PDA

View Full Version : Flying in Canada enfemme

Heelsnlegs
09-20-2010, 01:41 AM
Im not sure if I heard correctly but is Harpers redneck cabinet proposing a new law that if you dont match the appearance, or GENDER represented on your photo ID the airline cannot let you board? Tell me this is something I dreamed up, because Im trying to work up the courage to fly to Vegas!

Maryesther M.
09-20-2010, 05:25 AM
That's the case here, alright.

Ireland is an island and to get Anywhere you more-or-less have to fly. Passports , security checks &c, so best to fly 'en hombre' and pack all your frilly things for when you arrive in your hotel room, or wherever.

Gerrijerry
09-20-2010, 05:50 AM
Many of the girls fly and have had no problems that I have heard of.
I have just last week called the airlines about that issue and was told there was no problem. To make it easier you can also carry a crossdresser or TS card which would have a photo of you dressed as a woman. The CD cards have male and female photo the TS card has female photo only. If you are seeing a counselor he of she can issue a card or type you a letter saying that your clothes are appropriate for you etc.

alyssaenglefield
09-20-2010, 07:44 AM
You should be fine to fly en femme domestically - from personal experience in New Zealand, you don't usually have to show any ID when flying domestically. I've flown seven times this year (all en homme though - parents!), and have never had to show anything more than my boarding pass and the possessions of my laptop bag and pockets. Of course, this is New Zealand we are talking about - we don't fly planes into New York skyscrapers; we fly them into Antarctic volcanoes (Air New Zealand Flight 901 reference)

Gerrijerry
09-20-2010, 08:00 AM
it is true once you get your boarding pass and have passed customs. But until then you may be asked to show your drivers licence or other id at the ticket counter or at customes.

Micayla
09-20-2010, 12:18 PM
It is sad but true,you now have to match your appearance to your passport photo.All boarding agents are expected to check for age(over 18) and that the photo very closely resembles that on passport.It is recommended that you get another if you have had significant weight loss or other physical altering occurrences.Wearing facial bandages if accompanied by a doctors letter will be allowed.Women wearing the Muslim head gear will be expected to show their face to boarding inspectors.All because two women where shown boarding a Canadian plane to London without such inspection(who know who is behind veil) .This is as reported from Ottawa Citizen.:brolleyes:

Micayla

julie w
09-20-2010, 06:32 PM
I fly a lot and I can think of hundreds of things I would rather do dressed than fly femme my hat is of to you girls that do it but it would be far to stressful
for me , I have seen three tgs at airports though

Kathryn Martin
09-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Sorry, but just don't!

Chickhe
09-20-2010, 09:08 PM
Well, then there should be allowance for two images on your ID then... one when you wear a beard and one when you don't...

alyssaenglefield
09-20-2010, 11:02 PM
I wouldn't fly into Wellington (New Zealand) en femme: hills on the left, hills on the right, sea at the start of the runway, sea at the end, and significant crosswinds on the approach even on a good day that would make you want to (or actually, if you're not used to it like me) vomit or defecate yourself. Then there's the embarrassing choice of which toilet to use in the baggage claim area - male or female.