable driving around in seattle. Colorado was fun too because where I lived there wasn't a lot of people on the roads. I wouldn't dare in Missouri. Anywhere in Missouri.

Kelly Blaine
09-23-2010, 12:38 AM
Since there were some very high profile cases with transgender in Colorado it is safer then most. They have laws. I agree on MO since I live in ST Louis for 10 years.

eluuzion
09-23-2010, 05:04 AM
Since there were some very high profile cases with transgender in Colorado it is safer then most. They have laws.

Yes we do...one of them being...as Clint Eastwood would say...."Go ahead...Make My Day" hehehe

Hey, I have been in every state in the USA and a few out of country dimensions...I think "gettin into trouble" is always a personal choice, regardless of your environment. It is always possible to avoid it or attract it. I have always opted for the "invisible" mode. We all live in a fishbowl these days. Human behavior, when focused on "shooting fish in a barrel", typically involves aiming at the biggest fish. Nobody cops, thugs etc become heroes by catching a minnow....they all want to land a whale for the ego rewards. So, I am always the smallest goldfish in the bowl...lol. Nobody has flushed me down a toilet so far...lol

But, that is just me.

AKAMichelle
09-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Have fun on your trip and I hope to meet you after you land.

Loni
09-23-2010, 06:27 PM
stereo types are not just for how one dresses or acts, i was in a very small town in kentucky some time back had on the wrong hat.
to me it was just a ball cap with what looked like a angry bore hog. to the locales it was the mascot of another states basketball team.. they were playing latter that week. even on the plane out of there they had the game on the cabin speakers. this was a number of years back.
all i got were a lot of stares and bad looks. no problem.
but in san francisco i would have been beaten up. (gang symbols).

just have fun be your self be prepared for traffic or a breakdown, and be safe.

Kelly Blaine
09-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Loni, thanks.

Yes, I will have drab clothes hand just incase I have a break down or a situation arises.