PDA

View Full Version : "Back to School"

Dragster
09-22-2010, 08:10 PM
On Saturday, we're going to a "Back to School" party for 50/60 year olds. I thought I'd like to go as a schoolGIRL, but something along the lines of a St Trinian!

I tried a few outfits on while my anti-CD wife was away on Sunday, I rolled up the skirt waistband (like some of the girls did in the 60s to get the shorter look) of a couple of my wife's skirts and "borrowed" a blouse and belt (the corset, stockings, heels, tie and jacket are mine) and I've attached the results for you to see. What do you think? Could I have got away with it without anyone suspecting I was a CD, something my wife is paranoid about? Which outfit do you think would have been most suitable? The black skirt or tartan skirt? With or without jacket (actually my male blazer)? I'd have needed a hat to hide my hair, or a wig (wife wouldn't like the wig - too femme by a mile!), and bright red lips (she wouldn't like that either!). I could have answered any questions about the source of the items I was wearing by saying "It's surprising what you can find when you ask the right people the right questions" without giving anything away, even the 5" heel size 9UK shoes, but my ability to walk in them, and wear them all night might have raised a few eyebrows. I had them on for 14 hours and even slept 6 hours in them Sunday night/Monday morning, and was sorry to take them off, so I know I could do it.

Sadly, it's not going to happen. My first suggestion of going as a schoolgirl met a brick wall. "If you're going as a schoolgirl, I'm not going". I still don't understand her, but it seems that she can't accept it because she knows I would get some sexual pleasure out of wearing a skirt, and that was without mentioning that I wanted to go as a sexy "St Trinian" schoolgirl! As many of you know, I love her too much to risk a 40 year old marriage, so I'll keep trying and hoping! Ah well, It was a nice dream while it lasted!

Tony

Kari Lynn Franks
09-22-2010, 11:27 PM
definely the plaid skirt is the best. ditch the candy cane wraped around your neck lol

alexathemetermaid
09-23-2010, 12:06 AM
i personally like the plaid skirt with the jacket.

RachelPortugal
09-23-2010, 01:50 AM
I'd go with the tartan pleated skirt without the jacket.

You ask if you could get away without anyone suspecting you are a CD, well if it was a St Trinians theme then I am sure you would not be the only guy dressed as a girl, but as it is just "Back to School" I would try to find out if any of the other guys are considering going as naughty school girls. If you are not the only one, then your wife might relent.

Edwina
09-23-2010, 04:25 AM
I'd go with the tartan pleated skirt without the jacket.

You ask if you could get away without anyone suspecting you are a CD, well if it was a St Trinians theme then I am sure you would not be the only guy dressed as a girl, but as it is just "Back to School" I would try to find out if any of the other guys are considering going as naughty school girls. If you are not the only one, then your wife might relent.

That would be my choice too.:)

Rachael's suggestion might work as well but from the tone of your post I have my doubts.

RachelDenise
09-23-2010, 04:31 AM
Love the plaid with the jacket. I hope you get to wear your clothes that you want to wear.

Maria in heels
09-23-2010, 05:09 AM
my vote is for the plaid skirt as well...I love it without the jacket

eluuzion
09-23-2010, 05:15 AM
Well, you definitely get a gold "atta-girl" sticker to stick on your refrigerator progress chart for trying.

But, at the end of the day...you have to pick your battles. Unfortunately, 40 years of marriage vs making a few black marks on the gymnasium floor with high heels is a no-brainer. Better to settle for sending in a self-pic for the "yearbook"...lol

Never give up...:thumbsup:

Veronica 1
09-23-2010, 03:12 PM
The tartan outfit is gorgeous but lose the tie and jacket with the black skirt.

Rianna Humble
09-23-2010, 03:30 PM
The black skirt (no blazer) is more in keeping with your theme but the neck tie should be blue and silver not red and white. You have got it done up about right though.

Taylor186
09-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Could I have got away with it without anyone suspecting I was a CD, something my wife is paranoid about?
Tony
No.

karennjcd
09-23-2010, 04:27 PM
What do you think? Could I have got away with it without anyone suspecting I was a CD, something my wife is paranoid about?

Don't get me wrong, Tony, I love the schoolgirl look myself, and you do pull it off rather well. However to me the thing that screams CD is the shoes. Real schoolgirls don't wear heels, #1. While I love heels too, to create the authenticity of the look, patent black flats or maryjanes would work here just as well, and you'd have a much easier time walking.

That said, if the "naughty" schoolgirl look is desired here, well now heels will work fine. But the sandals displayed call attention to the fact that it isn't a woman wearing them. A low, closed heel, in my opinoin, even a maryjane shoe with a couple inches heel would work better. The real naughty schoolgirl who wants to wear 5 inch heels -- well usually that's a platform type thicker heel with a closed toe and the maryjane straps.

Dragster
09-23-2010, 07:39 PM
Many thanks for all your complements, coments and enthusiasm. You nearly all seem to like the tartan skirt best, Stuart tartan I think it is, and here's the irony. I bought this skirt as a Christmas present for my wife many years ago. I love the colour combinations, I think it says "FUN". I also bought her a matching red polo neck sweater and wide patent belt to complete the look but she didn't wear any of it very often. I also bought a straight skirt in the same material and offered her the choice; as you can see, she chose the pleated one. On her they were both knee length and a UK size 12. Unfortunately she's gained a little weight over the years, and is now size 14+. Even at 63 (birthday next week), I think she still looks great, and I tell her, but she thinks she looks very fat, and has lost the confidence to wear anything exciting or attention grabbing. She threw this skirt out 5 years ago and I hijacked it on route to the charity shop. Size 12 is incredibly tight on me; I could just fasten the waist band if I squeezed my waist with a corset or a tight belt, but even that doesn't work now, I've gained a bit since I retired! For the pics, I had to zip it up as far as I could and roll up the waist until I got the length I wanted. The rolled waist doesn't show under the belted shirt!

I take on board all your comments on the shoes. You're right, but I still only have one pair of women's shoes, and they are the 5 inchers in the photos. I'm not sure I was ready to prance around in them in front of my friends either, even though I could! And maybe that ability would have been the giveaway! There isn't a St Trinian theme Rachel and Edwina, and I wasn't about to announce my desire to go as a girl by canvassing the rest of the group to see if they were.

As for the party, unfortunately, I'll be going as a schoolboy. Maybe one day things will change, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks again,
Tony

Loni
09-23-2010, 09:30 PM
well for me back to school is not for a party but a class, and Loni is the one in school. only had one class so far, but it was grand being there dressed, granted i had jeans on, but the tunic top and everything was from the woman's dept. even my mules on my feet.

but yes keep the wife happy it does make the world work better.

Dragster
10-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Well, I bowed to my wife's wishes (or chickened out!) and went as a schoolboy; here's a photo as I walked out of the door, complete with conker, well it is the season for them! Am I sufficiently disshevelled?

And here's the outfit my wife wore, for her it was pretty brave. Another of our friends heard she was going to a Back to School party and dug the tunic, blouse, tie and boater (too small for me) out of her loft; an outfit she'd bought for a similar party a few years ago.

Before you criticise me, this is not a photo of my wife. I wouldn't post her photo here, even headless, unless she agreed, and there's no way that will happen soon. I took the opportunity of a couple of hours "alone time" to borrow her outfit and it's me that's in there. She actually had a long sleeved blouse, opaque tights and flat shoes, and since she's 6 inches shorter than me, the dress on her is not so short. I'd love to have gone looking just like this, but I think it would have really set the tongues wagging with our friends! Few others made much of an effort anyway, there was only one other in shorts, and one other short school skirt out of 21 of us.

Ah well, opportunity lost! I'll just have to wait until someone on the committee decides to have a crossdressing fancy dress themed party, and I don't suppose that's very likely.

Tony

az_azeel
10-09-2010, 08:42 PM
glad you had fun .. its a shame you did not get to wear the tartan skirt... and just for clarity.. on two points... one its not Stuart.. but Stewart and secondly the tartan is not a Stewart but the clan Wallace dress tartan... ;)

docrobbysherry
10-10-2010, 12:29 AM
I think your wife's correct, Dragster! U look WAY TOO GOOD! Not like the typical "guy in a dress" for a party looks!:brolleyes:

I'm just sorry u can't go out dressed! I think u look very nice! Attractive, AND tasteful in ALL the outfits shown!:daydreaming:

kjstephen
10-10-2010, 01:39 AM
Love the tartan hope it goes off well

Kaye

Dragster
10-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Thank you for the clarification on the tartan Az. Obviously from someone who knows.....or did you look it up? I looked it up and found that it is also the tartan that 3M use on their "Scotch" brand packaging tape. It's appropriate that I used it to package myself!!

Thanks for all the supportive comments Doc, flattery will get you anywhere! I was rather pleased with the results when I looked at the photographs. I think my legs are my best assets, but both them and my arms have a lot more muscle than an average GG's, which are genarally smoother. Maybe I should stick to long sleeves and long skirts if I ever get out.

Tony

suit
11-07-2010, 04:30 PM
definely the plaid skirt is the best. ditch the candy cane wraped around your neck lol

how about putting a leather coller on inplace of the striped tie, use the tie as a belt ? thers a naughty looking school girl look!