PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat Funny Experience

Heisthebride
09-20-2010, 12:13 PM
My wife and I went across the street to a nice restaurant for dinner last night. After dinner on our way out we ran into an elderly gentleman who was on his way in trying to get the valet his ticket as we were trying to go out the same door. He looked at us and said "Excuse me ladies"

Now, I have been growing my hair out for the last two years for our upcoming wedding renewal, so I can understand at first glance but it was funny. Mainly because I'm 6' 4" I had about 4 days of beard growth and I wasn't dressed like a girl.

My wife thought it was funny and in a mocking tone said "He called us ladies." and laughed. My response was "Imagine how well I'll pass if I wear a dress"

Clearly a easy mistake to make but we had fun with it.

Starling
09-20-2010, 03:39 PM
I've been called "ma'am" in drab by SAs who look at my legs first. Then they hastily correct themselves when the whole picture comes into focus. I always say, "Don't worry about it," because I love it, of course.

:) Lallie

AllieSF
09-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Good for you. That is a good recommendation for all those tall girls here that being tall does not mean you cannot go out en femme (I know that you were in drab). I wish that I could try and maintain it too.

jessica renee
09-20-2010, 07:01 PM
I get called ma'am all the time while in drab. It's funny how people apologize and hurry to correct themselves not realizing how much we like it.

juno
09-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Good for you. That is a good recommendation for all those tall girls here that being tall does not mean you cannot go out en femme (I know that you were in drab). I wish that I could try and maintain it too.

I am 6' 3". Height is generally a disadvantage, but I think it actually helps with feminine proportions if you can avoid height cues. (Ideally, have some tall GG friends!) My wife recently saw a female doctor that is 6' 4".

sissystephanie
09-20-2010, 09:37 PM
I am 5" 10" so my height is not a real problem! But since my wife passed away 5 years ago, I have been going dressed totally enfemme, but looking very much like the man that I am. What hair I have left is cut to 1/8 inch, so I look almost totally bald. But I still get ma'med a lot!! I don't mind at all!

DianeDeBris
09-21-2010, 12:07 AM
Hi Rebecca -- cute story! Glad to hear of your lovely moment of fun, even though the genteman may not have been the keenest of observers -- from your comments about height, and others' responses along the same lines, I find myself wondering whether, when we CDs obsess about our various physical "imperfections" (for me it's the size of my waist), perhaps all or most GG's similarly feel bad about whatever (rightly or wrongly, fairly or un-) they perceive as their "fatal flaws." Wouldn't the world be lovelier if everyone -- every single one of us all -- could grow beyond these feelings? At any rate, thanks for a great story! Hugs -- Diane

donnalee
09-21-2010, 02:57 AM
For me, the best one was about a year ago. I had decided to retire; I'd also decided that I was getting too old to be crawling under cars. "Cash for Clunkers" was about to end and on the very last day I decided to trade in my '91 Explorer. I'm sitting at a table in the dealership completing some of the paperwork when a boy about 8 years old offered me some popcorn (they had a machine in the showroom) I declined. and his mother said "Don't bother other people!"; he replied "But mom, I wanted to give HER some!". I had come in after work (in drab), certainly wasn't expecting THAT and could only think "Out of the mouthes of babes!" :eek::)