PDA

View Full Version : So I ran into my shop teacher...

Nick2Nikki
09-21-2010, 12:29 AM
I was at Home Depot tonight looking for some drafting triangles for my class (pre-employment cabinet making), when I saw my high school shop teacher. I wanted to go up and say hi, but I was dressed up femme. So... I just walked up and said hi. He did a double take, commented that he didn't recognize me at first, and then we had a normal conversation. For me it just further reinforces the idea that people generally don't care about crossdressing as long as you project an air of confidence.

What would you have done in this situation? Have you ever been dressed in femme and run into someone that you knew, who didn't know about your crossdressing?

AllieSF
09-21-2010, 12:36 AM
I would have to run for the hills! It is nice to see that you have the courage to do that. I might do that if I was totally out. But for now, I am happy being me and not sharing this with friends nor family.

insearchofme
09-21-2010, 08:40 AM
You're a lot braver than I am. I could never take shop, I'm afraid I'd break something, LOL.

Nick2Nikki
09-21-2010, 09:03 AM
You're a lot braver than I am. I could never take shop, I'm afraid I'd break something, LOL.

Please, I may have to reapply my nail polish much more often after working in the shop, but I haven't broken a nail yet! LOL!

Linda7
09-21-2010, 10:16 AM
The landlord stopped by one time when I was dressed, again show an air of confidence and people tend not to care. It's unlikely to happen to me that often unless someone stops by our apartment while I'm dressed.

5150 Girl
09-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Casual aquantences like that, i really don;t care waht the know or even think. I'd have said hi, and if he tured away, so waht.
However, One day at the cable office I was in line behind one of my aunts. I'm ashamed to say that I put my sun galsses back on and hoped she didn't reconsise me (I don't think she did BTW) because that side of the family is a little bit,,, well, you know....

shelly-55
09-21-2010, 01:00 PM
Wow! Impressive self confidence! As for him at least he must have been somewhat pleased that you were kind of following in his footsteps, teaching a shoprelated subject!

kimdl93
09-21-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm impressed by your courage and confidence. Way to go!!!

Elsa Larson
09-21-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm guessing Nikki is under age 20 and most commentators are over 40.
LOTS has changed in the last 20 years and it's a lot easier for teens to be open about gender and sexuality variations.

kristinacd55
09-21-2010, 01:45 PM
Very very impressive and Elsa's comment I bet is spot on (as the brits would say!)

Stacy L
09-21-2010, 03:10 PM
So I ran into my shop teacher...

I would ask him if he was hurt. :devil: