PDA

View Full Version : What did you do the first time you went out in femme?

Melody Phillips
09-30-2010, 04:26 AM
I was just wondering what you girls did your first time out in femme. I am working on making myself as passable as can be so that one day I will venture out into the world as Melody.

Freddy12
09-30-2010, 04:30 AM
I went out shopping to a Mall. I was nervous as I could be, and pretty much avoided eye contact, but soon noticed that no one gave me a second look, or stared. They were just involved in thinking about their own shopping. It was wonderful to be out ebfemme. I used a dressing room, and picked up a nice skirt.

LisaKarenAZ
09-30-2010, 04:33 AM
Let's see... The first for me out femme, excluding a previous Halloween party, would have been this past summer. A friend of mine owns a salon, which another close friend works at. I was invited to the salon for a makeover. I drove down in drab, except for my toenails painted and some light eyeshadow and mascara. After a makeup session, eyebrow waxing, mani, and some borrowed clothingand wig, I left as Lisa. I had a 40 minute drive home and ended up taking all the side streets, instead of the freeway.

My second time out was also this summer. I got completely dressed up and headed to a LGBT bar about 30 minutes away. Got to the parking lot and sat in the vehicle for a bit, got out walked around the outside for a few minutes, sat down at the bench outside the door, and repeated for about an hour. Could never get the nerve to go in. Drove home after that.

Next will be in a couple of weeks when I head out as my favorite RHPS character.

Jeanna
09-30-2010, 05:37 AM
It seems that most cd s try going for a drive the first time. However my advice is to keep it simple, be relaxed and enjoy it.You don't want to have an accident! If you want to go to a salon, go there before hand in drab. I scoped out my first place I went to enfemme about a week before hand. The lady that owns the lingerie store couldn't wait to see me as Jeanna.

erickka
09-30-2010, 06:00 AM
My first time out was 30+ years ago, and we (my then G/F and myself) took her 3 year old niece trick or treating. I'll NEVER forget the rush!

janice murray
09-30-2010, 06:00 AM
Apart from almost having a heart attack, just a walk to "post a letter!"

ArleneRaquel
09-30-2010, 06:01 AM
The very first time about forty years ago I went around the block well after midnight on a Friday night - Saturday morning fully enfemme. I bet a really was a sight.EEEK

Karren H
09-30-2010, 06:19 AM
My first time was when I was 16... Took a walk around town one evening... Was one adventure I'll never forget.....I think I broke the world record for 100 yard dash in womens shoes! Too bad no one was there to time me! Lol.

CallMeMeg
09-30-2010, 06:27 AM
Shopped. I went to a strip mall where there was a Marshall's, Payless, and other similar stores. I had a gg with me, which definitely made it easier.

StaceyJane
09-30-2010, 08:22 AM
My first time out I drove my car around the block. It was so exciting.
My first time outside my car I went to a Tri-ess meeting. I felt really comfortable around the other girls even though it was my first time out as Stacey.

Christie ann
09-30-2010, 08:35 AM
This was a long, long time ago. I rode my bicycle (with my few girl things in my backpack) went to a nearby forest reserve, changed and walked along a trail near a lake. I just loved the feeling of the breeze up my skirt and of course the constant euphoria from the adrenaline rush.

dominique
09-30-2010, 08:40 AM
Went up to the local town centre and took money out of atm and window shopped.

Jennifer Marie P.
09-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Went out with my GG friends and went to the movies and then out to dinner.What a night that was.

Teri Jean
09-30-2010, 12:03 PM
Heck I can't remember as I was so scared I couldn't tell if it was day or night. Wheeeeeeeew Okay it was night and I went for a walk. Thinking about it now, it was stupid to be by yourself after midnight walking the streets even in my small town. But at 6-4 I probably scared off any advances. LOL

pattysmith
09-30-2010, 12:18 PM
My first time out was halloween. My GF helped me with my makeup and I think I looked okay. That was the first of many trips to the West Hollywood Halloween extravaganza.

serinalynn
09-30-2010, 01:03 PM
I went shopping for more womens clothes that i might like to wear. However, another time, I went to a Carl's Jr restaurant and ordered at the drive thrugh. I was wearing a plunge bra and a low neck top, and a denim shirt unbuttined. An older woman handed out my soda, but a 16 y/o girl handed my bag of food and took one look at me, her eyes got big as saucers, she dropped my food on the ground and disapppered into the back room. A minute later the older woman reappeared and I said the girl dopped my food on the ground and the older woman got me a new bag of food, smiled politely and I drove away with my food.

Julogden
09-30-2010, 01:27 PM
First time ever was just for a drive at night. The first time where I encountered other people was for a big Halloween party at Park West in Chicago, had to walk a couple blocks through the surrounding neighborhood all by myself while it was still light outside, thought I was going to die before I got to the party, but I survived. :)

Carol

Emily Ann Brown
09-30-2010, 01:43 PM
I drive out to pump gas at night. Then bought a drink out of a machine at the grocery store. It take a comes of weeks till I went to the mall. I have a picture from that night, me at the pump.

Em

pernille d
09-30-2010, 02:02 PM
like most i drove to a local park at night , and steped out of the car with no worries at all . i just walked around the park for a while and relaxed sitting watching the stars, Yes of cause walking back to the car .on my first outing i had my first encounter with another person . he just cyckled by and gave me a nice smile .

Cheryl T
09-30-2010, 02:13 PM
I went out shopping to an outlet mall with my spouse and it was a wonderful day.

Michaella
09-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Went to movies, sat in the park and read, shopped in a book store, had dinner in a restaurant. Other times I've been to plays, the opera (great chance to dress up and blend in), seen my therapist, gone to concerts, museums. Lots of things to do, the things I do any other time, besides going to malls.

Michaella

AlanaBCD
09-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Depends on how you describe "going out". I went out several times in drab and high heels. The first time I went out trying to pass, I went into a KMart, then to other stores. I think I mostly passed. I got a few looks, but nothing that was a big deal.

Nick2Nikki
09-30-2010, 04:03 PM
The first time I was out in women's clothing I went bowling, shopping, stopped at Tim Hortons, and fired a pellet gun. The next day I went on a distillery tour en femme. I didn't get so much as a second look most of the time, which cemented the fact in my mind that most people just don't care.

MaryAnn40c
09-30-2010, 04:08 PM
I drove to the mall and purchased shoes for the bar that night.

kayegirl
09-30-2010, 05:15 PM
Took a walk around the Yorkshire Sculpture Park, I'm a sucker for Moore's work, and theres loads of it in the park

jenna_woods
09-30-2010, 05:29 PM
my frist outing shopping was late at night at wall mart, I was scared to death, but made it with no problems. after that it was much easier. no one really cares.

SusanMarie
09-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Antique shopping with my SO.
Really nervous, but really fun.

msginaadoll
09-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Like most others went for a drive. After that and the walks I went out to a local gay/lesbian bar here in Detroit. I was grateful for the welcome I got from some of the ladies. One I still run into at the clubs. This was over 14 years ago.

Jane G
09-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Crums that's brought back a few old memories. Fully dressed was about 32 years ago I think, dressed in my sisters blue summer dress. Took a strole accross the west Lancashire Golf Club.

Ellen Ross
09-30-2010, 06:06 PM
As with most other girls, went for a drive. That drive made me want to learn to be good enough with make-up to be able to get out of the car. I found help at a local transformation studio, which sort of launched me into the pink fog. My real outing was to a local trans friendly bar for an evening I will never forget.

Marcia Blue
09-30-2010, 06:30 PM
My first time out fully dressed, I went wig shopping. I dressed up, did my make up, and tried to fem up my male hair. Drove to the wig salon and bought a nice wig. Then I headed to Target for some more shopping. I spent way to much that day, but I had a great time.

Daenna Paz
09-30-2010, 06:37 PM
It seems that most cd s try going for a drive the first time.

YEP ... that was me ... went for a drive fully decked out.
I was sure everyone was eye-balling me every time we stopped ... not!!
What a rush it was ... still harken back to that night. :heehee:

Kelly Greene
09-30-2010, 06:47 PM
I went for a drive to a place where a deserted dead end road ended in a largish circle of pavement where I got out of my car and practiced walking in my clunky high heels.
its to bad that that section of road became a housing development but for a while it was a place for me to go out and walk more than ten steps in heels.

Sophie86
09-30-2010, 07:08 PM
Well, there was Halloween when I was 10 yrs old. For going out as an adult, we'd have to flash forward 36 yrs to last year's RHPS party, and me as Frankenfurter--if that counts as en femme. A couple of months after, I went out for Halloween as a Twilight fangirl. Which gives me a grand total of three times.

skirtsuit
09-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Just over a year ago I stepped out the house in a nice wool Ann Taylor skirtsuit and walked to the subway and went where else-
to the Ann Taylor store on Walnut St!

It's a day I'll never forget.

All the Best,
Ann / SS

robynanderson
09-30-2010, 09:49 PM
First time I went with a group of girlfriends to the mall, they made me up there and put me in a skirt (it was planned ahead of time) it was awesome, I was 12.

Gretchenivy
09-30-2010, 09:58 PM
My first time was in Montreal with CD friends more experienced than I. Got a room which the girls found difficult to find. But, they made it, and we dressed together. Took a few photos that I no longer have.... I looked awful by my current standards. Then, we got in cars and drove downtown, parking a few blocks from Chez Cleopatre, the tranny bar we were going to. Had to walk across St. Catherine's St, a busy pedestrian area, where some ggs pegged us immediately. By the time we got to the club, my head was splitting open with a stress headache. Relaxed inside, and had a great time. Met some new people. Got to know my friends better. Danced a lot, and really enjoyed being me. Unfortunately, it was quite some time before I did it again. Now, I get out as much as I can... which is frequently but never enough.

tonixd
09-30-2010, 09:58 PM
My first time was when I was 15. I had a matching top and skirt. All I did was go outside my house at night, and I mean like midnight. In the middle of the country. No one around for miles, and I was scared s**tless!
Now, when I came out to everyone, I walked right into my workplace (a theatre at the time) in a skirt and flats. I couldn't even hold a cup of coffee I was shaking so bad!

Kate17
09-30-2010, 10:18 PM
A long time ago, I went with a friend to Montreal. We walked down town some where where a "hooker??" started screaming "its a man" - needless to say I was mortified but realized I had a lot of work to do to blend in. By the way the week end was marvelous other than that.

NancyTO
09-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Drove around and went to about four different ATMs, including in a Seven-Eleven to check the balance on my account.

Melanie R
09-30-2010, 10:55 PM
My first time was in 1981 when my wife and I attended the first meeting of the Tri-Ess chapter in Houston.

Diane Lynn
10-01-2010, 03:09 AM
My first time, I was about 18. I went to a large store that sell everything from groceries cloths. I searched the woman clothing area, but to scared to try anything on. I did find something to buy as I wanted to interact with a cashier. Everything went well. On the way home, I stopped at McDonalds. I went inside to order, but got my food to go. I went to the car, started the car, and it was louder than it was. My muffler broke, and was laying on the ground. There I was, standing there in a dress, looking at my car, wondering what to do. I couldn't call anyone, and I didn't want to climb under the car in a dress. Then a male employee from McDonalds came out and helped me. He tied up the muffler for me so I could make it home. Then he said to have some one check it out when I got home. I said thank you, and he said you are welcome ma'am. Made my day. All in all it was a good day. Now I am 47 and dress about once a month with my SO, and we have gone to museums, movies, shopping, dinner, what ever we want to do. She knows when we move in together my cloths are coming with me.

Kylie666
10-01-2010, 06:05 AM
My first time was last year at Halloween =) I felt SO GOOD and did not feel out of place at all, It just felt right you know? the best part of that day was i met my Girlfriend on that day, it's like the world telling me to dress up more and good things will happen LOL.

Nicole Erin
10-01-2010, 07:17 AM
year was like 1997. IIRC, my first-ever night out was to a gay club. I walked in dressed in a black tee, black skirt, with a gold belt. Everyone looked to see the purdy TG girl :D
First time out in daylight dressed was to some grocery store.
No one really gave me any crap or probably even noticed.

My first time was in 1981 when my wife and I attended the first meeting of the Tri-Ess chapter in Houston.
1981. I think that was the year I got my first "big kid" bicycle. 16 inch wheels. Black and orange and had trim to look like a motorcycle. I thought I was bad-ass.

Billijo49504
10-01-2010, 07:30 AM
Back in high school, 1964, my girl friend talked me into getting dressed as a girl and going to the drive in movie. She and I were about the same size and her mother had a wig I could use. Need less to say, her folks were at the cottage for the weekend. I called home and told my folks that I was invited to stay the night at the "cottage", so we spent the night together in town. She even let me borrow one of her pretty nighties. That was the first of many times out in public.

Princess_of_Hckloins
10-01-2010, 07:59 AM
First time in public (other than Halloween) was going to a wig shop afterhours and having a blouse and slacks under my sweats (it was fall) getting fitted for my first real wig. I drove home en femme w/o makeup since I had to be at work 2 hrs later (graveyard shift).

Loveday
10-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Let's see, my first time I was driving to lower Northern Michigan from Detroit in a snowstorm fully dressed but not to good. My makeup job was really bad and I still find that a difficult thing to do. I stopped at the McDonald's in West Branch and the teenagers who waited on me there did not even notice me. Later, I pulled off the road into a rest area around Gaylord or Grayling to use the facilities. I waited until I was totally alone in the rest area and then walked into the Men's restroom after much debate about which rest room to use. There I was standing at the urinals doing my business - wig on, stockings, stiletto 4 inch heeled boots and a very short mini skirt. All of a sudden I hear voices, three or four rednecks where standing behind me laughing and making fun of me. I turned around and just said "When you got to go, you gotta go." After that I got my heels a clicking as fast as I could. I made it back to my car, locked the doors, checked to see if my cell phone was handy if I needed it and got the heck out of there as fast as I could.
I was scared to begin with but that scared me to death.

Christy_M
10-01-2010, 09:07 AM
My first time was when I was in the Marine Corps and my first wife and I drove to a 7/11 where I stayed in the car. I was sure all the Marines going in and out of the store were staring at me and knew who I was even though I didn't recognize any of them...

The first time out of the car was when I was 23 and my first wife and I went to a auto mall in Cerritos, CA after it was closed and walked around the new cars. The fear of being stopped and talked to was enormous.

krisinpink
10-01-2010, 09:56 AM
...darted to the mailbox and raced back to the house.

Helen 2
10-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Summer of 1965....I was 12 and a half years old, went out with Mom to buy shoes for the first time. Up to that moment, I had fit fine in Mom's clothes and my sisters' shoes but eventually, my feet outgrew both Mom's and my sisters shoes so off to Sears and Burdines we went. It was not my first time out en femme as I had been out in pre-teen clothing, but it was my first time out in grown-up womens clothing: padded panty, open-bottom girdle, long-line bra, stockings and a nice summer dress, wig, light summer/day makeup......my first time out as a woman. Fantastic....

Alice Torn
10-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Drove from motel, to gas stations, 3 stations.

Marilyn Beck
10-01-2010, 11:10 AM
I have a long way to go, but these are the baby steps I have taken.
1. About 2 years ago when I was just becoming an active crossdresser, I drove around Billings, MT in my car at night while I was staying in a motel there. The scariest part was returning to the motel and finding that my key card wouldn't open the side door into the motel. Fortunately, I was able to get in another side door and didn't have to pass by the front desk.
2. Several times, while working out of town in Wyoming (about 18 months ago), I drove to a gas station and pumped gas (at night).
3. Since coming out to my wife about a year ago, I have stepped outside my house dressed in the evening. Mostly I stayed in the back yard, but I also walked in front of the house when the coast was clear.
4. A couple of months ago, I felt unusually courageous and drove to Walmart and walked around inside for about 10 minutes. The scariest part was driving in and out of my garage, hoping no neighbors would see me. I smiled at, but did not speak to, the Walmart greeter.
5. A couple of weeks ago, I drove through a McDonald's in a small town in UT where I stayed overnight. I attempted to use a feminine voice when ordering, which I don't think went very well. I had rehearsed my "script", but I had to respond to unexpected questions like "would you like a large coke for the same price as a small coke?" and "how is your night going?"
I am looking forward to bigger and better outings as I gain experience, confidence and the support of my wife.

Lea
10-01-2010, 11:27 AM
I only venture out on Halloween. The first time was to a nice bar that was having a costume party.

MargaretJ
10-01-2010, 03:39 PM
First time out was in my car to a nearby town at night, and I just walked around the street staying close to the car. I was very nervous, but it was very exciting. I'm still a night person, but I do hope that one day I'll be brave enough to go out in daylight.

Hope you get out soon Melody, keep safe.

Dennis Rodman
10-01-2010, 03:42 PM
I used to drive around all the time but was too scared to get out. The first time was amazing for me. Sat on the spion Kop next to my norwegian companions was the possibly the best day of my life.

MarinaKirax
10-01-2010, 05:12 PM
In University, I was staying during summer session, and had a whole house to myself. I bought my first wig under an excuse, borrowed a skirt and blouse from a roommate who wasn't in town, and the splurged on my first pair of heels, and walked around the park every night. Even during the day if it rained, so I could use an umbrella to hide my face if i sensed I'd been read. Come to think of it, it was pretty sketchy - I was lucky I wasn't approached, or even mugged.

Murazor
10-01-2010, 06:43 PM
As i did it for a bet (a friend said he would have looked better en femme, and lost, by far) i was almost shocked with the outcome. i had to show everyone i knew how damn good i looked and so i went to several friends'houses (most of the parents did not recognize me). even went to my aunts that i left in disbelief. suddenly i switched from a below average looking guy to a damn sexy looking girl (i had no makeup or wig.. it was just a smart choice of clothes and a great hairdresser work)
You can bet this changed my life in many ways. now i wish i was more bold, because the crossdressing adventure lasted less than a couple of years. i should have done it a lot more. a lot. what a pity...

PretzelGirl
10-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Technically, it was about 4 years ago when I took a 100 yard stroll outside my house at 2 AM. The first time where I was around anyone was last New Year's Eve and I went to an Ulta and got a make-up lesson.

erika_s
10-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Mine was in a Carnival dance at the University. I danced with my chemistry professor's daughter, my clothes and makeup were from my girlfriend and her mother applied me the makeup. I was looking very realistic, as a man invited me to dance - I declined. The worst part was choosing which restroom to choose - either had a disadvantage :-)

Claire Cook
10-02-2010, 04:25 AM
Isn't it interesting how we all remember that first time, even if long ago? My first time was riding a bike to a shopping center (long time ago in a galaxy far far away) and of course buying a bra and panties.

Maria 60
10-02-2010, 06:49 AM
Also my first time was a drive in a car, but my only other time was when i couldnt find a nice pair of shoes in my size. I went to a store in downtown Toronto called wildside. This store is designed for cds etc, once there it took me about half a hour to go in, being early there was nobody in the store. Finally went in and seen the shoes i liked. When he brought me the shoes he expected me to try them on. I said no ill try them on at home. He convinced me to try them on, he was giving me a knee high sock to try the shoes on, but i told him i didnt need it for i was wearing pantyhose already. Very nervously i take of my sweat sock to expose my pantyhose feet, that never seen the outside of my house and know iam in front of a stranger. Once i took both socks off i was about to try on the shoes and another worker came in, i jumped to put my socks back on. The worker stopped me and told me to relax dont be scared, this place is for you,every person that walks though that door has the same interest as yourself. So i tried on the shoes and walked around the store in them, only one other person walked in. They asked me to try a skirt on but i was not ready for that step. It was one of my best days as a crossdresser, always wanted to go back but its a bit far from home, easier to order online.

linda allen
10-02-2010, 07:44 AM
I've never been out "dressed", but I've been out in a bra and/or panties a couple times. Once I was driving with a bra and forms and noticed a state police car in the distance behind me. I pulled out the forms and out them under the seat. He didn't stop me but it sure made me nervous.

A while back I went into a local restaurant and ordered food to go wearing a sports bra and small forms. It was cool enough to be wearing a fairly heavy shirt and it had double pockets that tended to hide anything.

I have a plan now - jeans and long sleeved blouse, padded panties, and bra. Forms and wig in a bag. Get in the car and out of the neighborhood, stop and put on the wig and forms and sunglasses, then head for a seldom used hiking trail. If I see anyone, I should be able to smile and wave and keep walking. We'll see.

adrienner99
10-02-2010, 08:56 AM
I went alone to a gay bar in DC. It was in a terrible neighborhood and I had to park a quarter mile away and walk past a number of people hanging out on street corners. In five-inch, black patent heels, a tight black satin skirt and searing red lipstick, it was a VERY long and scary walk. But once inside, a man actually bought me a drink and flirted with me.