PDA

View Full Version : I'm Gettin' There

Jodygurl
09-19-2010, 06:05 PM
I'd first like to that the folks that put me on to MAC in a previous post. I made an appointment yesterday and agonized all morning about going. But, if you just keep pushing ahead you finally get to your destination. I like to go out semi dressed so it was a struggle to get out of the truck at the mall but I kept remembering the advise I've heard here. Just act like you belong there and go about your business. That works. Walken' tall and proud, hair looking very fem now, tight sweater and jeans (size 6...I'm so proud) and some very fem sandals. Real courage, of course, would have included a bra but.......:doh:

The folks at MAC were just great. Told Mia I needed to learn make up from the ground up and she was great at explaining how this all goes together and some great tips on how to do it right. What a lovely afternoon. :battingeyelashes:

My target "out" date is 3 Oct for a concert at the St. Louis Symphony. Gershwin's Ryhapsody in Blue is the featured piece and I love it. So, w/ a little practice I think I can be fairly convincing.

One question. I'd like earings but need to get my ears pierced. How long does it take for them to heal after the initial piercing? Assuming of course there are no problems from the begining.

Thanks again everyone. You all have been a big help.
:love:

Sara74
09-19-2010, 06:09 PM
You go girl!!!! I am so very proud of you and so glad you had a great day out!! It has been a very long time since I had my ear done, but if I remember correctly, they tell you to leave JUST the post the pierce you with in there for at least 2-3 weeks so it can heal properly. Then you should be able to go with anything from there. Post some pics of what you wear to the concert!!

sandra-leigh
09-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Love that Gershwin piece too -- and I think his Second Rhapsody is under-appreciated.

It's usually 4+ weeks before you can risk changing earrings. On the other hand, if your initial earring set is "captured bead" (hoop and ball) then you can hang dangling earrings off of those, as long as you make sure they can't fall off.

carrie-ann
09-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Congratulation isn't it a great feeling. Just think it only gets better.

tvcdalex
09-19-2010, 11:50 PM
6 week.

DonnaT
09-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Ears: Everyone being somewhat different, it could take up to 9 weeks for them to heal properly, as they did for me, but most heal up within 6 weeks.