PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Kate Simmons
09-19-2010, 01:20 PM
What would you do if the Government suddenly became totalitarian and all CD and TG activities, individually or by group were outlawed? Would you do it underground? If so, how much would you be willing to risk to do it? If not, how would you get your needs satisfied? Stranger things have been known to happen, don't say it cannot.

StaceyJane
09-19-2010, 01:24 PM
I guess it would be back to the closet. I know I couldn't stop.

BRANDYJ
09-19-2010, 01:35 PM
I'd give up on this country and move to another. I am so tired of many of our freedoms being stripped away as it is. Big brother has gotten to big and now is already out of control.

Elle1946
09-19-2010, 01:36 PM
Open up the closet door!!

Asako
09-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Die on my feet instead of living on my knees. I let others live how they please but I will not be told how to dress for whatever reason by anyone. Not even the country I pay taxes to. If I couldn't get the law struck down, then I'd leave the country and never look back.

Rachel Morley
09-19-2010, 02:09 PM
I guess I'd probably mostly be doing it in the privacy of my own home, but I do think I would also be "underground" in the sense that our TG support group would still continue but it would be more secretive I suppose.

Sara74
09-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Then I think all of us girls should pitch in and buy a tropical island and set our own rules and live the way we want!

t-girlxsophie
09-19-2010, 02:19 PM
I couldnt stop,no I WOULDN'T stop certainly not for the Shower of Crooks and Charlatans of the British Government.I would have to become a member of the CDer resistance I suppose

:hugs:Sophie xx

kayegirl
09-19-2010, 03:07 PM
I couldnt stop,no I WOULDN'T stop certainly not for the Shower of Crooks and Charlatans of the British Government.I would have to become a member of the CDer resistance I suppose

OK Sophie where do I sign up, and will I really get the Queens shilling?

Kelly Blaine
09-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Then I think all of us girls should pitch in and buy a tropical island and set our own rules and live the way we want!

Where would shop? Could we have a mall on the island also?

Kiera79
09-19-2010, 03:42 PM
This is so true. Well say Brandy.

pernille d
09-19-2010, 05:14 PM
i would by an island and make a new country with a safe haven for cd/tv,s .

no seriously! a mixture of the closset and underground ,but i expect it would never happen as thee must be a lot of in the closset cd,s in govermet !!!

Alice B
09-19-2010, 05:21 PM
1st. Something like that will never happen because it violates the constitution. But in answer to your question. I would take legal action. I'm in the closet to most people, but for a violation of my rights of that magnitude I would have to stand up and take action.

Tara1967
09-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Well, I guess I would quit cd.com first, then only do it behind closed doors.With all drapes pulled and lock the doors and not answer the door, plus I would be somewhat p*****off about it but would keep it to myself.

Alice Torn
09-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Like you said, Denise, stranger things have happened. Freedom is being raken away a little at a time, over time, and nothing surprises me, what power mad people will do to stay in power.

If it happens, I guess i would do it in the closet, and very careful about going outside. I would certainly be in drab a lot more, maybe all the time. Not sure, but I know i could live without cding, but, be a little more ornery.

Sara74
09-19-2010, 05:27 PM
Where would shop? Could we have a mall on the island also?

Absolutley!! Run by GG's and TG's with ONLY women's shops!!

joandher
09-19-2010, 05:27 PM

QUOTE OK Sophie where do I sign up, and will I really get the Queens shilling? KAYEGIRL

IM with you both, im not burning my bra for nobody,

Hugs J-JAY

Kelly Blaine
09-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Absolutley!! Run by GG's and TG's with ONLY women's shops!!
Wouldn't that be wonderful. I could shop and try things on and take my time, I would be so happy.

Sophie86
09-19-2010, 05:49 PM
You mean it's legal!!?? I should try going out in public then!! :heehee:

Cheryl T
09-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Gee, as I recall I was "underground" for most of my life, so that would be nothing new. Of course I would have to initiate Plan B, form an organization for the overthrow of this oppressive government and see to it that the new leadership were not only tolerant, but of course members of the Coup.

Sara74
09-19-2010, 05:57 PM
You mean it's legal!!?? I should try going out in public then!! :heehee:

Ready when you are!! ;)

Fab Karen
09-19-2010, 06:17 PM
It would create an underground- like the speak-easy's of bygone days, and like the days when being gay was illegal ( & two people of the same gender could be arrested just for dancing together ).
Fight the man "Attica, Attica, Attica!" ( that's a movie quote )

Loni
09-19-2010, 06:33 PM
even with all the problems here in the United States of America, it would never happen..but if it did i would continue as now.
just the gems socials would be a bit harder to have.
i could see it happen in a smaller country that is already held prisoner by there government. you know with video cams all over the place to keep "the peace".
no way out with out the government saying ok. like maybe on a island.

to joandher: yes i am not burning my bras..not at $65.usd each.

renee k
09-19-2010, 08:25 PM
revolt!!!

giuseppina
09-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Not likely to happen in Canada. The constitution would have to be suspended. That, in and of itself, would be very unpopular.

Kate Lynn
09-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Resistance is not futile,any and all resistance.

ArleneRaquel
09-19-2010, 11:10 PM
I would probably dress at home.Hopefully in house two way TVs' wont be installed ala " 1984 ". I need to be Arlene as often as possible.

Lorileah
09-19-2010, 11:53 PM
By the time the government would get to that stage there would have been an erosion of many other rights either before or at the same time. If, by then, you as a citizen had not been incensed by the loss of other freedoms, then you should go back to the closet. Yes it can happen there are candidates right now who would prefer that it would happen. The people think just because it does not affect them directly they will not have to worry but at least 6 candidates right now would outlaw abortion even if the pregnancy risks the mother's life or was a result of rape or incest. Basically punishing the woman for the crime committed to her. It is not a huge leap to taking away other rights and freedoms in the name of "protecting the society". Once again I have to reference the poem written by a clergy member during WWII "They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

They say history repeats itself.

I am old and I really don't care anymore so I would be one of the first imprisoned or whatever.

Pythos
09-20-2010, 12:01 AM
Well, if that happened I too would revolt. And I would NEVER allow anyone to put me into a cattle car. I would do what I could to take down anyone trying to do that to me, clawing eyes out if the oportunity presented itself, and get shot like a dog in the street. An exotic big haired Goth dog, but a dog none-the less.

I would only hope that if such a law was made, that CDs would NOT continue to hide, but instead show their true numbers.

Because those that would hide, would do nothing for anyone.

That above quote from that clergyman is one EVERY student in schools should take to heart. Forget Shakespeare and such stuff. THAT quote should be drilled into every persons memory, cause it speaks the truth only a very few take to heart.

Chickhe
09-20-2010, 12:04 AM
It has been illegal in the past and people still did it. I don't think much would change

ArleneRaquel
09-20-2010, 12:05 AM
The clergymens' name was Martin Niemoller, a German Protestant leader during the Hitler regime.

eluuzion
09-20-2010, 02:23 AM
**Warning, Logorrhea Zone!**
“Social Engineering”… “News at 10”

Ever ask yourself where that 9:00 news on television comes from? Specifically, who decides what is “news” and what is not?

Ever notice how “news topics” are “cyclical” …

For awhile, it’s all about exposing CEOs “creative manipulation” of P&L figures and other nefarious tricks.
They are all burning midnight oil shredding company financials hoping they are not the next one to be exposed on national television. Heads are rolling; justice is knocking on the door of what seems like an endless number of corporate con men. Then, just when it seems to gain momentum…it all but vanishes from the news media…

Then it is hero story after hero story of malfeasants caught by the new miracle weapon…video surveillance cams. Every night there is a new “report”, showing the video from some CCTV cam that “saved the day”. Funny how those “weather cams” popping up at every intersection suddenly start being called “traffic cams” right after those news stories. Kind of hard to sell the traffic “monitoring” concept when cams are pointed at license plate viewing setting…eh? Just when the saturation level stirs even the most naïve’ citizens to question privacy violation…poof, the coverage disappears.

Then it is “Identity Theft” stories on every channel. Nobody is “safe”. First it is the horror stories of those that were victims and the havoc it reeked on their lives. Then came the miracle stories of the people “spared” from this nightmare by the wizardry of “data protection” technology. “Just “register” (give us all of your personal data) and you too, can be “safe”.

Wait a minute…what happened to those corporate crooks we were exposing?
“Hey! Quit asking stupid questions about the past and pay attention to what you are supposed to!”…lol

Yea, and what ever happened to searching for that guy that blew up the Twin Towers? We can see through walls, produce live video footage of a human being from a satellite in outer space, but we can’t find what’s his name…sorry, it is been so long since the new mentioned him, I forgot his name…oh yea, Bin Hiding (for years)…or sometin’ like dat’…
“Hey, there ya’ go again, asking questions…quit “thinking” and just pay attention! The “news” will tell you what to worry about.” Lol

Then it is the wonders of the personal tracking device…er, ah…I mean “PDA”. Everything they…er, ah…I mean you… need, to account for and manage every facet of your life. Why someday, it just might be mandatory to carry one…(count on it).

Ok, now for the most dangerous threat to the survival of personal privacy I have ever heard…all summed up in one simple and scary “question”…

“If you are not doing anything wrong, why should you be worried about it?” :brolleyes:

If you truly believe that propaganda, it is already too late for you. You have already abandoned the concept of “thinking for yourself”.

Ok, ok, I apologize for the “digression” which was actually not.

What would I do? The same thing I have done for years. I make my own judgements based on what I observe. I plan accordingly, and always “in advance”. Having a spare parachute is a great backup plan when your main chute fails during a free-fall. It is only effective if you plan for the worst case scenarios in advance; not when you wait until your chute fails.

Whatever “the gov’t” chooses to monitor, restrict or make illegal will have little effect on my lifestyle. If you plan in advance, you live free in the future. I have paid cash for everything for over 10 years, as well as other safeguards that are in place and added as required. :thumbsup:

It is just like having a bad dream. When the “boogey men” get too close…I just open my eyes and in the dream…I “disappear”.

I am always ready to do the same in real life…:)

Now, where do I return this soap-box?….lol

E

sandra-leigh
09-20-2010, 03:34 AM
Oddly, conspiracy to commit a minor offense (e.g., jay walking) is a major crime in both Canada and USA. Are you people sure that you want to be stating publicly that you would be willing to commit an offense, or that you would organize with others to do so?

Speaking of offenses, I am disappointed that the proposed TG safe haven would not have any stores for our brothers.

Kate Simmons
09-20-2010, 03:46 AM
The biggest problem I see with going to a special "island" or one location is that we could all be wiped out in one fell swoop such as a bomb or black ops attack. In our haste to demand our rights we make it easy for them. Nope, only way to really be effective is to go underground with guerilla operations to prove dictatorship is doomed. What better way to do that than become a hidden nation of "danger girls" striking from the shadows? THEN is when a special symbol would really have meaning.:)

Rachaelb64
09-20-2010, 04:13 AM

Sign me up as well!

First plan of attack, lets get some nice photos of those politicians who like to wear a dress in private :D

Emily_3
09-20-2010, 04:30 AM
Sign me up as well!

First plan of attack, lets get some nice photos of those politicians who like to wear a dress in private :D

I'm sure the IT savvy of the TG community could do that, sounds like a good plan :D

we need as many subnets as possible, CDer's of the world unite

:)

Kate Simmons
09-20-2010, 05:46 AM
I've noticed that many on here say they get moody, grumpy or depressed when thay cannot dress for whatever reason. I wanted to see what some would say when faced with the possibility of a real challenge and to see how much it really means to them.:)

KarenCDFL
09-20-2010, 08:57 AM
In August 1955, Writer Charles Beaumont wrote a story call "The Crooked Man" where in essence, this is just just happened except the norm was a gay or lesbian relationship and heterosexual relationships were outlawed.

And the Federal Government would "FIX" the "people who swung the wrong way" which in this case heterosexually was wrong

An excellent concept from a story from over 55 years ago.

Science Fiction Writers always seem to way ahead on the acceptance of different lifestyles.

P.S It is pronounced "SKIFF-EEE" not "SYFY"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Beaumont

Tina B.
09-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Well being in the closet, being married, and being able to shop on line, my life wouldn't change all that much. And if you will all think back, not that many years ago, it was not just illegal to wear a disguise in public, (yes it was considered a disguise) it was also considered a mental illness, a little electric shock treatment anyone? Changing the Constitution is not all that hard, in America we call them amendments, and we have a lot of them. Anytime you are in the minority, it seems your rights depend heavily on what the majority say they are. I have dressed since the early 50's and I don't see me learning to give it up now legal or not.
Tina B.

JulieC
09-20-2010, 12:33 PM
We live in a different day and age than when crossdressing was illegal in the United States. Now, it would be a relatively easily won case of first amendment rights; freedom of expression. So, I seriously doubt that could ever happen here unless the government was overthrown. But, given the precept that it's happened, as the OP suggested...

It would depend.

I have kids at home. As such, my life is not my own to do with as I please. I have to weigh the balance of doing the right thing, doing the thing that provides the right message to my children, doing the right thing with regards to their future livelihood under our roof, and all those things with respect to my wonderful wife as well.

If it were my own life and mine alone, I'm reminded of Carl Shurz, "Our country—when right to be kept right; when wrong to be put right." and Ghandi and his salt march. I would dress en femme with my most comfortable femme walking shoes, and begin a hike to Washington. If I were to be arrested, then so bet it. The world would know my country was imprisoning someone for expressing themselves.

Alice Torn
09-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Truth be known, i am pretty ornery and depressed in whatever i wear, due to bi-polar, and depression, and very toxic family of origin, which continues to poison my life. I already know what it is to be ruled by tyrants.

Ruth
09-20-2010, 02:04 PM
To be honest, it's a scary thought, and not totally out of the question given the way things have gone in recent years. My response would be to stop going out en femme and to practise my 'habit' in the privacy of my own home. Giving up is not an option.
Sorry if it doesn't sound very courageous or politically right-on, but I assume you'd rather have the truth.

Daenna Paz
09-20-2010, 02:31 PM
What would you do if the Government suddenly became totalitarian and all CD and TG activities, individually or by group were outlawed? .

IF?!?! This is already reality in many fundamental churches ... :doh:

NV Susan
09-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Give me my panties, bras, & dresses or give me death!!!

Starling
09-20-2010, 02:45 PM
I can see us all lined up in our black patent Sam Browne belts, Kevlar forms and high-heeled combat boots.

Seriously, I agree that we must oppose attacks on the rights of other groups, if only to get practice in defending our own.

:) Lallie

EllieOPKS
09-20-2010, 03:04 PM
You see freedoms stripped every day. I don't smoke, but the ones that do are labeled as lepers. In Missouri a law was just passed that strippers in strip joints must now be clothed. They can only get within 6 feet for a lap dance and must be clothed. I haven't been in a strip joint in decades but it still angers me because it is another loss of rights. I can't park MY boat in MY driveway more than 24 hours or it's a 150 dollar fine. If you go to a tanning booth there is now a 10 dollar tax. Why? Because they can. Like it or not government is now in the health care business. When I hit the powerball (I mean how hard can it be?) I will build an exclusive resort for all of us to enjoy.

I am predicting a CD/TS tax for all of you. LOL! Would someone please help me off my soapbox LOL!

Rianna Humble
09-20-2010, 03:22 PM
What would you do if the Government suddenly became totalitarian and all CD and TG activities, individually or by group were outlawed? Would you do it underground? If so, how much would you be willing to risk to do it? If not, how would you get your needs satisfied? Stranger things have been known to happen, don't say it cannot.

If the government outlawed transgender (not impossible given the current Prime Minister's pledge to abolish Human Rights), there would be no point me going underground as I have already been featured in national sleaze magazines [sorry news (sic) papers that support this government]

I doubt that they would give me the opportunity to go underground, I would probably "be disappeared" as General Pinochet used to do to any of whom he disapproved.

MichelleL
09-20-2010, 06:09 PM
1st. Something like that will never happen because it violates the constitution. But in answer to your question. I would take legal action. I'm in the closet to most people, but for a violation of my rights of that magnitude I would have to stand up and take action.
I agree. I already told my wife that even though I am still in the closet that if someone ever tried to blackmail me with it, I would tell them to go ahead and publish. So if they try to take away my rights, I will stand up and fight!

"They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up." Exactly right, Lorileah!

"Seriously, I agree that we must oppose attacks on the rights of other groups, if only to get practice in defending our own." Thanks, LALady

An attack on anyone's rights is an attack on all of our rights and must be opposed. We must all speak up when we see the erosion of personal rights.

Kathryn Martin
09-20-2010, 06:33 PM
I disagree, the Canadian Government will adopt the new DSM 5 and if that happens we will officially be deviants. Then Harper will pack away the blue sweater and don his uniform.

More generally, we would all end up dying after the Government raked the net and found out where we all live. Believe me it's happened before and given human nature......

Sorry to rain on the parade

Kathryn

eluuzion
09-20-2010, 07:33 PM
...after the Government raked the net and found out where we all live...
Kathryn

Correction...after the Government raked the net and found out where YOU all live, lol. I happened to pay attention to those cartoons when I was a kid. I do what Casper did...get a "ghost" address...

"hide-n-seek" in the Real World...best "game" ever invented ! lol

rachellenicole
09-20-2010, 08:43 PM
I would keep doing what I'm doing and fight for my right to do that! I would rain hell upon the persons who crafted the law!!!

Just My Humble Opinion!!

Kelly Blaine
09-20-2010, 08:44 PM
Is there room in my purse for other protection? Well won't give up the lipstick and compact but would throw out the cellphonel

Kathryn Martin
09-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Eluuzion said: Correction...after the Government raked the net and found out where YOU all live, lol. I happened to pay attention to those cartoons when I was a kid. I do what Casper did...get a "ghost" address...

Please share how to do that

Kelly Greene
09-20-2010, 09:11 PM
If being me became illegal I would then be a criminal.
the best I can do to prevent this is to make sure my vote goes to those who will not try to take my rights away.

Schatten Lupus
09-20-2010, 09:13 PM
I'd move to Canada. Which I'm actually already saving up money for depending on what direction this nation takes. Or maybe Canada will just pity us Americans if Palin is elected and we'll be able to apply for refugee status.
Or I might move to Japan. I'm considering signing up for the JET program once I'm far enough into my schooling, and taking some classes while I am there. So that might be an easy way out if it happens.

michellebesweet
09-20-2010, 09:19 PM
That is an easy reply, Underground and at any Cost., but I do love Sara's idea of the Tropical Island.

Kate Lynn
09-20-2010, 09:23 PM
Well, if that happened I too would revolt. And I would NEVER allow anyone to put me into a cattle car. I would do what I could to take down anyone trying to do that to me, clawing eyes out if the oportunity presented itself, and get shot like a dog in the street. An exotic big haired Goth dog, but a dog none-the less.

I would only hope that if such a law was made, that CDs would NOT continue to hide, but instead show their true numbers.

Because those that would hide, would do nothing for anyone.

That above quote from that clergyman is one EVERY student in schools should take to heart. Forget Shakespeare and such stuff. THAT quote should be drilled into every persons memory, cause it speaks the truth only a very few take to heart.

I would be right beside you.

Starling
09-21-2010, 03:22 PM
...Believe me it's happened before and given human nature...

It has happened before, but I think we're many steps from seeing it happen again. But we do have to be conscious in this age of the "national security state."

:straightface: Lallie

Hope
09-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Any member of the GLBT community (that would be all of us by the way) who doesn't have an escape plan and an eye on the door is only placing themselves in harms way. If the likes of Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh or their legion of doom get any sort of control, this place could devolve into a full-on Rwanda in about 2 weeks. Don't expect that the police will help you, in my experience there are only 2 distinctions between a modern day police officer and an SS officer: The SS had better uniforms, and they were not as well armed.

Everything that is of great importance to me can be put in my Mini cooper and driven across the Canadian border in under 8 hours time... and don't think that the fastest route, and the most careful route, and the most covert routes aren't burned into my retinas...

Starling
09-21-2010, 04:30 PM
The Canadian girls seem pretty worried, too. What's your second choice, Hope?

Debb
09-21-2010, 08:30 PM
Vive la résistance!

Rianna Humble
09-21-2010, 11:54 PM
I've noticed that many on here say they get moody, grumpy or depressed when thay cannot dress for whatever reason. I wanted to see what some would say when faced with the possibility of a real challenge and to see how much it really means to them.:)

It means plenty to me, but since I would be in the first round-up for the concentration camps, I don't think I would have much time to get moody.

Hope
09-22-2010, 02:06 AM
The Canadian girls seem pretty worried, too. What's your second choice, Hope?

Sweden. My grandfather immigrated FROM there and I still have some shirttail relatives there who would take in my wife and I in a pinch...

erickka
09-22-2010, 06:33 AM

I'm with you on this one, Alice! Sign me up!!

sissybrenda
09-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Renee,

I agree with you!

giuseppina
09-22-2010, 10:26 PM
... Changing the Constitution is not all that hard, in America we call them amendments, and we have a lot of them ...

It's actually rather difficult to amend the Canadian Constitution. The agreement of seven of the ten provincial governments representing 50% of the population (or something to that effect) is required. After Pierre Trudeau repatriated the British North America Act and added the Charter of Rights and Freedoms in 1981, a subsequent attempt in the late 1980s to amend the Constitution failed because the required consent was not obtained in a referendum. I'm not aware of any attempts to reopen the Constitution in the twenty-odd years since, and I'm inclined to think Canadians would not allow reasonable rights of freedom of expression to be taken away. The courts have already ruled a person's manner of dress is not a reasonable limitation, as long as his or her genitals are covered. A prosecution of a university student who bared her breasts during hot weather for comfort reasons failed because the courts struck down the law under which she was charged as unconstitutional.

Christy_M
09-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Viva la revolucion...

I joined to Marine Corps to fight for this country and would not consider leaving for some unconstitutional bs imposed by TGphobic government weenies who think they know more about what is right for our citizens than the citizens themselves.

Christy_M
09-22-2010, 11:57 PM
:D
I'd move to Canada. Which I'm actually already saving up money for depending on what direction this nation takes. Or maybe Canada will just pity us Americans if Palin is elected and we'll be able to apply for refugee status.
Or I might move to Japan. I'm considering signing up for the JET program once I'm far enough into my schooling, and taking some classes while I am there. So that might be an easy way out if it happens.

There's CD in Canada? :)

t-girlxsophie
09-23-2010, 02:12 AM
I'm glad I stay in the U.K. because I'm 100% sure theres more than a few Crossdressers in our Parliament,especially amongst the upper class twits of the Conservative Party,be like Turkeys voting for Xmas:D

Rianna Humble
09-23-2010, 03:27 AM
there's more than a few Crossdressers in our Parliament, especially amongst the upper class twits of the Conservative Party, be like Turkeys voting for Xmas:Dx

Or like a gay Prisons minister voting for anti-gay amendments to the Equalities Act because his party told him to? Oh, sorry, that's what really happened :eek:

Angela Rose
09-23-2010, 04:37 AM
[QUOTE=t-girlxsophie;2272107]I'm glad I stay in the U.K. because I'm 100% sure theres more than a few Crossdressers in our Parliament,especially amongst the upper class twits of the Conservative Party,be like Turkeys voting for Xmas:D

:Why bring politics into an otherwise interesting thread. For your information there are gays and crossdressers in all political parties Cons-Labour- lib dems and Scottish nationlists. As to what I would do, well I did it openly when it was illegal with no problems and so if it became illegal again I would do the same.

eluuzion
09-23-2010, 04:39 AM
Eluuzion said: Correction...after the Government raked the net and found out where YOU all live, lol. I happened to pay attention to those cartoons when I was a kid. I do what Casper did...get a "ghost" address...

Please share how to do that

hey, a magician never reveals his secrets...:heehee:

Way too complex to try and explain in a post. I started becoming "invisible" over 15 years ago. (back when people called me "paranoid" for suggesting the streets would soon be covered with surveillance cams...go figure, eh?). I now play "hide-n-seek" in the real world. (self-employed and "in the business")

It is virtually impossible to become completely invisible these days. Even starting back when I did, things are still quite difficult. Protecting your privacy really is a "full time job" if you do it properly. I could give you examples of what is really out there, but you would not believe me. I quit trying to point out those things a few years back, as it only results in people thinking I am nuts. (They are probably right about that with me on many levels...but not this one...hehehe.)

Anyway, if you want to start...start paying cash for everything...I mean everything. It is not easy, but possible. Then buy a copy of "How to be Invisible" by J.J. Luna. It will explain "ghost addresses" and other basics.

I see you but you don't C me...hehehe:D

Ali McKenzie
09-23-2010, 05:15 AM
I certainly would retreat to the back of the closet. There is no way I could stop dressing up. Once this gets under your skin it is there for life.
Vive la difference

t-girlxsophie
09-23-2010, 09:43 AM
:Why bring politics into an otherwise interesting thread. For your information there are gays and crossdressers in all political parties Cons-Labour- lib dems and Scottish nationlists. As to what I would do, well I did it openly when it was illegal with no problems and so if it became illegal again I would do the same.[/QUOTE]

My post was just a flippant one,not meant to be taken serious,be pretty dense of me to believe CDers were only in one party,wouldn't trust any of them being alone with my wardrobe,no matter wat political persuasion LOL,To take a quote from Braveheart "scheming nest of vipers":devil:

MsRachael
09-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Well there is really no way to know to what extreme I would really go unless I was ultimately faced with the decision. But I firmly believe I would rather stand up against it than let someone (govt or anyone else) tell me what I can and can't do. (Assuming I'm not hurting anyone, other than their feelings. I could care less if those are hurt. You can't please everyone no matter what you do.) I agree with many prior posts. They take away more freedom all the time. I'd have to draw a line at some point. Moving would be an option too though.

Nicole Erin
09-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Do people actually sit around and think about this shit?

LilSissyStevie
09-23-2010, 12:35 PM
The past is prologue

If you want to know what people would REALLY do in the event that our government became totalitarian, all you have to do is look at what people have done in the past when faced with the same situation. Very few will actively resist it and they will be easily crushed. Most will enthusiastically support it. The government will eventually crumble under it's own weight. The new regime that replaces it will forgive the crimes of the old in the name of national unity. The victims will be forgotten other than to use their memory to the advantage of the new regime. Wash, rinse, repeat.

LacieAnne
09-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Ive always been a bit of a counter culturalist rebel. They could never stop me from being sexy! VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

pamwow
09-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Then I think all of us girls should pitch in and buy a tropical island and set our own rules and live the way we want! Ya, now that would be soooo much fun and we would be
so free giggles.

Pa

Inna
09-23-2010, 02:29 PM
I am with Sara, although as soon as you have 10 people three of them want this, another four will want just the opposite and the rest will want nothing to do with the previous two groups. This subject of oppression of the masses is way too familiar to me. I grew up in the eastern European country under Russian occupation, communism was the rule of the law and any deviation from main stream was just non existent. Gays, lesbians, nobody even knew the term for Transgender, were criminals!
If I would have told anyone I would jeopardize my own as well as my families survival. Communism wasn't the only culprit but simple, oppressed citizens would probably stone you cause you were the blasphemer, an ungodly evil spirit. I have no idea how I survived and coming to this country and seeing for the first time freedoms and plenty, I thought I for sure died and went to heaven. Regardless of how bad it gets, people of US will strike down wrongs eventually, as our history shows. Yes bad stuff happens but all the bad taken as a whole will never be what half of bad I have seen in my life abroad. I am proud to say I am American and Transgender, I suppose the usual is called for, an abbriev: TA........ Yes I am a TransAm :-)

Julogden
09-23-2010, 02:44 PM
even with all the problems here in the United States of America, it would never happen..but if it did i would continue as now.
just the gems socials would be a bit harder to have.
i could see it happen in a smaller country that is already held prisoner by there government. you know with video cams all over the place to keep "the peace".
no way out with out the government saying ok. like maybe on a island.

Never say never. You might be surprised at what can happen here if some people who are trying to get their way succeed.

Carol

AKAMichelle
09-23-2010, 02:53 PM
I would move to another country.

Kate Simmons
09-24-2010, 05:20 AM
Do people actually sit around and think about this shit?Not really. I just threw the question out there to see what kind of responses I would get. Many say they cannot go without CDing for long. For myself it makes no difference one way or the other, since what I do, I do by choice. Better to think about it now and resolve what to do though then wait to see if it happens.:)

Lucy_Bella
09-24-2010, 08:46 PM
Same thing I do every day ( stay in the closet ) ... Bad enough it's not socially accepted besides who cares about the Goverment?

Karen__Starr
09-25-2010, 08:27 AM
I am too far from the closet and would as much as I dislike the idea move to another country.

Starling
09-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Any question of rights is necessarily political. It's when politics end that tyranny begins. I am very wary of people who seek high office, but condemn politics. To me that means they want to enforce their agenda without compromise or "interference" from the people, regardless of what they're wearing.

:) Lallie

Bonnie D
09-25-2010, 02:42 PM
I think, socially speaking, we in North America, I am in Canada, are still moving forward and laws are continually being improved. The Gays and Lesbians have come a long way and still have a way to go but they are becoming common place. Which is excellent. The Transgender society, which includes crossdressers, are far behind the G & Ls but are moving forward regarding laws and coverage for transitional costs. There are more TG politicians than there ever were before. So where is the threat to this advancement coming from? Religious groups and Protection of the Family Unit groups, I can't think of any others at the moment. This is where the focus should be now.

Backers for anti-gay Oklahoma state Representative Sally Kern have called her transgender rival Brittany Novotny “a confused 'it,'” gay weekly the Dallas Voice reported.

http://www.ontopmag.com/article.aspx?id=6380&MediaType=1&Category=26

Voting these types of thinkers out of office or not into office is a big step to the prevention of what this topic is about. So instead of wondering what you would do if it came to that think about what should be done about it now. I am not suggesting, however, that you vote for someone because they are gay, lesbian or transgender but do vote on the issues and beware of those close minded people.

Bonnie