PDA

View Full Version : Astrolgy and the CD/TS

Cheyenne Skye
09-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Just a curious question. For any that believe in astrology, I wonder if there is any link to our being CD/TS. Is it something else they should list like telling me I'm a perfectionist because I'm a Virgo? Please tell me your sign and if any other stereotypes of your sign figure into your being CD/TS.

GaleWarning
09-29-2010, 02:40 PM
The fact that our birthdays are spread throughout the year would seem to refute your hypothesis, Cheyenne.

marcy77
09-29-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm an Aries, The Ram. I am the pioneer of life. Which works well for me because I don't really have anyone in my circle of friends that CD's. But because my sign always like to pave a new way I never felt ashamed of getting out there or admitting who I was.

Cheyenne Skye
09-29-2010, 03:04 PM
I don't really believe in astrology, per se, just that the things they say about my sign seem to (coincidentally) match my personality. I'm just curious as to what others think.

minalost
09-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Found this on the web:

Leo Strength Keywords:
- Confident (Nope, not really...)
- Ambitious (Nope.)
- Generous (I think so...)
- Loyal (Yes.)
- Encouraging (Very much so.)

Leo Weakness Keywords:
- Pretentious (I don't think so.)
- Domineering (Absolutly not!)
- Melodramatic (Maybe a little?)
- Stubborn (Not really...)
- Vain (Hmmm. Have to think about this one. I suppose if I had something to be vain about? Maybe...)

So, I'm thinking I'm not really a "normal" Leo :D.
:hugs:

girlalex
09-29-2010, 03:34 PM
I know that my zodiac sign goes well with the fact that i associate myslef with the opposite gander because im a
virgo and virgos are the only female image in all the astrology signs.

Ashley Williams
09-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Astrology has no foundation in anything - just enjoy the particular way you express yourself and celebrate that there are others who can share with you!

Gina X
09-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Since I have taken things a little more seriously and have purposely tried to live as a woman I've found the predictions in my horoscopes are a lot more accurate specially in my love life which are almost 100per cent

Lots of love GinaX

MiamiMarie
09-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Hmmm... what are the odds that the placement of planets and stars that are so far away actually affect our lives in a very personal way? And what are the odds that somehow that could possibly be connected to our date of birth? And then, what are the odds that Astrologers are so incredibly knowledgeable that they know how all possible astronomical alignments affect each person based on the day they were born, each and every day of the year?

And then on top of all that, what are the odds that these stars would determine your clothing options and sexuality?

Hmmm. I dunno, I think the odds are infinity to one.

Shananigans
09-29-2010, 06:57 PM
I think astrology is fun. I don't really believe in it, but I think it's fun and interesting. My SO happens to be a Cancer (a very feminine sign in the zodiac, I am told). I'm a Sagittarius...so, I guess I am supposed to be really extroverted and blunt with my words. That about sums it all up haha.

But, I think it could sum a lot of people up. So, scientific? No. But, still kind of cool and fun.

Ann Thomas
09-29-2010, 07:16 PM
That's a very good question, Cheyenne, and I have enjoyed reading the responses so far and look forward to more.

I'm a Libra, which is the sign of the scales, or the balance. To me ever since I can remember, I've always wanted to see things from all sides before coming to a conclusion. I've had a wide variety of life experiences as well which show that I've been looking for a variety of perspectives. I wear a variety of clothing styles, sometimes all at once. I like being female in appearance at times, but have no desire for SRS. But, I'd also like to grow breasts, so essentially I'd be in a way both sexes at once. I feel that libra is a good clue as to how my life is unfolding.

I believe that predicting the future might be a bit much with astrology, but confirming the past or present is it's best application. To me it's almost like finding clues to confirm what you already know. I like using western astrology, as well as Chinese, as well as numerology, names, color attractions, and other things to help find clues to myself and others around me.

Here's a funny thing in my family: my mom is a Leo, and all of us sons in the family married Leos as well. So, in a two week period, all the women married in to the family have their birthdays. Their personalities vary a lot, so right there I can see how one must be careful in how one uses signs to determine things. I do notice one similarity between all of them. Leo is a cat, right? Cats like to be in the middle of everything, right? (Like jump up on your desk while you're at the computer and plop down right in front of you and expect to get all your attention.) I find that all the women of the family have very similar feline-style traits, like wanting to be the center of attention, feeling independent, and so on, more pronounced than what I see in women of other signs.

One other thing I've found is that the people I am most attracted to being around in life are those that both western and Chinese astrology say are the most compatible with my own. I've not come across many like that, but I can feel that attraction long before I know the signs of the person.

Hugs,
Ann

docrobbysherry
09-29-2010, 07:54 PM
My horoscope said, "NOT to reveal anything personal about myself", today! I'm probably risking DEATH or WORSE, by even POSTING THIS!:doh:

Hopefully, TOMORROW will be a better day!:brolleyes:

7sisters
09-29-2010, 10:00 PM
According to Mr. Raven Kaldera who is a very learned astrologer (he is also a transman), there is a certain specific planetary formation when a trans baby is born. So there is a connection between trans and astrology. Please read what he says here:
http://www.churchofasphodel.org/articles/pallas_the_genderbender.html

Nick2Nikki
09-29-2010, 11:45 PM
According to Mr. Raven Kaldera who is a very learned astrologer (he is also a transman), there is a certain specific planetary formation when a trans baby is born. So there is a connection between trans and astrology. Please read what he says here:
http://www.churchofasphodel.org/articles/pallas_the_genderbender.html

Wow, it must be true if a "learned" pseudo-scientist says it, it must be true!

My zodiac constellation is Ophiuchus, the snake bearer. Wait, that's not even an astrological zodiac sign? Well it's not my fault that those silly astrologers can't be bothered to look at the night sky every once and awhile!

My astrological sign is Sagittarius, which means... absolutely nothing. I don't believe that the stars or planets have anything to do with human behaviors. Anyone with half a brain knows that the only way to predict the future is to read the entrails of a dead pigeon :)!

Asako
09-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Astrology is fun to look at, to me, but I believe that who we are, as people, is partly decided by developments that occur before birth and the rest forms based on our experiences that make up the basis of our limited perceptions of reality.

Sophie_C
09-30-2010, 01:42 AM
Astrology has no foundation in anything - just enjoy the particular way you express yourself and celebrate that there are others who can share with you!

Actually, there is a reasonable foundation for it: There is a different sort of life-starting experience for those born at different times of the year (experiencing summer initially versus winter, learning to walk indoors in the dead of winter, or outdoors, at the peak of spring, etc, being at a certain age when preschool begins, etc), and that influences how our personalities form. In terms of love predictions, I really don't know, but that I imagine is accounted for...

Kate Simmons
09-30-2010, 05:14 AM
I think that the "stars" most CD's go by are the "stars" in their eyes.:)

Teri Jean
09-30-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm a Pisces and the artsy fartsy girl who is kind and thoughtful (when I want to). LOL I do have a more generous loving side and it has become more pronounced in the past couple years with my transition.