PDA

View Full Version : Went golfing as Vicky for the first time

VickyMI
09-26-2010, 03:28 PM
I finally got the chance to go golfing as Vicky last week while on vacation in Michigan. My SO and I went to a course not too far from the cottage we were renting for the week. I had bought female golf shoes on ebay prior to leaving on vacation. I also moved my clubs to a female looking bag I found in the basement. My regular golf bag has my male name embroided on it so that would have definetly looked wierd.

Anyway, I was quite nervous when we went into the pro shop, but I let my SO do all of the talking to check us in. Then off to the first tee. The course was kind of empty so I did not feel too self conscious. Had to use the port-a-johns as I could not go in the woods as I usually would do in drab mode.

The highlight was the 18th hole as there was about 30 guys from an outing hanging around the balcony of the pro shop looking out over the 18th green. We both hit it close to the pin but missed our birdie putts. The guys on the balconey were talking and cheering for us during our putting. I was nervous I would do something "male like" right in front of everyone but did not mess up.

I play quite a bit (almost 100 rounds a year) Funny thing was I shot about my average score 78, even though I was playing from the red tees. I thought I would really go low that day but did not.

Outside of playing in tournaments it was the most fun I have had on a golf course. We were going to do it again later in the week but it rained that day. :(

Anyway I attached a few photos of the day.

Can't wait to try tennis some day.

renee k
09-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Very cool Vicky! Love the shot of you in the cart!

Renee

BRANDYJ
09-26-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm jealous! I was a golf pro and owned my own custom club fitting shop as well as being a swing coach (including some tour players) and teacher. You have no idea how much I miss it. Not only am I jealous of you playing the red markers dressed fem, but also that you are in SE Michigan where my SO lives...for now. sigh

Now most will critique your clothes, but the darn ole golf pro in me is coming out. I can tell you are a low handicapper based on your set up with the metal wood. If your swing models your setup, you look professional! Your arms are out in front of your chest and hanging freely from your relaxed shoulders. Your head is up and eyes are looking down due the the great posture bending from the hips to lower your eyes...Notice I did not say head....bending the neck down is not good. The only thing I think I wold do is widen the stance a few inches to where your shoulder width is in-between your heels. NOT shoulder width to the outside of your feet. This would allow for more power without you doing anything else. Love that hip/waist line...oops! I mean in a golfing sense! lol But then again...nice!

Even your putting stance looks good! Eyes are in a line directly over the ball. Again, good balance in the address position. Yep, it's clear to see you are an excellent golfer. Oh, before this golf pro forgets, you look good in the outfit too! No, I would not have mistaken you for a guy.
Oh, do I see KZG club heads on one or more of your metal woods? Sure looks like the ones I used to build and sell. And is that a Tigress head cover behind you in the cart? Surely it can't be a Tiger! lol

windycissy
09-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Excellent, congratulations! You look great!

BRANDYJ
09-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Hey Cissy, you started something with your golf outing. lol So tell me, does golf lead to crossdressing ...or is it crossdressers love to play golf? Inquiring minds want to know! lol

SherriePall
09-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Brandy -- I guess I'll have to take up golf so that I can dress. Vicky, love the way you look out on the course. And, yes, Cissy, you must have started something.

Carole
09-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Puts a new meaning to the word 'Birdie' in my eyes.............

LitaKelley
09-26-2010, 05:46 PM
That is so awesome. :)

BRANDYJ
09-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Brandy -- I guess I'll have to take up golf so that I can dress. Vicky, love the way you look out on the course. And, yes, Cissy, you must have started something.

Hey Sherrie, In short time we can have enough girls to have an annual tournament. Of course for the girls that don't play, they can man the beer carts! lol

In golf a thing called a mulligan is used by some amateur players. It's a "do over" But now I think I'll need a "makeover" instead!:daydreaming::battingeyelashes::)

PretzelGirl
09-26-2010, 06:03 PM
Looking great Vickie! It sounds like you had lots of fun. I think I am going to need to do this too!

Hey Sherrie, In short time we can have enough girls to have an annual tournament. Of course for the girls that don't play, they can man the beer carts! lol

I might be remembering wrong, but I think there is an annual tournament at Diva Las Vegas.

And [ahem], that would be "womaning" the carts. :heehee:

BRANDYJ
09-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Looking great Vickie! It sounds like you had lots of fun. I think I am going to need to do this too!

I might be remembering wrong, but I think there is an annual tournament at Diva Las Vegas.

And [ahem], that would be "womaning" the carts. :heehee:

You are so right Sue! And maybe it should be pink Chablis wine instead of beer on those carts.:daydreaming:

Alice B
09-26-2010, 06:40 PM
I am also totally jealous. That is one of my dreams and some day I will make it happen. Have been looking for some female golf clothes lately.

BRANDYJ
09-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Hi Alice. I just remembered about a line of women's golf clothes we used to carry in my golf shop. Elaine Benedict is the brand. Like so many of the pricier women's clothes, their stated sizes were larger then what the tag says. I think they do that to boost a woman's ego by allowing them to wear a size that says 14 when in fact it's really most everyone else's size 18! Yes, I have tried on some of those golf outfits when no one was in the shop.

BRANDYJ
09-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Well darn it. I just did a search for Elaine Benedict golf clothes and it appears they are no longer n business. In 1991 it was our best selling line of ladies golf clothes. Right up there with Tail.

AllieSF
09-27-2010, 01:34 AM
Way to go Vicky. I did my first golf outing en femme with Cissy a couple of weeks ago and the second outing combined with a day 2 tennis match en femme is coming up soon. Where and what course did you play? I have played several times in the Detroit area and also several golf outings up at Treetops. Thanks for sharing.

kristinacd55
09-27-2010, 06:16 AM
Vicky, there's no way I would've thought you were a guy! You go girl!! Awesome pics too

Connie D50
09-27-2010, 07:08 AM
That is one of my many dreams. You looked great I would shoot my worst round out of excitement.

Connie[

]I finally got the chance to go golfing as Vicky last week while on vacation in Michigan. My SO and I went to a course not too far from the cottage we were renting for the week. I had bought female golf shoes on ebay prior to leaving on vacation. I also moved my clubs to a female looking bag I found in the basement. My regular golf bag has my male name embroided on it so that would have definetly looked wierd.

Anyway, I was quite nervous when we went into the pro shop, but I let my SO do all of the talking to check us in. Then off to the first tee. The course was kind of empty so I did not feel too self conscious. Had to use the port-a-johns as I could not go in the woods as I usually would do in drab mode.

The highlight was the 18th hole as there was about 30 guys from an outing hanging around the balcony of the pro shop looking out over the 18th green. We both hit it close to the pin but missed our birdie putts. The guys on the balconey were talking and cheering for us during our putting. I was nervous I would do something "male like" right in front of everyone but did not mess up.

I play quite a bit (almost 100 rounds a year) Funny thing was I shot about my average score 78, even though I was playing from the red tees. I thought I would really go low that day but did not.

Outside of playing in tournaments it was the most fun I have had on a golf course. We were going to do it again later in the week but it rained that day. :(

Anyway I attached a few photos of the day.

Can't wait to try tennis some day.[/QUOTE]

Janet Bern
09-27-2010, 07:18 AM
Playing golf as a woman is my dream. I need to find gurls in NJ . Any NJ golfers that care to play?

Jenny Doolittle
09-27-2010, 08:13 AM
HI Vicki,

I agree so much with you about being fun. I went last year while in Myrtle. was a single and was match with a couple from Canada. The wife spoke no english, but I can just imagine all they were talking about in french was not just how beautiful the day was! Anyway. she got a hole in one that day and we went in the clubhouse afterwards fro the traditional drink to toast her good fortune. Was a memorable day.