PDA

View Full Version : Dressing your age

Jonien
09-04-2005, 07:51 AM
Hi Girls
It is offen said on here that we should dress our age when going out well i'm 62 and dress to what I like , short skirts tight tops heels and long cerly wigs
well I spent a bit of time last week on a shoping trip looking at the older lady's to see what thay were looking at and wearing well it seems I wear all the wrong gear thay dress down old fashon drab and dawdy well I feel it is hard enough to show an image when you feel you look good
so to me I feel I would stand out more if I was to dress that way

to me if remarks were "she should dress her age" would be a copliment other that thats a tranny.

there are a few of us that are not so young girls on here, so how would you dress to go out???

MarinaTwelve200
09-04-2005, 08:20 AM
Dress MY age? I enjoy looking 20+ years younger than my 56 years. As little as a year ago, before I finally worked out my "look/style" I admit DID look all my 55 years old ---AND a 'tranny". But my (as of late) new association with community theatre (an adjunct to my film making endeavours)--put me on a better makeup and wig track. Since last Halloween I have been able to look both REAL and younger to boot.

In the pic below That is the BEST I ever looked as an older lady.---But my new self is quite an inprovement if i say so myself.

Billijo49504
09-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Dress your age? Is that your actual age, or how old your feel you are, in your mind. I prefer to dress as old as I feel like. Yes, sometimes that's a little older then I really am. But other times, it's the other way. Last night, when I got home from work, A rather short jean skort and a blue velour cami. Nylons and a pair of loafers, allong with a wig and makeup, finished the picture. So as they say, do what ever floats your boat, and ENJOY!!!

Tamara Croft
09-04-2005, 08:52 AM
In the pic below That is the BEST I ever looked as an older ladyI know I'm about to get slapped for this, but Marina... as an old lady, you remind me of Ronnie Barker (Two Ronnies) :hiding:

Kimberly
09-04-2005, 08:55 AM
yay for being 18 :D:p

... I'll probably get slapped as well. :(

Tamara Croft
09-04-2005, 08:57 AM
yay for being 18

... I'll probably get slapped as well. :(Awww...... who could slap you, your a baby :D

And YAY for being thir.... er..... 21 :D again...... hehe :p

Kimberly
09-04-2005, 09:02 AM
Awww...... who could slap you, your a baby :D
I hope I'm not... wanna get out into the real world, ASAP. I'm thinking a gap year won't help much. (Still living with parents!)

Anyway, the little man's popped up --> :topic: ...whoops... sorry.

Tamara Croft
09-04-2005, 09:07 AM
Yes sorry Christina :hiding:

My Tam dresses like a teenager...... and acts like one too *I know I'm gonna get slapped for that* But I think it boils down to the age when she actually started dressing enfemme. I guess that makes her fem age about 18 - 20...

Jen_TGCD
09-04-2005, 09:32 AM
Dressing your age does not mean you have to look frumpy and wear shapeless dresses or baggy pants! It means looking your best, wearing tasteful clothing and being comfortable.

Women's fashion, for any age, has become focused on comfort and ease. Looser clothing and more practical fabrics make sense. But, you can see that some GGs put more effort into dressing than others. They look comfortable, yet neat and polished even wearing the most ordinary outfit. Then, also, you see those with no concern about what they wear and don't seem to have very good grooming habits!

Another point about "dressing your age" is that many women, by the time they reach their 50's, have had three or more children, are a bit over-weight and lumpy or saggy in all the wrong places, are still working and are experiencing the effects of menopause. Making the effort to wear a dress and pantyhose to go to the market is not high on their list of things to do. Also, many are on a fixed income and have to be practical, thus, the more neutral colors and more durable fabrics.

Even at the age of 50 something... I'm not going out in a tight top showing off my firm, full breasts, a skirt way above my knees and sporting three inch spike heels. :eek: Not even in the evening... to a Drag Show!

I'm thinking more along the fashion sense of Katharine Hepburn! Not Pam Anderson with gray hair!!! :rolleyes:

Jen_TGCD
09-04-2005, 09:50 AM
yay for being 18

:mad: Take care of your skin... and floss your teeth... you little smart ass ! ! !

:p Or... you'll end up looking like me, someday!!!

:D

These kids now days... (sigh...) :Pray:

suzi_cd
09-04-2005, 09:56 AM

My Tam dresses like a teenager...... and acts like one too *I know I'm gonna get slapped for that* But I think it boils down to the age when she actually started dressing enfemme. I guess that makes her fem age about 18 - 20...

I want to dress at the 18-20 range too. Seems they have the best clothes round and I wish i could get my hands on some of their "normal" clothes like slashed T-shirts and tops in my size.

suzi

Jonien
09-04-2005, 10:23 AM

I think this is my point I'm realy still in my teens, never did learn to grow up and exepted my age, I dress in what I like but my main concern was going out, but some how I don't think i'll grow up life is to short.
like right now i'm dressed in a very tight rollon pink jeans pink 4" heels and a tight top long cerly blond wig (remember Grease) But could I go out in this well I'd love to but!!

Jonien
09-04-2005, 10:35 AM
I know I'm about to get slapped for this, but Marina... as an old lady, you remind me of Ronnie Barker (Two Ronnies) :hiding:

aw tam that's not nice u do deserve a slap

Lana
09-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Are we talking phsyical age or mental/emotional age?. At 40 methinks given a much smaller body I could still pull off a leather mini :rolleyes: For the latter I should be in a short pink frilly dress with my hair in pig tails :p

Kiss Kiss and Ba Bye Bye, Lana :cool:

urban gypsy
09-04-2005, 11:21 AM
You should dress how you feel as a person and not how your age is supposed to dress. i dress as some of my age should dress not how the public feel they should dress. i got this outlook from my mother who is now in her late 60's but still thinks she is half that age and does not give damn what people think. Although she is starting to tone it down abit. if only we could get her to get ride of her bright yellow convertable sports car and trance cd.

Jonien
09-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Are we talking phsyical age or mental/emotional age?. At 40 methinks given a much smaller body I could still pull off a leather mini :rolleyes: For the latter I should be in a short pink frilly dress with my hair in pig tails :p

Kiss Kiss and Ba Bye Bye, Lana :cool:

me to yes it would be worse as most boutique stop at size 12 and i'm a big fat 14 otherwise there would be a lot more to choose from

tifftg
09-04-2005, 01:48 PM
I am always more focused on dressing for the location or activity that I am trying to blend into. If I am at the mall or shopping on a routine day, I want to look like the other women (and yes women) are dressed not the teens which I could never pull off. When Iam going to the club, well that is a different story, shortest skirt I can get away with and some high heels. I want to feel femme whatever I do.

Tiff

MsEva
09-04-2005, 01:57 PM

I think there is a lot of data to support that, alot of transitioning TSs start late in life..so they may be in their fifties, but are more or less going through the stages a blossoming woman (read teen) go through. I am in my forties, and dress like a woman my age, most of the time..sometimes it is nice to be a teeny bopper! :rolleyes:

Kimberly
09-04-2005, 02:25 PM
I think there is a lot of data to support that, alot of transitioning TSs start late in life..so they may be in their fifties, but are more or less going through the stages a blossoming woman (read teen) go through. I am in my forties, and dress like a woman my age, most of the time..sometimes it is nice to be a teeny bopper! :rolleyes:
But it has been said, already, that dressing your age isn't such a bad thing, and any age can be fashionable - it's just most, when they're older, choose not to focus so much on fashion. Been there, done that, I suppose.

But I agree... as CDers, we'll go through the stages of fashion a normal girl/woman goes through in her lifetime slowly than she will.

I think, as long as you look good and don't look indecent, and you're comfortable, then just dress how you like!!

Just some thoughts (I'm probably too young for this thread. :p) xx

MsEva
09-04-2005, 02:37 PM
:mad: Take care of your skin... and floss your teeth... you little smart ass ! ! !

:p Or... you'll end up looking like me, someday!!!

:D

These kids now days... (sigh...) :Pray:

You rock Jen!! You are my hero! BTW..I would also suggest water pic!!!

MsEva
09-04-2005, 02:42 PM
Kimberly I think that for the most of us older girls..no, I will speak for myself, until the advent of the internet, I thought I was a total freak, that there was no one like me..I mean who crossdressed... :rolleyes:

Well we know better now about 2% of males are crossdressers. And we are just like the general population..

where was I going with this..ok, If i knew then what I know now, I would have gone through the "growth" from teen girl to mature girl in a timely matter. I guess sometimes I want to go back and revel in the young girl look. I guess that is ok

What I am trying to say is no, you are not too young, you are in a good point in your life and you have choices..use them wisely. :)

Jen_TGCD
09-04-2005, 02:49 PM
I think, as long as you look good and don't look indecent, and you're comfortable, then just dress how you like!!

Just some thoughts (I'm probably too young for this thread. :p) xx

This thread does include you, too, Kimberly! If you don't dress your age... you'll look just as obvious when you are out.

Yes... you can wear what makes you feel good but I just can't imagine you in an over-the-knee pencil skirt and a blouse that ties in a bow at the neck!!! :eek: :D

You are young... use it, girl ! ! ! :thumbsup:

Rachel_740
09-04-2005, 02:59 PM
If I were to dress my age I'd still be in nappies and romper suits - I'm 8 months old now :rolleyes:

OK, yes I did have a previous life and if you add the 2 together I'm somewhere in my early 40's, and yes, I do normally dress my age. The current teenage trend of denim mini skirts wouldn't do my street cred any good. I don't think many would take me seriously and at very worst I would attract a lot of unwanted attention.

Anne

Rachel_740
09-04-2005, 03:01 PM

I've met Tammy and she isn't in her fifties (or at least, if she is she doesn't show here age at all - she's definately LOOKS much younger than me).

Anne

Tamara Croft
09-04-2005, 03:07 PM
I've met Tammy and she isn't in her fifties (or at least, if she is she doesn't show here age at all - she's definately LOOKS much younger than me).

AnneLOL..... shes only just into her 30's... but I didn't tell you :p

Jonien
09-04-2005, 03:17 PM
LOL..... shes only just into her 30's... but I didn't tell you :p

Tam now you realy do deserve a slap

Tamara Croft
09-04-2005, 03:22 PM
Tam now you realy do deserve a slap
:cry: but I wus only sayin :D (she's 31)

Wendy me
09-04-2005, 03:24 PM
dressing your age never ...

heatherCD8772
09-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Well. I believe you can dress in whatever age range you want as long as you can pull it off. Me I tend to dress in the young adult type things(18-25 or so) but then again I am only 22 so I guess it fits me well.

Jonien
09-04-2005, 04:09 PM
:cry: but I wus only sayin :D (she's 31)

Still a lot older than you then Tamara

Tamara Croft
09-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Still a lot older than you then TamaraUhm.... nope...... I'm older than Tam.... :D

MsEva
09-04-2005, 04:19 PM
You look like a baby Tamara!! I would have to card you at a seven eleven if I worked there! hehe :rolleyes:

Georgette
09-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Still a lot older than you then Tamara
I drees to the age I want not what I am, age is only a state of mind and my mind does wonder at times right now I feel like 30ish , and you wouldn't get me to dress my actual age I would be in a granny dress and shawl and look like I belonged in a nursing home. Nuff said I'll git now. :rolleyes: :love:

Kimberly
09-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Georgette, I love your name! xx

MsEva
09-04-2005, 04:21 PM
And your avatar too!!

Georgette
09-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Thanks I got it from the clothing style line. Yes I am possibly one of the more senior girls here but as I said I dress 30ish and love it. ;)

Tamara Croft
09-04-2005, 04:26 PM
You look like a baby Tamara!! I would have to card you at a seven eleven if I worked there! hehe :rolleyes:OMG!!! LOL.... if only :D I'm def heading for 35 this year :(

Jonien
09-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Uhm.... nope...... I'm older than Tam.... :D

Tam That was a compliment

MsEva
09-04-2005, 04:36 PM
OMG!!! LOL.... if only :D I'm def heading for 35 this year :(

Like I said ..a baby!! :)

Tamara Croft
09-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Tam That was a complimentOh.... :o

A baby....... awwwww..... I don't feel like one ;)

Brenda Elizabeth
09-04-2005, 04:44 PM
I always dress my age, whatever it is.

love
brenda XXX

Deanna2
09-04-2005, 04:58 PM
My motto has always been that 'whilst I may be getting older, I refuse to grow up'.

Like Brenda Elizabeth said I always dress my age. In my fantasy world I can be any age I want to be. I love miniskirts and cami tops. So work out my age from that.

Luvya

Rachael Warren
09-04-2005, 05:33 PM
I have been told to dress my age, but this is my best outfit! :(

I am 38, but feel like 16!

Someone did mention leather miniskirt and size 12!

Rachael. :D

Tamara Croft
09-04-2005, 05:44 PM
Ah.... so this the picture that was just taken hmm Rachael :p

Nite nite ;)

Rachael Warren
09-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Ah.... so this the picture that was just taken hmm Rachael :p

Nite nite ;)

Oooh, well I just couldn't resist!

And there are spys everywhere, everywhere I tell you!

I'm not paranoid, he is! :D

Sorry folks, a private joke!

Rachael. :)

Khriss
09-04-2005, 06:22 PM
yeah,,, mini skirts,thigh boots,fishnet stockings and pvc,hmmm my age must be,about 1969 :eek: :D ,though "whats old is new again" in many respects-eh?? xx "K"
I don't feel bound to any "style" or era realy ,I kinda like fetish ,and goth style of today though- (she said-bound,,heh heh) :p

Jasmine Marrie
09-04-2005, 06:28 PM
i would dress they way i wanted to to and wouldn't care what people tought.

Jodi
09-04-2005, 06:34 PM
Age is a state of mind. I am 60, but am told I look 40ish when dressed. I dress to go out in the real world, not just a club. I would love to wear short mini's and tight tops--(I'm told I have the legs to pull it off), but other than a tranny club, it would be inappropriate for a woman in her 40's and 50's. When I wear a skirt, it is cut at the knee or just below. I also do nice dressy pants on many occasions when out. Tops are just loose fitting enough to try to hide my lack of hips. BTW blazers and cardigans are great for camoflaging the hips. I wear my 3-1/2-4" heels. Women in their 40's do still wear heels. I believe I can dress fashionably and still dress my age. I know I can't do the tight halter tops, the short, tight minis and the very high 5-6" heels. That would be dressing like a teeny bopper.

Jodi

urban gypsy
09-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Racheal

you just had to show off your lovely boots again, but what great outfit to put them with.

Emily Ann Brown
09-04-2005, 08:21 PM
I should be smart and keep my mouth shut but those that know me well......

Just my opinion....dress any way you feel at home. If you want to blend out in public dress appropriate to the age you LOOK. I dress 35-40 in public because I don't think I look 54. If I thought I did I would dress a neat 54. If you don't care if you get read......dress 18 in public.

Just my opinion......

Emily Ann

Karren H
09-04-2005, 09:23 PM
I should be smart and keep my mouth shut but those that know me well......
Just my opinion....dress any way you feel at home. If you want to blend out in public dress appropriate to the age you LOOK. I dress 35-40 in public because I don't think I look 54. If I thought I did I would dress a neat 54. If you don't care if you get read......dress 18 in public.
Just my opinion......
Emily Ann

Love your first line!! Is that dress in public or undress in public??? Or partially dressed??? Just my opinion too!!!! Hehehehe

Luv Karren

Debbie Kong
09-04-2005, 09:51 PM
I'm 62 and dress to what I like

I think you look fabulous in this http://www.mightykong.com/cdforum/jonienavatar16.gif picture.

If you look good you are dressed appropriately and I like your style. Many aging celeberities still dress sexy so why can't we. Liz Taylor comes to mind.

Me? I almost exclusively spend my "out" time in clubs so I'm not worried about portraying my age correctly. My choice in fashion might give it away though.

Happy dressing!

Debbie

Emily Ann Brown
09-04-2005, 10:33 PM
My dear sister Karren,

Why did I know you would love that first sentence?? (giggle giggle)

And for the record.....I looked like a 35-40 year old lady in my bra in public.

Emily Ann

Jonien
09-05-2005, 01:17 PM
OMG!!! LOL.... if only :D I'm def heading for 35 this year :(

35 ha I bet you still have to carry an ID to bye boose

Rachael Warren
09-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Hi Christina, I hope you didn't mind my little intrusion, I couldn't resist! ;)

Hugs, Rachael. :)

Jonien
09-05-2005, 04:41 PM
I have been told to dress my age, but this is my best outfit! :(

I am 38, but feel like 16!

Someone did mention leather miniskirt and size 12!

Never mind the nini skirt that furry top I could kill for so lucky for u I'm a size 14:rotflmao:

Rachael Warren
09-05-2005, 04:49 PM
Never mind the nini skirt that furry top I could kill for so lucky for u I'm a size 14:rotflmao:

Skirt is a size 12, top is a 14, want to borrow?

After all I have to look for older stuff now, now what do 25 year olds wear, got to push a little eh? :dance:

Love Rachael. :D

Jonien
09-05-2005, 04:55 PM
Skirt is a size 12, top is a 14, want to borrow?

After all I have to look for older stuff now, now what do 25 year olds wear, got to push a little eh? :dance:

Love Rachael. :D

gi me gi me gi me

or Die

Got to go think of a devious plan now don't go way

JayeEdgar
09-05-2005, 05:28 PM
I started late in life (mid 50's) so at first I wanted to try all sorts of ensembles: sexy looks with tight skirts and tops, bright red lipstick and impossibly high heels. The clothes were much too young for me, but since I was closeted no one was going to see me, and I indulged myself.

When I began to go out, I settled on a more matronly (but hopefully, not dowdy) look: below-the-knee-length skirts, and long-sleeved tops (to hide the hair on my arms, which I cannot shave without risking speculation at work), 2-1/2 to 3 in heels, toned down makeup. I always get a professional makeover which includes taping my face tissue to the skull cap under my wig--this reduces some of the facial sagging brought on by age--so I look somewhat younger than I am when they finish with me.

At home, I sometimes wear a very dignified dress (which would be suitable for church were it not red), a hat with a veil, and some gloves. I especially wear this on holidays, such as Easter, and an occasional Sunday. Though I never go out this way, I enjoy dressing up for Sunday. I still have the younger, sexier outfits, which I wear at home when the mood strikes me.

Rachael Warren
09-05-2005, 06:20 PM
gi me gi me gi me

or Die

Got to go think of a devious plan now don't go way

Waiting dear!

Georgette
09-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Is this appropiate for me, now be honest girls this is 30ish isn't? ;)

Rachael Warren
09-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Is this appropiate for me, now be honest girls this is 30ish isn't? ;)

I love the length, but for you if you want to show so much breast, maybe something more flowing and hanging to the knee? Floral maybe?

Nice legs by the way!

Julie
09-05-2005, 07:09 PM
Jonien,

I dress my mental age. I'm 54 and, from what I've seen of the majority of 54 year old women, I'd never be caught dead looking like that. But there are some my age who dress with class and style and I like that, but those clothes can get quite expensive. Since I'd never get to wear them for social gatherings, I can't justify the expense.

Most of my outings are to night clubs or TG friendly bars. The place I'm going and the mood I'm in dictate what I'll wear. I am typically mistaken to be in my early 40's and I'd say the clothes I wear are in line with that age. I'm most often dressed casually in attire that anyone from their 20's to 50's might wear, especially if they just came from playing golf :D . FORE!

Georgette
09-05-2005, 07:31 PM
I love the length, but for you if you want to show so much breast, maybe something more flowing and hanging to the knee? Floral maybe?

Nice legs by the way!

I have one on the way it will be here in two weeks, gawd I love e-bay. :)

Rachael Warren
09-06-2005, 01:45 AM
I have one on the way it will be here in two weeks, gawd I love e-bay. :)

Ebay is almost a girls best freind.

I try to avoid buying on it though, strangely I feel more worried about being "read" on ebay than I do posting pictures here.

Hmmm, thats stupid isn't it?

Maybe I'll set up a femme account! ;)

Rachael, having a blonde moment! :)

Jonien
09-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Thanks for all the advice I'm still not shore so I think i'll have to take a few pics the weekend of a few outfits to see what you think of my choices

Rachael Warren
09-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Thanks for all the advice I'm still not shore so I think i'll have to take a few pics the weekend of a few outfits to see what you think of my choices

That dress looks lovely on you Christina, I love the colour!

Imogen_Mann
09-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Me ? Younger but not vulgar (Like hell not :D )

XX

Jayme

christine55
09-10-2005, 12:26 PM
Most women dress dowdy as they get older because they see no point in looking nice. Many have given up and let themselves go. Not much point in trying to look like them. There are still many, many women in their forties, fifties and even sixties who still look good and make an effort to dress and look their best. You won't see them in miniskirts but they do wear some very feminine and appealing outfits. You will probably have to type this link into your address bar.
Hugs, Christine
http://www.amerimark.com/cgi-bin/amerimark/cate_id/appldrjmp/item_browse.html

Rachael Warren
09-10-2005, 12:59 PM
Me ? Younger but not vulgar (Like hell not :D )

XX

Jayme

Ditto!

Rachael. :)

Maddie Knight
09-10-2005, 01:01 PM
I think I dress my age.
Lisa (my fiance) is the same age as me and we dress quite similar, we even have some of the same clothes, only in different sizes.

Khriss
09-10-2005, 03:12 PM
-so skintight pvc in red is...vulgar? hmmm -oh well-hehe :rolleyes: -"K"

Tristen Cox
09-10-2005, 03:24 PM
-so skintight pvc in red is...vulgar? hmmm -oh well-hehe :rolleyes: -"K"
Not with the appropriate set of matching thigh high boots ;)

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-10-2005, 04:46 PM
Most women dress dowdy as they get older because they see no point in looking nice. Many have given up and let themselves go.

Unfortunately true. It's one thing to dress more comfortably and practically, but in many of these cases it seems like their appearance reflects an inner drabness they're feeling. As I've said before, you're only drab if you allow youself to be (regardless of which sex you are).

The interesting thing to me about "What Not to Wear" and "Queer Eye" is how changing what one would think are superficial things so often seems to trigger a huge boost in confidence. Maybe it's less the change in clothes as much as someone believing in them.

Imogen_Mann
09-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Unfortunately true. It's one thing to dress more comfortably and practically, but in many of these cases it seems like their appearance reflects an inner drabness they're feeling. As I've said before, you're only drab if you allow youself to be (regardless of which sex you are).

The interesting thing to me about "What Not to Wear" and "Queer Eye" is how changing what one would think are superficial things so often seems to trigger a huge boost in confidence. Maybe it's less the change in clothes as much as someone believing in them.

Sorry... don't want to sound like I'm living in the third world here... I don't have a telly in my home (won't have one, they bore too many brain cells to death), so I have no real idea what youre on about, not having watched either show. However, from my own personal expeirence, I can say that yes, a superficial change can and does boost the confidence. This I know, since after the departure of my ex, I went out every month with a few put aside quid, and spent in on new clothes (drab and not so drab) and have moved from a man with a lot of nothing very much in his wardrobe ('s) to a man with a fair bit, and some damn cool trainers too... and yes, a HUGE ego and confidence boost has been noted by me, and by other friends, family and even people at work.

It's not really about age, I think, it's about how you feel as a person, that tells you how to dress. There's guys out there who are 55 years old at the age of fifteen, I've met a few, yet there's people who get to 99 and still have the vigour and mental attitude of a tearaway teen. Who cares what you look like or dress like, does it matter if someone's dressed a bit young, or a bit old ? Society may think so, but hey... F**k society !

XX

Jayme

Akyra
09-10-2005, 10:17 PM
if i dwessed mi age id be in the sixth dam grade agian...bah!!!

Celeste GG
09-11-2005, 12:16 AM
Just dress and make em guess!

Isn't it wonderful how dressing up with care and class can make you look 10 to 20 years younger.

Yipes... you should see me with out my makeup!

Tristen Cox
09-11-2005, 05:49 AM
Just dress and make em guess!

Isn't it wonderful how dressing up with care and class can make you look 10 to 20 years younger.

Yipes... you should see me with out my makeup!
Aww now that I can not believe Celeste, some GGs just look great no matter what they do or don't do. Even if they're holding a *eh hem* whip! :eek:

Rachel Ann
09-11-2005, 02:17 PM
But I think it boils down to the age when she actually started dressing enfemme. I guess that makes her fem age about 18 - 20...
Well, if you subtract the time that my boy had me in stasis (out of sight, out of mind?), I am about 19 or 20 (he's 60). I suppose that's why I'm so much more interested in things like makeup and clothes than more mature women.

However, I try to dress appropriately for an over-35 lady.

cd_isabelle
09-11-2005, 07:49 PM
hello all,

i would say dress how you feel, forget what others think, if you are comfortable and confident, isnt that all that matters.

i am rather lucky in that i started dressing when i was about 16 and am 21 now so i am in my younger years, but believe me all the help i can get is needed.

i love to dress my age, thats kinda obvious, but i say dress how you feel.

all the best.

kisses,

cd_isabelle