PDA

View Full Version : Return visit to GP

Teri Jean
09-30-2010, 12:32 PM
The other day I needed to refill my prescriptions and of course one was held back because my refills had run out. So I made the appointment with my GP for a check up and his approval. This is the same doctor I came out to over a year ago. The nurses were fine and talkative as usual and then the wait for the doc.

As he came in he asked how I was doing, to which I said there had been a couple changes since we seen each other. Here I am in a cute pair of belled jeans and a red V-neck top and forms. The irony of this meeting was so present but yet we hit it off so well. He then asked how I was doing anf how the family and work was dealing with the changes.

After we finished I thanked him for his help and told him he is refered to as a way of helping other doctors as they prepare for their practice. When a new doctor hears the importance of being open to these struggles they come across it may help them and their patients.

It was a good check up and it was nice to see his friendly face. Teri

bethw
09-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Terri;s You are an inspiration to all of us who wish we were traveling your path.

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. I'm so happy thing are going so well for you.
Hug
Beth

Eileen
09-30-2010, 06:57 PM
Terri Jean a good GP can do wonders to help a girl in her journey. Your DP is a gem and yes he and others like him can do so much to educate others to our needs.

Eileen

Teri Jean
09-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Eileen you are so right and when I am in group therapy and we get a student studying to be a doctor or a doctor taking further training I try to emphasise the need to help as when we come to them we are placing ourselves in their hands just as a patient does with the surgeon.

Rianna Humble
10-01-2010, 03:32 AM
I'm so glad for you that you have such a good GP, but IO'm not usre where the irony was in your meeting him dressed according to your true gender?

Everyone at my doctor's practice expects me to dress as Rianna and would be shocked if I didn't. They even tried to help me to see the positives in my story appearing as front page news.