PDA

View Full Version : Is it really worth it?

minalost
09-21-2010, 09:56 AM
We do a lot to maintain a fem look, but, for the rare chance to dress (for me anyway) I sometimes wonder if it’s really worth it…

Mornings I exfoliate (3-4 times a week) moisturize my face and hands, pluck my eye brows (as needed), and shave my under arms (2-3 times a week).

During my morning break I apply Barielle nail strengthening cream to my nails and check them for cracks and chips – file as needed.

At bed time I moisturize my face again, I apply rapid lash to my eye lashes, and again apply the Barielle cream to my nails. Nail and eye brow check – file and pluck as needed.

Once a week I do a thorough manicure (file, shape (and buff every other week), cuticle maintenance, soak, and exfoliate) and once a month that includes a pedicure too.

Every two weeks I epilate my arms, and in a few weeks I’ll also be doing my legs.

So, ladies, is it worth it? For those of you that can go full time, there is no question. But for those of us that are lucky to steal an hour or two a month, and if we are lucky a whole evening or day? It is a lot of work, and I haven’t even included doing those things a man does – shaving…

For me it is totally worth it. I just think about how much better I’m going to look when I do get the chance to dress up. It also, in a limited way, takes the place of being able to actually dress up. I’m doing feminine things, to enhance my feminine look – it almost feels as good as actually dressing up… almost.

So, how about the rest of you part time dressers?
:hugs:

stefanie
09-21-2010, 10:26 AM
for me...deinitely yes....

kimdl93
09-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Its worth it for me. I enjoy a lot of time dressed at home - but not in public yet. It doesn't matter, tho because I feel so good and complete when I can be "myself"

Kate Simmons
09-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Well it was worth it to me and I used to take it in stride because I used to go to the club every Friday and Saturday night to socialize and dance as Ericka. Now things have mellowed out somewhat and I can have the same amount of fun dressed either way. That's kind of what happens when you become your own person and it's totally your choice.:battingeyelashes::)

Eve II
09-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Yes ................

shelly-55
09-21-2010, 01:37 PM
I love shaving my legs... never consider it a bother so.....YES!

Amanda22
09-21-2010, 03:03 PM
It's all worth it to me. Only you can answer for yourself.

suzy1
09-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Yes, yes, yes, yes. And yes.

I love being……………SUZY

Ruth
09-21-2010, 03:42 PM
I get to dress 3 evenings a week at present, and OK that's part-time, but because of the short interval I reckon I have to be CD-ready all the time. Anyway, I'm retired, I have the time, so I enjoy all the shaving, epilating, plucking, moisturising, nail-painting etc. (My wife wishes I spent less time in the bathroom...)

suchacutie
09-21-2010, 04:13 PM
A couple of years ago, when Tina was about 2 years old, I was at my doctors for a yearly physical. I had lost a bunch of weight (yeah Tina!) and we got to talking about lifestyle changes. He doesn't know I dress, but he knows I use a nail strengthener to help my nails recover. He thought it was a bit odd initially, but in this particular conversation I mentioned that I didn't see any reason to simply give into aging. He suddenly looked at me very seriously and said, almost shouting, "Fight it in any way you can. You're a scientist so if anyone can figure out how to fight it, it's you!"

So...I thought about all I now do for Tina, and there is not one thing which is detrimental to my long-term health. In fact, all these things that we do, including exercise, taking care of our appearance, taking better care of our posture and how we generally carry ourselves, our diet, and all the rest are very healthy alternatives, both to our general health and our appearance. Frankly, Tina is one of the best things that ever happened to me as far as long-term health is concerned!

That's not even mentioning the fact that I'm able to shift to my feminine self!

Even if I were to never dress again (horrors!) I would not regress to pre-Tina healthcare!

tina

Delenn
09-21-2010, 04:53 PM
At least my skin is younger and healthier than 10 years ago. So all we do for femme look is good for our health and worth it.

ReineD
09-21-2010, 05:08 PM
As a guy you'd want to maintain a good skin regimen anyway, including exfoliation. You'd also want to keep your nails neat and buffed, and if they crack, you'd want to strengthen them still. This is not an effeminate thing to do, IMO, just good self-care.

So you're talking about the extras which take up what? A few hours per week?

Ellen Ross
09-21-2010, 05:39 PM
I was just looking at myself this morning, and thought I don't remember how bad my face looked with big eyebrows. Or how I looked with all of that body and leg hair. Or thirty five pounds overweight (12 more to go). But I know it was bad, and I will never go back.

So...I thought about all I now do for Tina, and there is not one thing which is detrimental to my long-term health. In fact, all these things that we do, including exercise, taking care of our appearance, taking better care of our posture and how we generally carry ourselves, our diet, and all the rest are very healthy alternatives, both to our general health and our appearance. Frankly, Tina is one of the best things that ever happened to me as far as long-term health is concerned!

That's not even mentioning the fact that I'm able to shift to my feminine self!

Even if I were to never dress again (horrors!) I would not regress to pre-Tina healthcare!

tina

Nicely said Tina. I agree.

Kathryn Martin
09-21-2010, 05:45 PM
As a guy you'd want to maintain a good skin regimen anyway, including exfoliation. You'd also want to keep your nails neat and buffed, and if they crack, you'd want to strengthen them still. This is not an effeminate thing to do, IMO, just good self-care.

So you're talking about the extras which take up what? A few hours per week?

I totally agree with you Reine, I have done this on an off for years. I do appreciate the luxurious women's products more though

Kathryn

Sara74
09-21-2010, 05:50 PM
I totally agree with you Reine, I have done this on an off for years. I do appreciate the luxurious women's products more though

Kathryn

I'll second that one. Now more than ever, men are expected to take better care of themselves and keep up a good appearance. Mainstream may call it "metro-sexual" but whatever it's name, you should always try to look your best in whatever gender. I'm a part-timer too but I am always keeping myself ready for the weekends when it becomes funtime!

Alice Torn
09-21-2010, 07:00 PM
I am with Denise on this one. I am blue collar outdoorsy as guy, don't shave body but once every three or four months.

Jocelyn Quivers
09-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Yes, it is worth it, this is what all of the training, shaving, dieting, blood loss through shaving mishaps, dollars spent and wasted on outfits that will most likely never be worn outside of my house, is for. Totaly worth it.

Patty B.
09-22-2010, 03:11 AM
It s definately worth the effort even if dressing is not first and foremost, just a lifestyle observation.

Gerrijerry
09-22-2010, 05:08 AM
When I was part time. I have to say it was well worth it. It is for anyone who wants to feel feminine as much as they can. You do what you can to help the inner you be happy. Even if you can never come out and have little chance to do even half of those things you list. You still make your self feel closer to who you are inside.

Dora Faye
09-22-2010, 05:53 AM
Not to advocate any lifestyle but I find that being a hippie in both my male and female forms lets me off the hook as far as a lot of the extra work involved in the appearance department. In the 60s and 70s as many of you will will remember the womens liberation movement rebelled against all the stuff women had to do to be presentable in society and it resulted in a permanent reevaluation of same. I see that many do not mind all the extra chores and that's great and this is just my take on the issue. I am finding that being a girl can take a lot of time so if I want to do a photo shoot I am happy that all I have to do is throw on a skirt and blouse, brush my hair out and voila! Instant hippie chick! I am also relatively hairless on the bod so that's one advantage I have. I sometimes think about makeup but getting to a salon, paying for all the stuff, having to deal with straight attitudes etc etc etc keeps me from jumping right into that, although I do hope to get my ears pierced sometime. :)
Well, that's all folks
Much Love
D

eluuzion
09-22-2010, 06:03 AM
Hey, if it was an easy job, there would be women and children doing it. hehehehe

yes, if it was not "worth it"to me, I would not be doing it.

:love: