PDA

View Full Version : fairy

sabrinaedwards
09-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Hi all, I love being a fairy. That word sounds derogatory but the conotation associated wth being a fairy is so pleasing to me. I am a girly girl, I love all of those firly things! While dressd as a male, I feel very masculine, but when I'm dressed as Sabrina I feel so much more at ease. Do you all feel this dicotomy? I am married and have children, yet I long to be a permanent fairy! I have a fantasy of donating all of my male clothing, and living as a female. I feel trapped in aworld from which I cannot escape.

ArleneRaquel
09-18-2010, 09:53 PM
:thumbsdn:I dislike that term immensely. :2c:

Ann Thomas
09-18-2010, 10:34 PM
In many ways I feel the same, but haven't got a fantasy of being a fairy. I'm a bit more practical in some ways, yet very ethereal and spiritual in others, so not only do I have a blend of male and female to deal with, but a blend of earthiness and spirituality as well.

I love being all types of women, or hoping I could be that way, be it cowgirl, soccer mom, businesswoman, or something else. I would love to be 100% female all the time, but like you, trapped in an in between place where I cannot have the best of my dreams for many reasons.

I kind of feel like my cat must when I turn on the laser and he chases it all over the house, but can never catch it.

Hugs,
Ann

Megan70
09-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Forgive the assumption here but you sound like you are 'trapped ' in a huge pink cloud that has not blown away yet. When it does you might not like your dichotomy anaolgy here but feel disgusted, ashamed, another emotion that we've all been through that is also fleeting. So for now, and not a month from now... enjoy being your fairy.

Stephenie S
09-18-2010, 11:20 PM
Yeah, I dislike it too.

S

Bethany_Anne_Fae
09-19-2010, 01:48 AM
I too dislike the O/P use of the term, BUT I love it when it refers to my type of dressing up ;)
Of course I'm a tad biased lol

*hugs*

Zarabeth

eluuzion
09-19-2010, 02:57 AM
Sabrina...hey...Sabrina, WAKE UP!....you are going to be late for work!! lol

Well I wanna be alot of things when I grow up, if I ever do. But I can't say being a fairy is on the list. If you do become one though, could you ask the tooth fairy why she collects teeth? and, as a follow-up question...what she actually does with them? Thanks in advance...lol

I wish there was a female voice fairy. Now that would be kewl....but I bet I would have to leave more than a quarter under my pillow...

ok, jus' dream'in...lol

Kate Simmons
09-19-2010, 03:23 AM
Hoo boy, this is one of those "don't go there" subjects. A few years ago when I suggested some were pansies or fruitcakes because of their actions, I practically had my head handed to me. It's a conundrum really. We are men who want to look and act like women but don't want to hear any of the negative connotations by those who observe us. We can't accept the terms as they cast us into a bad light as men but we really want to be seen as women, or do we? See what I mean, confusing.:straightface:

jenni_xx
09-19-2010, 08:01 AM
I can see where you are coming from Denise, but then I think many of us are opposed to such terms because of their negative connotational (is that a word???) use more generally. If being called a fairy wasn't used so disparagingly and so often by other people, then I doubt that many wouldn't feel offended (for want of a better word) whenever it is uttered towards (or even by) us.

Having said that, just as it's offensive to call a black person the N word, we often hear about how members of the black community are taking that word and subverting it's negative connotation by using it themselves in a not-so-derogatory sense. I suppose the same could happen here - words such as fairy could be (almost) "reclaimed" (not sure if that's the right word either) if we wanted them to be.

It is after all a word that at it's very core is describing something predominantly feminine in nature. In that respect, I quite like being depicted that way - there is something predominantly feminine about me. And I for one feel quite proud and indeed priviledged about that.

Angie G
09-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Life is what it is Sabrina. If you can go 24/7 go for it. If you really can't get over it and take what you can get and be happy with it. You made a choice of getting married and having kids.So as they say you made your bed now sleep in it.I would love to dress all the time I just can't I love family and would not hurt them for anything. If you feelings are so strong of wanting to be a Fairy then do something about it. Or just take those lemons and make lemonade. Or maybe you just need a big:hugs:
Angie

Gina X
09-19-2010, 09:31 AM
When I was a kid playing dressing up I always wanted to be the fairy and now 60 years later I still want to be the fairy the word conjures up visions of being able to fly and make magic spells with a wand, not the derogatory image that is popular amongst the chavs and rednecks of this world. Ignore them and if you want to be a fairy look on it as another branch of being femme...................

Love GinaX

Teri Jean
09-19-2010, 09:45 AM
I have to say the term does leave an unwanted feeling at times and Zarabeth maybe bias but then use the term woodland nymph or pixie. The other point to make is a true faery is much different than a fairy. LOL Personally I would love to be petite enough to be the woodland faery,nymph or pixie.

Alice Torn
09-19-2010, 11:16 AM
I remember , when i was a little kid, seein old Danny Kaye movies, and musicals. We used to call Danny Kaye, a "fairy"! And Liberace, we called him a fairy, too. Now, i am sure some would call all of us fairies! But, i perfer that, to "deviant', and "pervert".

LilSissyStevie
09-19-2010, 11:22 AM
I know what you mean. I'm a fairy, too.

Proteus
09-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Actually the preferred term is "Mythological-American".

I'd rather be a Nereid, though.

Jodygurl
09-19-2010, 05:35 PM
I for one bridle at the term fairy because I know what it implies to the outsides world. It's the thought in the question "are you gay?" by someone who's never realized that some of us desperately want to be female and others derive great joy at becoming, even for a while, female. Our brains don't seem to have the limits of most men and revel in a mind that appreciates the feminine mystique living in us.

Since I'm not attracted to men and I don't dress to attract men to me, fairy is difficult to hear.

But, to each his own I guess.

Pythos
09-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Fairy was the term my parents threw at me the first time I was found wearing a slip, along with Fruit Loop. When my mom wants to insult the pants I am wearing she refers to them as "fairy pants'

Along with that nice past, I don't like those terms due to my British backround where the term Fairy is an insulting term to gay men. It is often accompanied by brutality.

Now, Faeries, are actually really cool mythical creatures, that can really mess with someone's mind (tinker bell is in many ways a retarded Faery). Unfortunately the words sound exactly alike when spoken by most people. (hint, Faery, is pronounced Fae-ree) I wouldn't mind a costume of a dark faery)

But the derogatory use of the word fairy is equivalent to the term Sissy, as far as I am concerned.

Cheryl T
09-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Being Tinker Bell for Halloween would be cute, but otherwise I would totally hate being called a fairy!!

Frédérique
09-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Hi all, I love being a fairy.

I love the term, and I don’t find it the least bit derogatory. I am a friend to all fairies…:battingeyelashes:

I dislike that term immensely.

Which is precisely why I LOVE the term. Masculinity takes a tumble, and aggression, passive or otherwise, ceases to exist. How can manly men embrace the fairy without feeling…queer? Come on – it’s good for ya! Drop the façade and meet me deep in the woods – I’ll sprinkle you with fairy dust and all will be revealed. Welcome to fairyland, darling. Honestly, what are you afraid of? It’s just a word. Being MtF crossdressers, we are saddled with the connotation “fairy” by association. If it makes you uncomfortable, you can always disassociate yourself from the (pleasurable) proceedings and find something drab to do. I am the fairy princess, I have magical powers, and I can do anything – give “us” a kiss…
:kiss:

LilSissyStevie
09-19-2010, 10:17 PM
But the derogatory use of the word fairy is equivalent to the term Sissy, as far as I am concerned.

It's not derogatory when you are a fairy. It's only derogatory to sissyphobes. The same as when homophobes go apoplectic when someone accuses them of being gay.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
09-19-2010, 10:38 PM
Now, Faeries, are actually really cool mythical creatures, that can really mess with someone's mind (tinker bell is in many ways a retarded Faery). Unfortunately the words sound exactly alike when spoken by most people. (hint, Faery, is pronounced Fae-ree) I wouldn't mind a costume of a dark faery) .

and you would be an AWESOME dark faery to be sure! The world needs more of us ini it ;)

Zarabeth

RachelPortugal
09-20-2010, 03:11 AM
Fairy was the term my parents threw at me the first time I was found wearing a slip, along with Fruit Loop. When my mom wants to insult the pants I am wearing she refers to them as "fairy pants'

Along with that nice past, I don't like those terms due to my British backround where the term Fairy is an insulting term to gay men. It is often accompanied by brutality.

Now, Faeries, are actually really cool mythical creatures, that can really mess with someone's mind (tinker bell is in many ways a retarded Faery). Unfortunately the words sound exactly alike when spoken by most people. (hint, Faery, is pronounced Fae-ree) I wouldn't mind a costume of a dark faery)

My various 1970's printed dictionaries did not mention faery, had to look on-line to find that it may date back to the 1380's, probably the old french spelling, but could find no references to the time origin of fairy.

You may choose to use different spellings of the word to distinguish different contexts, but faery means fairy, although I only found any homosexual connotations in definitions of fairy rather than faery pronounced [fey-uh-ree, fair-ee] Also, fa·ër·y. And fa·er·ie also fa·er·y pronounced(f-r, fâr).

But then again we are talking labels again, who wants or needs labels. (Designer or otherwise)

Pythos
09-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Lil sissie

Gotta ask.

How do you like to be called something you are not? What do you normally do?

In my case I usually correct the person nicely. For instance if someone says I am French I say "Well actually I am French, English, German, Scottish, Irish, and portugues, but I prefer to be known as American, better yet, a human being" (My look at alllll those titles)

Now when my parents called me a fairy it was not done in a NICE manner. It was done in an insulting violent manner. When I have seen someone be refered to as a sissy or fairy, the people using that term are normally being VERY derogatory to a person that they perceive as weaker than them.

Nomad Rachael: You are correct about the term Faery, it is indeed the old world spelling of it. Other terms for these creatures are Nymph, Pixie, Elf (thought this is a term that has gone through a major change thanks in part to Tolkien). As far as finding Faery in the Dictionary, look up the Term Balrog, or Gandalf, Orc, and so on. Chances are you will not find a definition seeing as they are terms from a fantasy world (I will have to verify that). Fae, is the collective name of Faeries. :)

I am sure you have heard of the term faery ring? It is the term given to an area of the forest where a tree trunk has eroded to the point of not being visible above ground...but the mushrooms breaking down the bark and wood form a ring. The myth was that if you stepped in it you would fall asleep and be taken away by the faeries to their world.

Right, gone totally off topic.

Jolly good luck.

Jorja
09-20-2010, 11:15 AM
Well for my money just call me BITCH! :D

Tima
09-21-2010, 08:14 AM
It’s a joy to be a fairy, or identify with fairies. Could one be anymore harmless to other people? Why is this seen as a bad thing, to be cured like a disease, or eliminated like an enemy to some ideal of existence? I don’t get it. Everything needs its opposite, so a fairy just springs into being against the ugliness of reality. I’m happy to be a sissy and a fairy. I wouldn’t hurt a fly. Why not hug me and feel the truth about love?
:hugs:

Nick2Nikki
09-21-2010, 09:19 AM
Well I wanna be alot of things when I grow up, if I ever do. But I can't say being a fairy is on the list. If you do become one though, could you ask the tooth fairy why she collects teeth? and, as a follow-up question...what she actually does with them? Thanks in advance...lol

Step 1: Collect teeth.
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit!

I would hate to be called a fairy, because most likely the person calling me a fairy is doing so in a derogatory way. After all, if someone calls me a fag, I'd assume that they mean the derogatory way of calling me gay, not that they mean to call me a cigarette holder. As such, I'd simply correct that person, and then walk away.

Gerrijerry
09-21-2010, 09:32 AM
There was a time where I would have been upset by someone calling me a fairy. But that was when I was a teen and didn't want anyone to know that I was feminine inside. Today I watch peter pan and tinkerbell. Oh yes I believe in faries I do I do I do. see that her little fairy light is bright again. So is mine. call me what you want but I am happy to be who I am and have accepted.