PDA

View Full Version : Legally Blonde & FEMALE - YAY!!!

Melody Moore
09-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Today has been the best day of my life because now Im officially & legally recognised as being female. I\
cannot find enough words to express how good this feels to finally be legally recognised as my true self.... Yay!!!!

What this means is I got my change of name on my new birth certificate in the mail today, then I got my change of gender identity letter from my psychologist at the Doll's House (Sexual Health Clinic) here in Cairns... with that I was able to then go to the Queensland Dept. of Transport and get my name and Sex changed on my drivers licence.... to my new name & FEMALE. So tomorrow my agenda will be to go to my Bank, Medicare & Centrelink offices and change everything there, as well as send off my documents to the Australian Tax Office to get my file updated with my new details there.

I cant believe how great the Doll's House (Sexual Health Clinic - North Cairns Community Health Service) and how easy this has all been for me, the staff there are absolutely fantastic - but I guess its a lot easier for them to make their decisions when you do present to a gender clinic as your true self. I also cant believe that our sexual health services here are free & so easily accessible & with subsidised HRT. I feel very lucky to live here when I read how so many of you in the USA are struggling to find a good endocrinologist & psychologist... I so feel for you all. :straightface:

Leanne2
09-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Wow Melody, that is great news! Now you are legally what you have been all along; a woman. I am so happy for you. I'm sure that you are having a great day " Down Under." Love and hugs, Leanne2

Asako
09-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Smiles and happiness are contagious and hearing how happy you are puts a smile on my face. =^.^=

Melody Moore
09-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Thanks Leanne & Asako - Im that happy I have been dancing all around the place since yesterday & nothing can wipe the huge smile off my face :)

StaceyJane
09-23-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm so happy for you! :)

Fab Karen
09-23-2010, 05:39 PM
That's great. I do have to wonder what the legal definition of blonde is though.:)

Faith_G
09-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Congratulations! Doesn't your purse feel lighter now that you aren't dragging that guy around in it?

Melody Moore
09-23-2010, 06:50 PM
That's great. I do have to wonder what the legal definition of blonde is though.:)
Not sure either but Im registered as being a blue eyed blonde now on my drivers licence LOL

Congratulations! Doesn't your purse feel lighter now that you aren't dragging that guy around in it?
Most definitely Faith.... No more embarrassment pulling out ID and bank cards etc with the wrong person on them... thats been some load to bear thats for sure. LOL

Andi
09-24-2010, 02:23 AM
"Good on ya!" Melody. I'm so happy you've crossed the summit and can now enjoy living as yourself. This must have been an incredible journey for you and you must feel so relieved. Keep us posted on any new life discoveries you make.

P.S. - How easy is it to immigrate to Australia?? LOL

Kittie
09-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Hugz for Melody! Congrats hun x.

Teri Jean
09-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Melody I want to congratulate you.

Melody Moore
09-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Thanks Andi, Laci-D & Teri Jean

Although I have awhile to wait for my SRS it feels so liberating to not be carrying a male
around in my purse anymore and to be formerly recognised and identified as my true self :)

Victoria Anne
09-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Melody I am so happy for you , this is just fantastic news

Empress Lainie
09-30-2010, 06:05 AM
As it is for you, it was wonderfully life changing for me. And I was SOOOO lucky to get my F by just asking for it when I got my DL with my new name. Now however they have changed the law so anyone in this state who is being treated (hormones) can get it with a letter stating that from their doctor.

I still have the Medicare M and haven't found out if they have changed away from requiring surgery which could be breast implants, orchiectomy or SRS. I hate to have to tell the billers "You have to bill it as male, I'm pre op transexual woman."

Jay Cee
09-30-2010, 06:22 AM
Congratulations!

7sisters
09-30-2010, 06:23 AM
Melody this is melodious news to my ears. And yes it is great to be blonde!