PDA

View Full Version : The Red Dress Picture

Julie
09-04-2005, 08:11 AM
Since my sisters here 'made' me buy this absolutely fabulous dress I figured I'd 'make' you see what you 'forced' me into. Oh the pain!

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/9-05/juliereddress.jpg

I tried 'enhancements' to make it look more femme but they just didn't work so this is w/o padding or cinchers. I have a halter bra on and some help on top but the rest is just me.

The dress is awesome to walk in but the heels aren't. Oh, gee, I had to walk all the way downstairs! If I wore this last night I never would have arrived. I'd be sitting on the curb rubbing my feet!

Clare
09-04-2005, 08:21 AM
Red hot Girl!!!

What a beautifully designed dress.

What's wrong with shoes? Heels to high for ya? Or the straps don't fit well?

Christine

Billijo49504
09-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Hubba hubba, What a hot babe!!!You look great, and so does the dress,WOW!

Tamara Croft
09-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Good grief woman!!! WTH do you want enhancements for??? What I wouldn't give to be rid of my hips and thighs and......... oh don't even get me started :p

You look fab Julie :D and the shoes...... well.... you could of just taken them off and walked with them in your hands :lol: I would have....

Kimberly
09-04-2005, 08:57 AM
Wow... you look lovely, honey!! And no enhancements...? Enhancements are so over-rated!

Jenny Beth
09-04-2005, 09:50 AM
Great outfit! I guess I'm one of the sisters who "made" you buy it so I am sorry to hear the shoes weren't comfortable. I have a couple of pairs of ankle strap heels and I can't wear them for long either. If the straps are tight it hurts like hell but if they aren't I feel like I'm going to fall out of them.

Toyah
09-04-2005, 09:53 AM
Dont see anyone being forced, you look adorable love the dress :)

Adrianne
09-04-2005, 09:58 AM
julie marie you look great, the dress looks perfect on you.

Adrianne.

cosmolovesph
09-04-2005, 10:14 AM
The dress looks great on you, don't worry about it!!

The shoes also look great, sorry they are not comfortable, maybe some time to break them in?

Lauren_T
09-04-2005, 10:35 AM
Just loverly! :thumbsup:

I'm jealous, 'cuz I'll never get away w/ wearing red!

urban gypsy
09-04-2005, 11:08 AM
wow what a dress and what a look with no enhancements, Oh the pain of being forced to look so good.

Priscilla1018
09-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Hi Julie,

The dress is fantastick and,as always,you're looking great.

Marla GG
09-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Halters really do suit you, Julie. And the hemline calls attention to your shapely legs in a very classy way. You look gorgeous in that dress! Pity about the shoes...maybe you could wear it with one of your other strappy pairs, like black or white ones.

gennee
09-04-2005, 12:46 PM
Julie:

The dress absolutely beautiful on you! Red is you. Don't need accesories. Way to go, girl! :whistling :thumbsup:

Gennee :)

Rachael Warren
09-04-2005, 12:58 PM
Love it Julie!:thumbsup:

The hemline really draws the eye.

I don't know how it would behave on a windy day though. :rolleyes:

Love, Rachael. :)

Olivia
09-04-2005, 01:32 PM
Very nice Julie! The dress, the shoes and you look great. Olivia

tifftg
09-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Just all around awesome look girl. That dress fits you so well and accentuates all the right parts. Enjoy the beautiful side you bring to everything.

Tiff

eleventhdr
09-04-2005, 01:41 PM
But do you have it in Blue!. Suzy!.

Jenny Beth
09-04-2005, 02:11 PM
Pity about the shoes...maybe you could wear it with one of your other strappy pairs, like black or white ones.

White shoes after Labour Day? That's supposed to be a no no but I'm not sure why, someone please enlighten me.

Stephanie Mancini
09-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Julie the dress is so you, what a nice figure you have ,like to see the dress again with you wearing black shoes as i feel they would be a better balance for the hemline of the dress

Steph

Khriss
09-04-2005, 04:54 PM
-red is sooo- Great on You! Though I see no sling for Your "twisted arm" hehe...and Julie the shoes look great too,but like many of mine- have comfort and practicality issues-eh? ;) nice pic (redundant statement :D ) "K"

susandrea
09-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Wow. The dress is "you"!

I coulda warned you about the shoes, though. Dang!

Pain is not sexy! Can you send them back?

I found these at Payless, only $17.00. I know how you like wedges, and these are sexy but look fairly comfortable. Don't worry that they're black, It'll be okay. You have such dark hair so it works.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/susansqueezy/042090_beauty.gif

And don't get the wide width unless you really think you'll need it, otherwise they'll slip off.

You can order them from here:

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/SLCategory.aspx?SLC=WomensSandals&TLC=Womens&pgNbr=4

Whatever you end up with, the dress looks sensational on you. Sexy but not ****ty. Good girl! :) :thumbsup:

P.S. You hit it right with the jewelry, too.

Sara60
09-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Nice dress Julie. I myself love the colour red for a dress.

norbie
09-05-2005, 07:13 AM
:) Yes just great this red Dress on you.
The Shoes are painful?
Just think how much GG's go through to be beautyful for their man. I absolutly love this shoes on you, and all I can say is bite your tooth together and wear it in wear it every day till you get used to it. Its wert a little pain because you look so good in it. :thumbsup:
Big Hugs and encouragement to fight pain and wear this great shoes!
Norbie

norbie
09-05-2005, 07:19 AM
And don't take notice of dear Tamara, she is a lovely little wimp in taking shoes off.
(would love to get my Hands on her, I would lace her in the tightest corset and lock 6" heels on her :D )
:p Norbie

wendyxdress
09-05-2005, 07:19 AM
I think you look stunning.... I've little red dress but I dont look that good

cosmolovesph
09-05-2005, 07:42 AM
And don't take notice of dear Tamara, she is a lovely little wimp in taking shoes off.
(would love to get my Hands on her, I would lace her in the tightest corset and lock 6" heels on her :D )
:p Norbie

That sounds like fun (but that's for another forum) :D

Julie
09-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

You've probably heard the saying, "Vanity, thy name is woman" many times. I don't know if it's so much vanity as it is being hyper critical of myself but I was reluctant to even post that picture. I won't go into the reasons why I'll just say I didn't like it. (This once again makes me wonder just how deep the femme part of my brain goes!)

I love the dress! It feels better than it looks! The heels are a bit uncomfortable but not bad for short distances, like from the car to the front door of a night club. I'm sure I could last the night standing and sitting. But Friday I went out with my :love: and had to park about a mile from the club we went to or pay $$$ for parking. That walk would have rendered my feet useless in those heels.

As far as alternate color heels I was thinking silver. I imagined that with a silver purse. It seems to add a bit more class to the dress.

The dress came with a red scarf that I'm using to hide the fact I don't have my nails polished. They are in a bad state due to having had the acrylics on for so long. I found if you go acrylics you'd better plan on having keeping them for the long run and keeping up with fills, etc. But the scarf gives the dress a classier, more formal look too.

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/9-05/juliereddress2.jpghttps://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/9-05/juliereddress3.jpghttps://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/9-05/juliereddress4.jpg

With silver heels, purse and scarf I think it would add some color variety and give the outfit a dressier look. And with the red flower in the hair I think that would 'top' it off nicely.

Sherlyn
09-05-2005, 08:46 AM
I think your right Julie !!!:) however the dress still looks very nice on you ...I have but 2 dresses... I must shop for more now its fall

Tristen Cox
09-05-2005, 08:57 AM
I have only..THREE words for you....

I hate you Julie :mad: :p

Julie
09-05-2005, 09:10 AM
I have only..THREE words for you....

I hate you Julie :mad: :p

That brought tears to my eyes.......................................

from laughing so hard! :lol:

And I hate you too, my dear.

Actually, that's probably the best compliment a girl can get! :D

Tristen Cox
09-05-2005, 09:15 AM
Ok ok

<suck up mode on> You look smashing, fandamtabulous, stunning(wanna date?) lurvly, wonderful.. *erm lots of other big complimentary words* (sure you don't wanna date?) </suck up mode off>

I don't really hate you, yes I do, no I don't, yes I do *slaps self* No not really...it's this envy thing....(sure you don't wanna date though?)

[Julie logs in the moderator panel - bans Tristen]

Julie
09-08-2005, 12:32 AM
Sorry Babe, I forgot the purse! I'll do a retake later!

JocelynG
09-08-2005, 11:40 AM
You truely look amazing Julie. A true Lady in Red

Christina
09-08-2005, 03:16 PM
:drool: Wow Julie. You look absolutely smashing!

Donna
09-08-2005, 05:06 PM
I can;t add another word to what's been said - Julie you look fabulous! I am so happy for you! Your sisters did a wonderful job and you wear it well!

Donna