PDA

View Full Version : Breaking out

Sweeterica
09-29-2010, 09:28 AM
Im very much a closet dresser, only my wife knows what i do, upto now ive never had the desire or interest to go out enfemme, however recently i have felt the desire to do so. It surprises me i feel like this, has anyone else felt like this,im not sure how well i would cope going out like it.

Dana921
09-29-2010, 09:48 AM
I think it is a natural progression for yourself! Though not for everyone and some do not want to, a good many come to a point they wish to take their dressing / presentation to the next level for themselves. As you build confidence and sometimes it is simply a desire to express yourself fully and have others get to know who you feel you really are! So I would say you have a lot of company!

Dana

Chari
09-29-2010, 10:16 AM
You are feeling the "normal" progression of CDing, and part of getting comfortable with your feminine side. Many of us in this forum have had or have those same feelings. Set yourself a goal by picking a day and place to go. Do a daytime check of where and when you will be going to get an understanding of traffic, people, cars, parking, and what the women are wearing. Put together a similar style outfit that you will be comfortable wearing for that time. Do a "dress rehearsal" (no pun intended) before your "outing day" making certain all items fit well, are age/event appropriate, and you have all your makeup and proper girl accessories to complete your feminine look. Go out the door, be safe, but enjoy this big step in your feminine adventure.

Karren H
09-29-2010, 10:26 AM
For me it was like .... getting all dressed up and pretty and hanging around the house or hotel room just got old... And it was time to do something new and more exciting!!! And omg has it been exciting!! :):):). So be forewarned and prepared because once your out... There is no turning back!!

Janet Bern
09-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Like everyone says it a progression. I finally went out a few yrs ago and now It makes no sense
to do it in the house any more. Like Karen said "It just got old" I did it in small steps.. First time fully
dressed I went to a Macys in the late morning on a weekday and walked around the ladies section.
No one past any notice. So I found out I could do it easily. Just behave.

Gerrijerry
09-29-2010, 02:05 PM
As long as your wife has no problem with it, is all that I would add.

Jessica Who
09-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Yea definitely I want to get out of the house and explore :)

sonna
09-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Yea definitely I want to get out of the house and explore :)

me to i can only drive around in my truck would like to go further

JulieC
09-29-2010, 04:04 PM
I think Dana921 is right, it being a natural progression. For me, forays into 'public' (really, outside without much chance of being seen or if seen detected as CDing) have been about breaking out of being stuck at home and dressed. Being dressed at home sometimes almost feels like a form of jail. All dressed up, no place to go, and here I must sit. Just being able to do something 'normal' while dressed, that doesn't involve being at home, feels like a huge release.

AKAMichelle
09-29-2010, 05:37 PM
I was in the closet until I was 47. That is 42 years of wearing women's clothes and never thinking that I would go out the door dressed. Then everything changed. I knew that it was something that I had to do, so I did it.

CalamityJane
09-29-2010, 06:09 PM
I feel like going out in public everyday, but for a few reasons it cannot be so, mainly it is because I live in a very small village where everyone knows everyone else so word would spread very, very fast so that leaves the only option of visiting a strange town far away from where I live and hope not to meet someone that I know which is not exactly conducive to doing something that you want to enjoy without any hassle.

sterling12
09-29-2010, 06:09 PM
I'll reference Michelle and Janet, and many others. One Day, something just says: "Do it! Enough hanging around The House."

I personally think That Something is your Inner Femme Psyche, and she wants to be free! It so often occurs in Middle-Age, and it seems to happen with breath-taking speed. The Explanations are many, and nobody really knows The Answer; but for some (most?) of Us this is certainly a common phenomenon.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Shapeshiffter
09-29-2010, 06:10 PM
That is how i found this place. The desire to just be a girl, even for a litttle while. It makes me smile just thinking about it.

docrobbysherry
09-29-2010, 08:15 PM
I always wanted to go out dressed! Until I did it! Twice, at the SCC's! :straightface:

The girls I was with were GOOD REASONS to go out dressed!:D

On my own? Naw! WHY!?:eek:

I can't pass! Can't dress the way I like and am I'm USED TO DOING at home! Don't need the STRESS of being discovered!:doh:

Naw! I JUST DON'T NEED IT!:devil:

PretzelGirl
09-29-2010, 09:12 PM
It is an evolution. And I think it isn't just how we go from closeted to whatever level of being out we may be. I recall when I first got here saying I felt like I was on the guy side of being inbetween male and female. Today I would probably say the female side. A lot of TS have said that they would have sworn early on that transition wasn't in their plans. Every part of this will keep evolving for a lot of us (some can happily stay in one place). Enjoy the ride!

LitaKelley
09-29-2010, 10:03 PM
I know how you feel. I want to go out too. I did so far twice, but was mostly in my car and quiet parks.. I want to DO stuff... like take a walk on the beach... go shopping, etc.. Here it is almost 11 @ night and I'm racking my brain trying to figure out where I can go without getting into any sort of hassle or problem :)

I want OUT so badly, but at the same time am afraid. I wanted to try to get out en femme earlier tonigh, but unfortunately I had to wait for the mean drunk monster to pass out... must not give the beast an excuse to become verbally abusive and hostile, so I had to hide in my office and wait, but now I fear it's just too late to go anywhere.

I want MORE than getting outside though.. Eventually I will get out again and will continue to take small steps because I want to transition to living/presenting as female 24/7 (well, almost 24/7 as there's some exceptions)

Sweeterica
09-30-2010, 04:27 AM
Thanks ladies for your comments,its so good to hear other views on things like this, so far i have not taken the plunge to go out dressed but im sure i will soon,i will let you know when that moment happens.

linda allen
09-30-2010, 09:37 AM
Thanks ladies for your comments,its so good to hear other views on things like this, so far i have not taken the plunge to go out dressed but im sure i will soon,i will let you know when that moment happens.

Can you go out with your wife? Maybe drive to another town or city where you won't run into folks you know?

I think people are less apt to notice or hassle you if you're with another woman or part of a group. Alone, you may be seen as a target by some.

Jennifer Marie P.
09-30-2010, 10:36 AM
It makes no sense to get dollied up in the house and do nothing you want to expand your femmine feelings and go out and make sense of it and I did by going all the way by transitiong and now theres no stopping me now.

Kylie666
10-01-2010, 06:42 AM
I am with Karren Hutton on this one, Getting all Dressed up and not having anywhere to go other then around the house gets OLD, I wish everyday that i could just be myself and dress in whatever i like and go out like that =/ but i stay hidden away like a lot of people do, Only time i have been out is on Halloween.