PDA

View Full Version : Outed

lyta
09-21-2010, 01:34 AM
Just wanted to give a little report from the trenches, which have been rather eventful the last couple of days...

As seems often the case in my life, Fate took charge in my long-time feeble attempts to find a way to tell my beloved wife.
Searching the estate for stuff to take to the local fleemarket, my wife came across one of my stashes out in the garage, containing a skirt, sweater, dress and pumps. When I came home a bit later she was of course confused as to how these items got there, she couldn't remember having seen them before and it appeared to be around my size...

Whooosh! The sound of realities clashing. Temporary brain overload. Not Prepared For This! Panic lurking. Instincts starting to look for an escape route.

Thankfully, I quickly came to my senses. After all, I had been looking for a way to get this out in the open, and here it was. Lying or coming up with lame excuses was just not an option, she is my wife and I love her and keeping this from her up until now had been bad enough.

But the embarrassment! Oh my. I didn't know where to start, and I told her so. She asked if she could ask questions instead and it took only two of those before she had pinpointed the situation. ("Is it yours"? "Have you used it during the last year?")

40 year old secret rushing out. Fear creeping in. Now what? Is this the beginning of the end?

My wife is an amazing woman in so many ways, and I knew she was the right one for me very very soon in our relationship. I have been reminded of this many times over the half dozen years since we became a couple. And now she proved it again, Big Time.

No shock. No anger from feeling betrayed. No disgust or moral rejection. Just 100% understanding and sympathy right from the start. And the initial surprise soon changing into an insight about me and us that had lurked just underneath the surface for a long time.

She was just really, genuinely happy for my sake, and even happy for the new and exciting energy and possibilities this would add to our relationship. Yes, she was in fact just that, excited.

And of course, knowing my wife fairly well and learning from the attitudes and experiences from the lovely people in this group and elsewhere, I should have known that it would be all right. Still, the risk that it wouldn't and the shame I still after all these years of working with self-acceptance had not fully managed to purge kept me from taking the step. What a waste of time and energy.

Well, here we are, two days into our New Era. We are both looking forward to the days and weeks and months ahead of talking about and exploring this. Thanks to you all in the T community for providing me with extremely valuable insights and experiences from both sides. It has already helped me handle this, and will help me make at least a few less mistakes in the time ahead, like describing to me the patterns of Pink Fog Ahead, Do Not Overdo and Define The Rules.

We'll just take it slow, and enjoy the journey. And find our way through the rough patches that it will unavoidably also include. Right now there is a lovely dress, sweater, skirt and pumps in my wardrobe next to my shirts and costumes -- and I just cannot begin to tell you how that makes me feel.

But I think you can guess. ;)

Thank you all for being who you are, and for caring and sharing the way you do.

Hugs,
Lyta

StaceyJane
09-21-2010, 01:45 AM
That's so wonderful to hear. My wife found out about me and after a rough period I can honestly say I'm so glad to be out.

Holly
09-21-2010, 01:50 AM
Lyta, congratulations on a successful "outing." I, too, have a understanding and supportive wife. I have always been a firm believer that if a relationship is built on a strong foundation and both parties mutually respect for one another, then together they can get through anything. I wish you and your wife many, many happy years ahead.

Jenny Gurl
09-21-2010, 05:00 AM
I am very happy for you, it sounds like you have a very special S.O., never let her forget that. Congratulations.

DAVIDA
09-21-2010, 05:40 AM
Hi Lyta!
There is nothing better than a loving, accepting wife!:thumbsup:
Congratulations on the big relief!
Here's hoping the future holds new adventures for you and your wife!:hugs:

Kathryn Martin
09-21-2010, 05:40 AM
Lyta, this sounds like the continuation of a wonderful relationship with your spouse and the beginning of a very exciting time for you, congratulations. Taking it slow is really important. Once many of are set free we tend to lose ourselves in the pink fog and that can sometimes be very shocking even for the most accepting partner.

I am so glad for you

Kathryn

lyta
09-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Thank you all!
Love, Lyta

Gerrijerry
09-21-2010, 12:46 PM
sounds like you handled it well as did your wife. Good luck in the future. It can only get better with love.

kimdl93
09-21-2010, 12:58 PM
I can only imagine how difficult those first few minutes must have been for you. I'm so glad to hear how wise and understanding your wife is! And I congratulate you on being able to find the courage to be honest, to have faith in the strength your relationship and in your spouse. I can see a great future for you as the new horizon opens for both of you!

Alice B
09-21-2010, 01:26 PM
That is a truly wonderful post and it looks as if you and your wife are going to have great times ahead.

shelly-55
09-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Wow, exciting story! As you enter this new phase remember that it will require a great deal of flexibility from you. You'ved lived alone in that world for a long time doing everything your way without having to answer to anybody and now there's going to be someone else in there too. Like sharing a studio apt after living alone for years.

Being Paige
09-21-2010, 01:30 PM
very nice, I wish I had alittle more sunderstanding and support on the home front!

JenniferLynn0370
09-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Oh my goodness Lyta; congratulations girl!! That is an awesome story. Good luck to you!!

Hugs,
Jen

Maryesther M.
09-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Lyta, What a marvellous story, and I'm really delighted for you. Enjoy it to the full, but don't overdo it....I expect your loving wife did after all marry a man, & that is what you must remain.
All that is fairytale stuff for me, as my dearly beloved finds the whole idea totally abhorrent and hopes I'll ditch the lot sometime very soon.

MichelleL
09-21-2010, 06:46 PM
WOW! That's great! Thank you for sharing your story. It is just wonderful! :clap:

Sophie86
09-21-2010, 07:54 PM
*sniff* *sniff* I love a happy ending!! ;)

Congrats!!!! :)

Kari Lynn Franks
09-21-2010, 10:05 PM
congrats how long have you been married? isn't that A great feeling not having to worry about being caught anymore?

lyta
09-22-2010, 03:50 PM
ty again all for your kind words! *sniff*
Carrie, we have been a couple for 6 years, married for 3. We are both in our mid-40es now.
At the moment, I am still trying to grasp what happened. We have been talking a bit and laughed a bit, but as we have two kids and busy lives there has not been much time yet to pursue this. Right now I feel I could sit down and talk about this with her 24x7 for a month. But I know she needs to digest this too so I am taking it easy. But it is really hard to hold back on all this newly won freedom!
I have a hard time sleeping at night now, I feel like a bottle of soda just being opened. But I feel g-o-o-d!
I have no idea where we will end up, accepting-wise. Maybe she'll prefer not to be around. Maybe she'll accept that I dress around her. Maybe she will want to take a more active part. To early to tell, and really it is too early for me to care. :)
But I'll keep you posted.
Hugses, /L

t-girlxsophie
09-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Lovely outcome for you Lyta,Many good times await you both,just keep talking everything out,and all will be ok

:hugs:Sophie xx

MsRachael
09-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Thats awesome, I hope I can be that lucky some day!

JamieG
09-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Lyta, I am so happy for you. Sometime the accidental discovery can lead to a rocky start in the "I'm a CD" conversation, but it sounds like you handled things perfectly. Way to go! It sounds like you have a great woman who loves you very much. Treat her right!

Linda St. John
09-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Yup ! It's nice to have all your clothes in one place ....!!

Rachel05
09-23-2010, 02:09 PM
A strange thing for me to say but it was amazing to get found out after all them years and I am guessing for you it was too, after the shock !! but my SO still doesn't embrace my love of dressing, but then again she doesn't stop me or anything so it feels much better overall to be out and I look forward to hearing how it i s for you now

Rianna Humble
09-23-2010, 04:02 PM
I didn't know where to start, and I told her so. She asked if she could ask questions instead and it took only two of those before she had pinpointed the situation. ("Is it yours"? "Have you used it during the last year?")
She was just really, genuinely happy for my sake, and even happy for the new and exciting energy and possibilities this would add to our relationship. Yes, she was in fact just that, excited.

I hope that you have found a very special way to show her how much you appreciate her reaction. Sounds like you have got an extraordinary wife, and I'm sure you will have no difficulties finding ways to show her how special she is!

Desiree8
09-23-2010, 05:51 PM
I am so happy for you Lyta! I, too, have a very understanding, accepting wife. She likes having Desiree around, and it is great to let the feminine side out!
May you and that special lady of yours enjoy many, many happy years to come.
:hugs: for you both!