PDA

View Full Version : Family acceptance

Teri Jean
09-24-2010, 06:36 AM
After reading Bree's thread it made me think of how wonderful my family has been of late. I have been living my RLE for a year now and moving forward in my journey but this last week was a milestone of a different sort. Although my girls, both adults, have been accepting there has been a distance between us. And then things changed all at a time when I least expected.

It started with my eldest asking for help with a car maintenance issue and when I showed up dressed as usual she and my grandson met me at the door. She was careful not to drop this news on him as he is 6yrs old. Well the little ones are so accepting and he seen me and asked "grandpa are you going to help Mom with the car?". I told him I was and off we go hand in hand to get to work. She had told him there was going to changes but she was unsure how it would go. Then after I got home I get the call from her cell phone so I thought here comes the other shoe hitting the floor.

It was my grandson and he wanted to invite me to his Birthday party in a weeks time. This Tuesday he and I and my daughters and their SOs had a evening of partying. I was so wonderful and it continues with the younger daughter who lives close by.

It is wonderful for families to be accepting.

Teri

Ann-Marie
09-24-2010, 08:07 AM
Hi Teri, i hope your daughters continue to grow closer to Teri, sounds like you have a good life with your grandson.

Michelle I
09-24-2010, 08:37 AM
Teri:
That's wonderful, family has to be the hardest to deal with in the adventure. Good luck, hope things with your daughters keep progressing.

Faith_G
09-24-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm happy to hear that they are warming up. They just needed some time - and a child to show them what acceptance looks like. :)

Stephenie S
09-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Children are FAR more accepting than their wiser elders are.

Stephie

Angel.Marie76
09-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Children are FAR more accepting than their wiser elders are.

Stephie

Funny that you mention that though, my mother and brother are working through acceptance fairly well right now, yet my own son (12), has generally stated that he's angry that he's loosing his 'dad'.. :-( It's give and take though, hopefully he'll come around one of these days.

Traci Elizabeth
09-28-2010, 08:24 PM
The miracle of a grand child and their open love for a grand parent...treasure each and every second with them. I do mine.

Faith_G
09-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Funny that you mention that though, my mother and brother are working through acceptance fairly well right now, yet my own son (12), has generally stated that he's angry that he's loosing his 'dad'.. :-( It's give and take though, hopefully he'll come around one of these days.12 is a really tough age. It would be a lot easier if he was a few years younger.