PDA

View Full Version : To Those Not Out Of The Closet Yet.....

Clare
09-03-2005, 04:40 AM
... would you go out in public if part of a group with other XDR's?

Say you got a group together and went out to a restaurant or cinema or nightclub, would you do it if it was your first time out in public enfemme?

I working on the theory that a group situation inspires confidence and security. It may be that the group as whole does not pass, but individually, you're not so 'exposed' so to speak. You can blend in with the group and still achieve acceptance as a crossdresser in a public environment.

Although i've had a few discrete excursions enfemme at night and only been out in daylight once, i've never been out to public places like a shopping mall for instance.

So what do you say gurls, why not make contact with CD'ers in your region and arrange a get together sometime - it may be just what you need to take that first (high heeled) step into the big wide world.

Christine.

darcyann
09-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Hello

For me anyway I have never been out in public, so going out in a group would probably make me feel more at ease than going out alone.

Love

Darcy Ann

Kimberly
09-04-2005, 09:39 AM
Yes yes yes!! :)

I would... also contemplating going out in my home city to a gay bar, in drag, with a couple of mates who know about me. Once I get my wardrobe and make-up sorted!!

Toyah
09-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Still not so sure about it:mad:

cosmolovesph
09-04-2005, 10:15 AM
yes i would, i have gone out a couple times, but i would have some aprehension about the group (simply the unknown and getting to know others)

Lauren_T
09-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Sure, that might be the very thing to get some o' the gels to step out. It's a cliché, but there is safety in numbers!

I'd be out n' about allatime if there were others to go with!

Lana
09-04-2005, 10:47 AM
In the words of Bueford Tannon (spelled wrong I'm sure) From Back to the Future III I'm a gutless yellow turd when it comes to actually going out. Even way waaay waaaaaaaaaay back when I was able to dress up all sorts of purty like I'd just sit in my room, which is basically just a big closet, and watch the tube. I've never had any CD friends, well any friends for that matter. I'm sure they're out there but I'm not barve enough to go in search of them, toooooooooo risky don't ya know. Now if I had friends that were like me yeah I'd venture out with them as a group because there is security in numbers, or at least the illusion of such. If anyone made a rude or hurtfull comment we could all band together and whack em with our purses. Okay I gotta go see if I can find some "XDR'S" PDQ so I'll say TTFN.

Kiss Kiss and Ba Bye Bye, Lana :cool:

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Christine, your theory is correct. My first public outing was with a group and it's a good security blanket (although I did have to go solo from the parking lot to the restaurant where we were meeting).

As a group, it's very unlikely that you'll collectively pass. OTOH, you can always tell yourself that you pass and that they're really staring at someone else. ;) And it's good because you realize getting read isn't the end of the world. Plus, there's physical security in numbers. If there's a number of you, it's unlikely someone's going to hassle the group.

So get out there ladies and do it.

Lauren_T
09-04-2005, 11:54 AM
So get out there ladies and do it.That oughtta be chiseled in granite over the entrance to this place! :D

Jodi
09-04-2005, 06:59 PM
I would highly recommend the first outting to be with a group of cd's. My first true outing was in 2000 (other than Halloween) with the Erie Sisters. They did their best to put me at ease. When we went to the club after the meeting, I had a group to sit with and some others to ask about protocol for the evening.

BTW, on that evening, I walked back to the hotel by myself after the bar. It was right across the street, a busy four lane main street. Just as I got across the street, some macho guy stops his car and tries to pick me up. Just what I needed. Fortunately, when I told him "no", he drove off.

Jodi

Billie1
09-05-2005, 08:25 AM
:thumbsup:

For sure!

That is exactly how I got used to going out in public. As has been put in many ways, we are all works in progress. The first step is the most difficult. Sometimes, all we need is just that little bit of positive reinforcement to give us that extra push needed. The fact that you asked the question means that this is something that you really want to do.

Finding other sisters isn't all that difficult, in the day and age of the internet. You may have to travel a bit at first, but is a big help, in the sense that a few e-mail intros, and such will make you feel more comfortable about the protocol. Also, if you have to go a few miles from your hometown, (and possibly to a bigger city) and the whole thing turns out to be a shambles (highly un-likely) hey, you're outta there, never to be seen again. Chances are, no harm, no foul.

Sisterhood is a beautiful thing! :)

"I get by with a little help from my friends"

Ta-Ta,
Billie :love: