PDA

View Full Version : voice

OccasionalSkirt
09-25-2010, 10:45 PM
So, I'm curious, how many people have spent time a developed a female voice, and if so, what did you do to get it? Id like to be able to switch between male and female voice, and since I spend an hour in my car alone each day driving to work (one way!), I think I would be able to practice if I knew what I was doing.

renee k
09-25-2010, 10:54 PM
That's actually a great idea. Singing along to a female vocalist is a great way to get on your way to female voice. Also there are several You Tube videos to help you along as well.

Renee

RachelZ
09-25-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm in the on going process of perfecting my girl voice. My natural voice is deep and cracky, but because I practice I can do a surprisingly good female voice. I have the sweet playful voice down, but I need to continue practicing my regular female speech voice because it needs more work. I am able to switch back and forth whenever I want to. It comes in handy for making those three in the morning alcohol fueled prank calls. :P

The best thing to do is to watch vids about voice training on youtube and practice. Sitting in a car one hour everyday would be an excelent time to practice. That's the best way to do it. Practice Practice Practice

Loni
09-26-2010, 12:16 AM
i just started a class at a local collage. it is a voice training class and we are all cross dressers or trans gendered.
only had one class so far. but if this stuff works i will post up.

remember ...snort...snort...snort....hiss.

Danielle Gee
09-26-2010, 08:05 AM
I'm a singer in a Blues Band, and one of the first things I learned was the "voice" you hear in your head sounds very little like the voice others hear. So practiceing your "female" voice in the car is practically pointless.

Purchase a good quality voice recorder and practice with it. then listen to your "female" voice on payback..you'll get a much better idea of what others hear wha you speak

Daniellle:)

gretchen2
09-26-2010, 08:19 AM
http://www.exceptionalvoice.com/voicefeminization.html

Helen_Highwater
09-26-2010, 04:33 PM
The is of course a recorder built into Windows. Start-Programs-Accessories-Entertainment for XP users. All you need is a mic assuming you have audio card in your PC. You can record up to 60 seconds at a time.
My problem is, it sounds like me and I know it but does your fem voice always reflect your original self? That's the question.

stefanie
09-27-2010, 12:05 PM
hope this works for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7qSJ19f_QU

Yolanda_Voils
09-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Once when my g/f was videoing, and I was unaware, I was in the act of mocking a woman with car troubles.

She said later when playing back the tape that she was confused as to who the "woman" on the tape was..

I can do pretty well, untill the stress hits, then it's back to baratone :(

docrobbysherry
09-27-2010, 08:42 PM
However, a can count the number of girls that sounded fem there on the fingers of one hand! After trying it once, I GAVE UP!:sad:

It felt ODD to try to sound fem, when nearly everyone else sounded like a man!:brolleyes:

Asako
09-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Eh, I've only gotten my voice "out of my chest" so I sound like a light voiced guy for now. Working on it little by little. I've found my body and mind doesn't handle constant practice every day but I try to let no more than 3 days go past without practicing. Though, I do my practice through singing than talking since it feels more natural. I sing along with just about anything unless I know the vocals are way outside the realm of what I can do. ;P *cough*Rush*cough*Elfin Lied*cough*I ron Maiden*cough* Those, I can't do justice no matter how much I try. XD So, yea. That's how I work on my "femme" voice.

suchacutie
09-27-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm one of the folks who practiced in the car on the way to work, but my practice was practical in that I was working to get the voice out of my "chest" in order to shut down the bass resonance. The other part of the practice was simply to talk and get used to talking without that resonance. The world changes when you have to use other parts of the language to generate inflection, and this takes practice for it to become natural. I completely agree that when it comes time to decide upon final pitch that recording is helpful, and I did turn a recorder on in the car for my drive in (my PDA) so even that was accomplished.

Even after the pitch is correct and it's easy to get there, it really is important to learn how to use the language and how to make the inflections you want. I suddenly found myself embarassed when I realize that I had gotten a little too girly, but then realized that maybe that was just my old self looking at my new self in a bad way. That last step takes someone listening to you that you trust, and making a decision about what kind of vocal presentation you really desire to go along with your personality.

:)

tina

linda allen
09-28-2010, 08:35 AM
If you use your computer or a recorder to practice, remember to erase the results before the wrong person hears them.

Marilyn Beck
09-28-2010, 03:09 PM
I also practice my femme voice while driving. Occasionally, I call my voice mail and leave myself a silly message so I can hear how I sound. Please note, however, that talking on a cell phone while driving can be dangerous, so be sure to put down your beer first.

tricia_uktv
09-28-2010, 05:11 PM
The trouble is its not just the voice, its the intonation. I can do a pretty good girly 'yes, no, please and thankyou' but putting a sentence together is something else altogether. I did sing along to girl bands in the car and feel that helped. I also used my PC to record to my voice so I could see the issues. The sound in your head seems so unnatural but actually isn't as bad as you think, just like your pictures. I have decided that to be convincing will take a great deal of time and effort. It is not at the top of my agenda for the moment though.