PDA

View Full Version : Going out today with glitter nailpolish on my pinky fingers.

JennyA
09-20-2010, 07:19 AM
what kind of response should i give at my cafe if one of my co-workers says "john are you wearing nailpolish?"

ill say yes obviously, but whats a nice way i can say yes, and that i am comfortable in my sexuality and they should be too. or something. you know what i mean. i don't wanna just say yes. i want to let them know that i like it and don't care about gender stereotypes.

any advice?

Gerrijerry
09-20-2010, 08:14 AM
With glitter nailpolish just on your pinky fingers. People many not even notice. If it was on every finger then yes they would notice. Some will simply think you were doing model building or painting something.
As to reply to anyone who might ask you. It depends on how the question is asked. example "is that nail polish on your finger" answer yes that is it. Let them ask anything else. " Oh my with a smile or embaressed look, is that womens nail polish on your fingers." Yes it is, do you like it I do?
If you did all your fingers that would be makeing a statement on what you want to wear. one finger I would think not, anything more then that who knows. At best most will think a bet or something like that.

Chloe Renee
09-20-2010, 08:46 AM
I don't think many people would notice and fewer still would say anything. For the last week I have been wearing bright green polish (sinful happy ending) on my hands and no one has said a thing at work. And I've got only one befitive comment at the local aarca race track.
So wear your polish with pride and enjoy being a girl.

Heather J
10-07-2010, 08:13 PM
I also wear glittery pink polish (Opal truth) on my left pinky and clear polish on the rest of my nails. I've had a couple of ladies at work complement me on my manacure and thought it was cool that I actualy took care of my nails.

Veronica 1
10-07-2010, 08:23 PM
I will normally wear a nude or light pink polish and put on a coat of Sally Hansen Urban Chic which is a very sparkly glitter. I have been doing this for the past year or so and only one person has commented in that time. Nobody notices or else they just do not care enough to comment and in the case of my shiny nails they have to be noticing.

Tasha McIntyre
10-07-2010, 09:13 PM
I have been wearing a clear but quite a glossy polish for a couple of weeks now. One female colleague (in her 40's like me) noticed and thought that it was really cool, and didn't ask any questions. No one else seemed to have noticed.

If I was asked, I'd just say in a very friendly off the cuff manner "yeah, so what?"

Nick2Nikki
10-07-2010, 10:39 PM
I wear bright nail polish all the time (red, yellow, green...) and I have gotten many comments about it. Unless you stick to "natural" finishes (clear, light pink, French Manicure), people will notice. Comments I've received are split about 50/50 between complements and people wondering why I paint my nails. So I just tell them that I like the color, and that's as far as the conversation has ever gone.