PDA

View Full Version : Are You Your Own Friend?

CallMeMeg
09-27-2010, 08:49 AM
On Facebook, I mean.

For those of you who have both a male and female page, do you friend yourself, or are you worried that if you did, your other friends (or your female persona's other friends) will catch you and maybe out you?

Chloe Renee
09-27-2010, 09:12 AM
My wife and roomate are friends with personas on Facebook but I'm not. My reason is the femme persona is for people who know me, not everybody that met me in passing. To further that thought most of the people on my friends account are not on my work Facebook either.
It breaks down like this
Ppl on work Facebook 25, consisting of of clients and coworkers zero crossover to the friend profile.
Ppl on male Facebook 237 consisting of friends from conventions family members. If it weren't for running conventions I would consider ax-ing 64 of them, for mow they are useful. Crossover to femme profile 20%

Ppl on female Facebook 20ish. Over half from the male page, a couple have removed the male friend al together and only have the female page. This is also the page I do the most scrubbing on.

If someone wants on any of my pages i add them, I have little concern of being outed.

Daenna Paz
09-27-2010, 09:43 AM
"Never cross the streams" ... LOL!!! :lol::lol2: (hint; think GhostBusters)

Karren H
09-27-2010, 09:54 AM
I have no male presence online... So no...

KarenS
09-27-2010, 11:17 AM
I have only one friend that I have added to both Karen's facebook page and my male facebook pages.

My wife knows I am a CD but she prefers to not hear about Karen's lifestyle and habits. :sad: Additionally, I am rather paranoid about being outed to people at work and my family. :eek: So, I do not cross the contacts with only the one exception.

On the other hand, if someone I have met or talked with online asks to be added, I typically add them. I don't see much point in adding people from other continents so I usually don't add them.

Carly D
09-27-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't have a facebook account as Carly.. Facebook is now preferred by everyone I know and they constantly screw with their privacy settings so I don't trust that site with my Carly pictures and all... Myspace on the other hand I have as Carly and write many entries in the blog and have all the pics that are good enough and some that have a questionable reasoning to be there.. I have my alternate myspace as a friend in both directions.. My Carly myspace is open to be viewed by everyone, while my alternate myspace (private) is closed to everyone and is used as a way for me to write (like a diary) all my ideas and stories and all....

Karren H
09-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Secure? Online? Nothing is secure online! Carly... so if you upload your fem photos anywhere just assume they can and will be hacked and coppied and become public domaoin and be spread all over the web.. I have found mine in the strangest places including in someones video tribute to tg brides!! Lol.

eluuzion
09-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Secure? Online? Nothing is secure online! Carly... so if you upload your fem photos anywhere just assume they can and will be hacked and coppied and become public domaoin and be spread all over the web.. I have found mine in the strangest places including in someones video tribute to tg brides!! Lol.

I’m with Karen…no male online presence for me!
I also am not and will never be a member of Facebook, My Space or anything similar as a male, female, or alien. Too dangerous (privacy issues).

You cannot grow birds by planting birdseed.
There is no such thing as Santa Claus.
There is not such thing as a “coincidence”.
There is no such thing as a “white lie”.
There is no such thing as a female leprechaun.
There is no such thing as “reality”. Only perceptions.

There is no such thing as a “safe” social networking site.

:love:

docrobbysherry
09-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Why would I want to write then read, all the smutty and innuendo filled comments from Robert to Sherry?:brolleyes:

AKAMichelle
09-27-2010, 09:32 PM
I got rid of my male account on facebook. Now I only do the female one and the funny thing is that have 10 times the friends as Michelle. She is so much more popular than male self. :D

"Mary"
09-27-2010, 10:30 PM
"Never cross the streams" ... LOL!!! :lol::lol2: (hint; think GhostBusters)

I just started facebook as my guy self, and this is exactly what I'm thinking. I'm sure some Halloween as Mary/charachter pics will make their way to my guy FB.

Timely topic. Thanks

LitaKelley
09-28-2010, 07:13 PM
I have two profiles.. One for my real name and one for my en femme persona. I did friend my self, but nobody has noticed. I also outed myself to a few friends whom are accepting and they're friends with my en femme persona as well so they can see my photos.

Alice Torn
09-28-2010, 07:49 PM
I googled my male name, and there were all these other guys, then WHAT? There was a Facebook reference to my lady Facebook site!!!!!!!!!!!! Outed! And who knows by now? I ended the account, right now!

jessica stockings
09-29-2010, 03:44 AM
I used to have a male account on facebook, now only a female one on myspace. Result much happier