PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to a store

Kaitlyn Michele
09-22-2010, 09:45 AM
I just wanted to let folks know i had a wonderful experience with Kohls

I've transitioned, new id etc....and i wanted to get the new credit card deal...

i applied for the card, and it said i had "multiple accounts" and it became a big hubbub...remember i did change my name, my id's are female, i have new credit cards..and i hadnt used a kohls card in five years...so it was never changed...by rights they could have just said fill out the name change forms and send them in (which is what i did at target, macys, amex)...but they went the extra mile

the lady at the counter, the manager, and the head office person on the phone were all wonderful. I explained the entire situation to each one seperately as it turned out (the sales clerk got the manager, and the manager called head office)...

and they were just wonderful about it.. bottom line, they wanted my business and frankly they earned it...

the entire process was about getting me the best deal from kohls subject to the fact that legally i already had a card under the old name, but they accommodated me, gave me a NEW card which got me the better discount..

i'm posting here because in my mind trans friendly is trans friendly and i don't see why any part of full time dresser would be treated differently..

it was interesting to me because as i transition i want to "pass" on my own terms and i hesitated before outing my situation...but once i did, a huge wave of relief hit me and i felt pride that i was accepted and helped as a transwoman..

3 cheers for kohls.

Persephone
09-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Very cool, Kaitlyn! Congratulations on your transition. Judging by your avatar, you look great! You go, girl!

MelodyS.
09-22-2010, 11:13 AM
That is awesome to hear about Kohls. I really love the Britney and Avril line of clothes there, but I find their prices just slighty higher then I am comfortable with. So I shall also look into getting discounts now there as well. :)