PDA

View Full Version : Bigger arms?

maryannnite
09-24-2010, 09:09 PM
Hi every one, I love this look. But please tell me can i get away with it or my arms to big to do so?

"Mary"
09-24-2010, 09:29 PM
I often wonder the same thing. I think we may be our worst critics sometimes. I'd love to give you my opinion, but the avatar and signature pic are simply to small to get a good look.

AKAMichelle
09-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Can't tell from the pictures

Kelly Blaine
09-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Not really sure which part of your arms are big, especially with the green top.
When you have a part of your body that is big don't attract anyone to it.
If your hands are big, don't where big rings.

I think you know that, and again the picture with green top is great.

Nicki S
09-25-2010, 01:44 PM
3/4 length sleeves work wonders for me. I wish I could wear something shorter, but the biceps really show then.

Stephenie S
09-25-2010, 01:56 PM
It's not a question of "getting away with it". Your arms are your arms. You are stuck with them. You are just gonna have to be that girl with the big arms. There is nothing else for you to do.

3/4 sleeves are good. Unfortunately because of big shoulders, they often become 1/2 sleeves. The older you get, the less you will have to worry about this, as older women have awful floppy big arms. Most older women go to great lengths to hide their upper arms.

Stephie

Christy_M
09-25-2010, 05:22 PM
I can't tell by the pictures and I believe someone else already mentioned that we are our own worst critics. I feel the same way about they ham hocks draping off my shoulders...sometimes I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I think "wow, those things are huge." I have never been a body builder or even liked the way big arm muscles look. My arms are not big in terms of male standards but apparently in a dress or blouse, they look like Arnold Swarzenegger's arms. Maybe I could take a potato peeler to them and knock them down a size or two...

Kathryn Martin
09-25-2010, 05:46 PM
I have found this site enormously helpful How to minimize broad shoulders (http://www.fashion-style.becomegorgeous.com/accessories/how_to_minimize_broad_shoulders-1156.html)

Kathryn

Shananigans
09-25-2010, 05:59 PM
I'm a GG with broad shoulders. (I blame the Dad being being in pro football). So, I feel your pain. I honestly think the pictures look great and your shoulders don't seem broad at all. But, we try so much to hide our shoulders and arms that it can just make them look bigger. You don't have to walk around in 3/4 length tops all of your life. I find that v-cut tops with a chunky necklace take away from the arms/shoulders. I even wear v-cut sleeveless or halter tops in this same fashion and feel confidant in them.
xx