PDA

View Full Version : 0.7 whr?

OccasionalSkirt
09-25-2010, 06:44 PM
So I was reading an article that said research shows a waist to hip ratio in women of 0.7 is the most desirous for men. Has anyone ever paid attention to what their whr is when getting dressed up, and if so, did a 0.7 make you look more feminine?

Karren H
09-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Well I either need to get lipo or buy more butt padding or both.... Maybe if I tell everyone I'm 0.7 it will make me pass better? This isn't NASCAR... Just because you get the proper stats doesn't mean your going to win let alone let on the race track... And I'm not really trying to attract men.. And for me its more about my attidue... 0.95 x100 percent and 0.05 x 100 percent of the time the 0.70 is important so that's a waited average of .0035? Still can't hit that... Maybe .7/.05.....

Short answer... Nope.. Not important to me...

suchacutie
09-25-2010, 07:36 PM
Ok...let's see. My hips are 37.5, so I'd need a 26.25 inch waist. Since all the size charts keeps a 10 inch difference for most small sizes (actually most sizes, period), I was trying to target 38" for my hips (with some help) and 28 for my waist. I figured if I could get down to 32 inches (I've been there before) I could take the rest down with a corset. Even just a waist cincher brings me down to 32 as I am now, but 26.5....not a chance, really.

And why would I do this? Like Karren, I'm not trying to attract a man, but I do like my feminine figure when I look in the mirror? Heck, maybe I really am trying to attract myself!

tina

eluuzion
09-26-2010, 02:48 AM
That is one of the many "perception" calculations from some of the studies conducted regarding "attractiveness ratios related to physical attributes. (like symetry of facial features, etc). There is one interesting article that discusses the physical proportion ratios of Barbie Dolls. No wonder girls grow up with unrealistic expectations!

Remember, "it is not what is on the outside that is important...It is how much money you make". hehehehe

charlotte_sp
09-26-2010, 03:23 AM
@OS: Males tend to have narrower hips than females. Fat also goes to our gut area rather than the hips and breasts. So in any case, it's usually a good plan to wear clothes that give the illusion of wider hips and narrower waist. For example, layered skirts that flare out are one trick to hiding narrow hips.

Also, males tend to have larger ribcages (proportional to their height), so the ribs tend to stick out more and get in the way of things like waist cinchers.

Most women would have trouble hitting the 0.7 ratio, so it's kind of a pipe dream for most of us D:
I would need about 23 inches, which would involve removing ribs and/or organs...so yeah not going to happen XD

Christy_M
09-26-2010, 11:08 AM
When I get dressed, the last thing I want to do is math...who comes up with this stuff. This just sounds like another way to make people feel insecure about their appearance (male, female and TG)

nikkijo
09-27-2010, 12:04 AM
and here i thought i was doing ok with 34 29 36..... damnit all...... to bad if i was 5 ft 7 id look all cruvy and cute... but at 6 ft 3 i just look like a stick... so agravating

dilane
09-27-2010, 12:34 AM
My natural measurements are 29.5 and 37. I add some to the hips and bring it to 29.5 and 39, a .75 ratio, not as barbie like as the .70 ratio but good enough to get compliments. A GG on Saturday said to me: "You've got such a cute figure", so I guess that's close enough.

I refuse to cinch my waist -- I like to be comfortable. I'd rather work out and keep my waist trim.

erickka
09-27-2010, 06:11 AM
When I'm dressed with my normal padding, no cincher, I'm a 41 29 42, which actually (at least in the mirror) looks fairly well proportioned for my height and bone structure. I say to hell with the numbers, as long as you feel good about yourself.

Jorja
09-27-2010, 06:49 AM
.7 whr? huh? My male chest is 53". My waist is is 34" and my hips are 34". I am blessed with no ass. What's a girl to do?

Asako
09-27-2010, 07:11 AM
*cough* "For every boy struggling not to let advertising dictate his desires, there is a girl facing the ad industry's attacks on her self-esteem." I believe that says it all about this. XD

Michelle55
09-27-2010, 01:05 PM
I read that a long time ago and did a few estimate of GGs to see if it held true. The best I could tell was that for the most attractive women it was true, but most women were not quite able to reach it.
In drab I have a .95+ whr due to very slim hips. In femme I always wear a Veronica II and I'm able to get to .72 whr with a waist cincher. This helps greatly in passing the initial look test, and I rarely get read as male without a close look at my neck and face.
So yes I think it helps, but most people will have a tough time getting there. I think the article said that was the ideal ratio.

suchacutie
09-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Hang on to your waist cinchers, girls....We were looking to buy my adult daughter some jeans and she told me her waist and hip measurments...ratio....are you ready?

sigh

Shananigans
09-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Get a corset and call it a day.