PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance

Teri Jean
09-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Many of us who are CDers want to be accepted by our SOs and for those of us who are TS want the same acceptance from our family and friends. For me this has been a long quest of more than a year and to be patient with the process has been ,let us say, difficult. Then after a years time the daughters decided to have a conference with my therapist as to my progress. Then the doors opened and the changes were so subtle but so positive.

The other day my eldest needed help with her car and asked if I could stop by while in the cities for my therapy. I did and the moment of my grandson seeing the change in my appearence was so prescious. He said "hi grandpa, are you going to help Mom?" and the rest was so great as he helped with the tools and talked up a storm. Today they were here for lunch and to pick up the puppies after they had been camping and it was so wonderful. Now it has been such a flood of comfort that it brings tears to my eyes and makes the heart so happy.

Now the last moment while writing this thread my grandson called me to invite me to his birthday party this Tuesday evening. That short phone call was like the heavens had opened and the love flooded forward. To that I have to say to everyone, never give up hope and if love and respect is given it will return. Teri

Sara74
09-19-2010, 06:42 PM
That is so precious! I'm glad that things are working out for you. That is my biggest fear...not being accepted. I hope one day I can share a success story like yours!

Nicole Erin
09-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Our friends and family are not going to quit loving us just cause we are TG.

ArleneRaquel
09-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Teri Jean,
Thats such a lovely story, I'm in tears, of joy, after reading it.

Teri Jean
09-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Nicole I wish that was the case but being TS can and has cost friends and families just like for some who divulged the sexual identities. I know the girls, my daughters, love me but this past year has been very uncertain to say the least.

JenniferLynn0370
09-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Congratulations Teri Jean and good luck on the rest of your journey! I hope to join you on that path some day!

Hugs,
Jen

danielle42
09-19-2010, 08:43 PM
you are very to have a family that will accept you for who you are,their are alot that are not that lucky. thanks for shareing that story.

Starling
09-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Tears for me, too. Thank you for the uplifting post, Grandpa Teri. May your daughters come around soon.

:) Lallie

Christy_M
09-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Our friends and family are not going to quit loving us just cause we are TG.

They may not stop loving us but that does not always equate to acceptance.

I am so happy for you, Teri Jean. I know it would mean a lot to have my family accept me for who I am. The first step was telling my wife. Since she is still on the edge, I am not interested in upending the cart by telling anyone else right now.