PDA

View Full Version : My wife's support is a dream come true

Amanda22
09-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Over the weekend, my wonderful wife made it very clear to me that she supports and encourages my dressing because it makes me happy. She told me in crystal clear terms that she wants me to dress whenever I want. She has been just unbelievable. A better example of unconditional love I can't imagine.

Saturday afternoon, we shopped for some new tops and came home with a couple of really feminine ones. One was a black blouse with ruffles down the front and at the ends of the 3/4 length sleeves. It fit perfectly! I paired it with a tiered grey skirt, black microfiber tights, 3-inch pointed-toe pumps, and necklace and bracelet. I felt very, very pretty. My wife gave me some very sweet compliments I will never forget.

As we had little food in the house, we had planned on going through the drive-thru of a favorite deli and bringing home dinner. I started to change but my wife suggested I go as I was. I couldn't believe my ears! It was dark outside, but I've never been outside the house. She drove and I sat quietly in the passenger seat. It was amazing how my feminine mannerisms kicked in as I sat like a perfect woman while she drove. The deli attendant didn't notice anything. Then she suggested we stop at the wine store. She parked right next to the front door, which is VERY well lit and had a lot of traffic on a Saturday night. I told her to take her time while I waited in the car. In my mind, I told myself I was really "her little woman" for all intents and purposes of the situation. I loved that thought! I was really in plain view to anyone coming and going but surprisingly, no one noticed.

The rest of the evening was the best date we've had in a very long time. After her love, my wife has given me the greatest gift imaginable to me: the gift of her support and active participation in my crossdressing. She says I'm the best partner when I'm dressing often, but I think I'm the lucky one to have her as my wife.

If you are thinking of coming out to your wife or girlfriend, I know it is one of the hardest things you'll ever do. I came out two years into our marriage and although there was an uncertainty about her support recently, we have continued to communicate openly and shared our emotions fully. That has led us to a point where we are both very, very happy. If anyone decides to come out of the closet, I think the key is to keep your SO's feelings a priority and to respect her boundaries. Communicate always and I think you'll gain acceptance more often than not.

NV Susan
09-20-2010, 03:11 PM
What a wonderful story Amanda.....you are so very lucky to have such a loving wife. I wish you and your wife all the best life has to offer. :hugs:

JulieC
09-20-2010, 04:16 PM
She says I'm the best partner when I'm dressing often, but I think I'm the lucky one to have her as my wife.

Definition of happy marriage; when each spouse thinks they're the one that is the lucky one to have the other.

If you are thinking of coming out to your wife or girlfriend, I know it is one of the hardest things you'll ever do.

Yes, it is. I fervently believe all of us that are not married but hope to be so someday should self-insist on coming out to a would-be wife BEFORE getting engaged.

I'm glad it worked out so well for you to come out after you were married. If you don't buy your wife :love: some flowers, you're a cad! :)

BRANDYJ
09-20-2010, 04:27 PM
I am very happy for you! There is nothing like coming here and reading experiences like this. You have just set an example for those that have not come out to their wives but are considering it. We must never forget to not only love our SO's, but to show them how very much we appreciate them in our lives. You are now among the fortunate ones that have the support and understanding of a loving wife. My sincere best wishes ot you and your wonderful wife.

Alicia_lynn419
09-20-2010, 05:04 PM
<sigh> Lucky girl!

Jodygurl
09-20-2010, 05:06 PM
What a lovely story, Amenda. I always feel so warm after hearing stories of love and commitment. I always find myself wishing that all of us could enjoy a beautiful relationship like yours.

Be good to each other.

sissystephanie
09-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Amanda, you are a very lucky girl!! Far too many married CD's get little or no support from their wives. I was also fortunate,since I got full support from my wife from day one! I told her I was a CD when I proposed, and she accepted me on the spot. We had almost 50 years of happiness together before cancer took her!

A very blessed and long marriage to you and your wonderful wife!!

ReineD
09-20-2010, 05:27 PM
How wonderful! I wish more CDs with accepting wives would post too! :hugs:

Quick question ... how was the state of your marriage, without regard to the CDing? Are the two of you close? Do you enjoy doing things together, enjoy each other's company? Do you each respect each other's POV and validate each other's feelings?

Amanda22
09-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Quick question ... how was the state of your marriage, without regard to the CDing? Are the two of you close? Do you enjoy doing things together, enjoy each other's company? Do you each respect each other's POV and validate each other's feelings?

Reine,

That's a great question and it highlights something I think you're getting at. The state of our relationship is that we support each other 100% on everything. We have complete respect for each other and were definitely best friends before marriage. We also verbalize our appreciation for the other. We're the same sort of person, the giving type, rather than "takers." So we're always thinking of the other person before ourselves.

Of course, I knew we had this relationship, but my coming out with my crossdressing was the biggest test of such a relationship.

THank you for asking!!

MiamiMarie
09-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Congrats! I am very happy for you both.

Amy Hepker
09-20-2010, 06:08 PM
That is wonderful!!! I thought my second wife was going to accept me too, only to have her say, that she could not live with another woman and was not going to be married to one. If I wanted to be a woman I could, but not living with her. Our marriage fell apart after that and the rest of our time together was pure hell.

JamieG
09-20-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm very happy for you and your wife. I think its great to see these good news stories, especially when total acceptance seems to have come so quickly. After 8 years of being out to my wife, I think I'm only just now reaching a level of acceptance near what you have done in a month. Just be careful not to take too much advantage of her support for you. Keep an eye out for those little signs that might indicate that she's feeling more uncomfortable than she lets on, and be prepared to cool it a little bit if necessary.

rachellenicole
09-20-2010, 09:43 PM
What a wonderful wife you have, those of us who have understanding and supporting wives or SO's are truly fortunate. I always try to do something nice for my wife, reciprocity is a must!

Rach

Amanda22
09-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Just be careful not to take too much advantage of her support for you. Keep an eye out for those little signs that might indicate that she's feeling more uncomfortable than she lets on, and be prepared to cool it a little bit if necessary.

Jamie, thank you for such wise advice. You are so right.

Amanda22
09-20-2010, 09:51 PM
If you don't buy your wife :love: some flowers, you're a cad! :)

Julie...I love that term: "cad"! I wish we used it more often. You are right, though. My wife has noticed my close attention to her needs. Today, I purchased an expensive perfume she mentioned taking a fancy to a couple of weeks ago. I wrapped it in a pretty box and presented it to her with a very heartfelt card when she arrived home tonight. She was very touched.