PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre and intriguing fact

Lacing Hills
09-19-2010, 07:14 AM
I just noticed something that left me intrigued; while I was dressed I had to write down my grossery list and much to my surprise my handwriting changed quite a lot into a more feminine caligraphy.

Has anyone else ever noticed this or is it just me?

BRANDYJ
09-19-2010, 07:27 AM
Hi Lacing, Yes, I have experienced the same thing. But not only while dressed. I sometimes think my handwriting is more feminine looking then other men's writing. I have often wondered and worried me (especially at work) if it kind of outs me to those that see my hand writing since I tend to write very neatly, legible, and as you say.... a more feminine calligraphy.

Freddy12
09-19-2010, 07:49 AM
I have not noticed my handwriting changing, but my actions, and how I relate to others changes when I'm enfemme. It's a bit amazing.

Chari
09-19-2010, 07:58 AM
Absolutely! My handwriting has become more feminine in that a new bank teller recently asked me to resign a check -"just to verify". With my smooth flowing script, I'm guessing I could never be a Physician that scribbles out a perscription! LOL

kymmieLorain
09-19-2010, 08:49 AM
MMMMM, Maybe I should try and dress more often. My handwriting is more between shorthand and aribic. LOL

Kymmie

sandra-leigh
09-19-2010, 09:29 AM
These days the only time I write anything while dressed up is signing cheques to my gender therapist. Unfortunately it's still as illegible as ever... more so, maybe.

Rachaelgirl39
09-19-2010, 09:38 AM
I have always written like a girl whether I was dressed or not. When I was younger and in high school my teachers would always comment about how I had such nice handwriting. And I have had comment from other people like co-workers who have said I write like a girl, if they only knew how (write)..lol they were.

Nicole Erin
09-19-2010, 09:50 AM
There might be some truth to this - I noticed when I dress up like a hillbilly, I completely lose the ability to read OR write.

Stephenie S
09-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Yeah, that happened to me too. I went out to a Chinese restaurant last night and noticed that I completely lost the ability to communicate in English. I found, however, that I could suddenly speak fluent Cantonese.

S

carolinoakland
09-19-2010, 10:21 AM
yep, happened to me too...

sandra-leigh
09-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Yeah, that happened to me too. I went out to a Chinese restaurant last night and noticed that I completely lost the ability to communicate in English. I found, however, that I could suddenly speak fluent Cantonese.

Must have been a nuisance in a Mandarin restaurant... :D

Bethany38
09-19-2010, 10:58 AM
I do not think mine changes with how I dress. However, I have been told ever since high school that I have a girls hand writting. The critics say it is much too legible for a man. :eek:

kayegirl
09-19-2010, 12:38 PM
My wife was a teacher, primary school kids, and girls handwriting is generally much neater than boys. Never been told that I write like a girl, but I have always been complimented on my handwriting, from school, uni and at work. I still use a fountain pen, you know real wet ink, whenever I am writing anything other than cheques

PretzelGirl
09-19-2010, 01:08 PM
My handwriting stinks horribly no matter what I am wearing. You could probably put me in a straightjacket and it wouldn't change a bit.

Loni
09-19-2010, 01:22 PM
i have the same problem as sue, but much worse. now that i have arthritis. if ones hand writing determined your job i should be a brain surgeon and a superior math genius.

but i am not. and i love the program spell check.

Loni

Tara1967
09-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Yes I agree that my handwriting does change tremendously when In fem mode. I notices it while filling out some slips at the SCC last week.

sandra-leigh
09-19-2010, 01:45 PM
My handwriting stinks horribly no matter what I am wearing. You could probably put me in a straightjacket and it wouldn't change a bit.

I did find one thing that changes my handwriting: wearing a cast on my right hand, and thus being forced to write with my left hand. My left-handed writing was of course somewhat messy at the start, but before the end of the 6 weeks, it was neater than normal writing.

(Unfortunately my fine coordination is messed up; the more I try to control fine movements, the more messy I get.)

ArleneRaquel
09-19-2010, 02:02 PM
My hand writing is rotten if I'm enfemme or in drab. :o

Cheryl T
09-19-2010, 05:55 PM
I have the opposite problem...if you call it a problem. Most people think I have very feminine handwriting as a man...mmm...

Diane Smith
09-19-2010, 10:35 PM
My hand writing is rotten if I'm enfemme or in drab. :o

What she said. :-)

- Diane

Inna
09-19-2010, 11:20 PM
I am still trying to envision feminine versus masculine hand writing. I thought hand writing was just scribbles on paper. Might we be pushing this feminine thing bit too far. Now, sitting down on a toilet while peeing that's something to talk about!

Josey
09-19-2010, 11:28 PM
I agree with Alexia's remarks!

suchacutie
09-20-2010, 12:04 AM
I am right handed as a male, and mostly left handed as Tina.

Tina finds it a bit of a challenge still to write left handed, but as a male I can't even begin to write left handed.

tina

Pythos
09-20-2010, 12:49 AM
You know. I have noticed when I dress up like a music artist I like, all of sudden I can just shred on my guitar just like him (and he is an open CD, lol Look up Hizaki,).

Gads I wish that were true. Sadly it is not.

I don't notice any change in my writing when I am enfem. That's is kinda trippy. cool, but trippy.

Kate Simmons
09-20-2010, 03:50 AM
All I can say is that the power of suggestion is truly amazing.:)

Rachaelb64
09-20-2010, 04:23 AM
Noped, can't tell the difference, but as a left-hander my hand writing neat anyway & I can almost manage to write in a striaght line :D

Tina B.
09-20-2010, 09:28 AM
Nicole, is that what causes that? I guess when in drab I had better start dressing smarter, I can't even read my own hand writing to see if I can spell things right or not. Besides, I never really write by hand much, since I can't find an ink pen with spell check.
Tina B.