PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Transformation

Sometimes Steffi
09-27-2010, 06:49 PM
So, I made an appointment with Amanda of True Colors Makeup Artistry for a transformation and photo session in October.

Due to the cost (including travel and an over night stay), I may not get a chance to do this again.

Any advice for making this the most fun and succesful transformation I will ever have?

sissystephanie
09-28-2010, 01:44 AM
My only advice is to take and wear your prettiest things! But you already knew that!! I have done 3 transformations in the over 60 years I have been a CD. All 3 were fantastic, which really doesn't begin to describe what it was like!!! Since I have always lived in large metro areas, I never had to travel far or stay overnight. But you will really enjoy doing it! Hope we get to see some pictures!!

Kelly DeWinter
10-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Amanda, is awesome, She's done a few transformations for me. She has a large selection of outfits to choose from, if you are not sure of what to bring. My suggestion would be 2-3 of your own outfits, including one wild outfit (Amanda loves crazy ideas). Arrive on time. relax. I go out for dinner afterwards, why waste a fantastic makeover, when you can paint the town red afterwards. I had a gallery here of photos from amandas, but the gallerys seem to have dissapeared. IM me if you want me to send you some. By the way I'm near baltimore, so I;ll wave as yoiu go by !

Kelly

Kim_Bitzflick
10-05-2010, 10:53 AM
So, I made an appointment with Amanda of True Colors Makeup Artistry for a transformation and photo session in October.

Due to the cost (including travel and an over night stay), I may not get a chance to do this again.

Any advice for making this the most fun and succesful transformation I will ever have?

That sounds like a fun time. I don't have any advice, but please tell me where this is and how to contact Amanda. I'd like to look into it.

Karren H
10-05-2010, 01:47 PM
I've always wanted to do that... I've chatted with Amanda online and she entered a couple makeup contests over on MakeupTalk and her work is fantastic!! So what's a session cost anyway? Shes only a 3 hour drive from me...

JamieG
10-05-2010, 09:30 PM
That sounds like a fun time. I don't have any advice, but please tell me where this is and how to contact Amanda. I'd like to look into it.

I've always wanted to do that... I've chatted with Amanda online and she entered a couple makeup contests over on MakeupTalk and her work is fantastic!! So what's a session cost anyway? Shes only a 3 hour drive from me...

She's in Bethlehem, PA (less than 2 hours west of NYC and 1 hour north of Philly). You can find information about her services and her portfolio at http://www.truecolorstg.com/ . I highly recommend her. She is great fun to work with and makes me feel very beautiful. I have done two transformations with her; I posted some pics from the first in the picture gallery back in August 2009. I will be posting pics from the second later this week. Also, I'm happy to give advice about the Bethlehem area to anyone who visits.

NikkiW1971
10-06-2010, 12:58 AM
I would bring all of your favorite outfits and maybe your own camera too.

Dawna Ellen Bays
10-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Thank you SO much for this thread! I e-mailed Amanda yesterday, and she replied right away. All that's stopping me now is finding the time to go and the excuse to be away from home!

EDIT: I've been checking out ways to get to Amanda's from where I live. I checked Google Maps, and the street view attached to her address looks like a truck-loading area, without a trace of any kind of beauty salon...

Sometimes Steffi
10-25-2010, 11:07 PM
I had the same problem. Google maps is not perfect. I think they [Google] have the location about a mile further down the road than it really is. I emailed Amanda for specific directions, plus she has some directions posted on her web page. Believe me, it is there. I just got back from there today. Details to follow.

Dawna Ellen Bays
10-31-2010, 01:23 PM
She's in Bethlehem, PA (less than 2 hours west of NYC and 1 hour north of Philly). You can find information about her services and her portfolio at http://www.truecolorstg.com/ . I highly recommend her. She is great fun to work with and makes me feel very beautiful. I have done two transformations with her; I posted some pics from the first in the picture gallery back in August 2009. I will be posting pics from the second later this week. Also, I'm happy to give advice about the Bethlehem area to anyone who visits.

Sorry to trouble you, but what info can you share about the Bethlehem area with regards to a trip to Amanda's? I don't drive, so I'm checking out train and bus information, but I'd be appreciative of any lodging accommodation info you might have. I don't think I'd have the nerve to venture out "en femme" afterward, so I don't think I need any nightlife info! :)

Steffi: I can't WAIT for your report!

Well, I made an appointment to see Amanda in January. She's been very helpful so far. This is a BIG step (out of the closet) for me. I'm ALREADY nervous, and there's two months to go. She'll be the very first person to see me as Dawna. My problem now is that I'm a bigger girl, and I can't shave my legs. My search for opaque dance tights in my size has proved fruitless so far...