PDA

View Full Version : We interupt this program for a message about crossdressers......

Karren H
10-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Well. Unexpectedly this morning I and my crossdressing became the topic on national (global) radio... I have Sirus Satelite Radio and listen to Cosmo's Wakeup with Taylor every morning. Two crazy women and their boy - girl male companion... Chatting girlie stuff all morning. And I post on their Facebook fan page as to a lot of other listeners... So this morning they were discussing party colleges and I posted a blurb about my school and drinking and about 9am... Talyor read my post on the air...

"And Karren says..... Bla bla bla"

Kenny the male on the show says" Stop... Let me get this straight... Karren isn't really a woman... And the discussion turned to me and my crossdressing. Taylor has known about me for some time and we have had discussion previously on their FB page - for anyone on facebook here is one of our tg related discussions.... http://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=430647620904&id=45270090904&p=0&fbb=rb2c2c1c5&refid=0#comments_430647620904

When I heard them talking about Karren on the radio.. my heart skipped a beat.... And I was excited and a little scared... Now I'm not out there to be the poster girl for crossdressers but I really enjoy teaching people who we are and what we do... And do it when ever I can... Most people don't have a clue...

One of these days I'm going to call into the show and see how that goes... I wish I hade taed it... And wonder out loud if anyone here heard that show? One other tg girl from ohio jumped into the FB discussion when Kenny said that Karren was my alter ego.. Lol. Well that was my crossdressing exitement for the morning... Anyone think I'm really trying to out myself on a larger stage? Lol.

Samantha B L
10-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Karren,the only thing I can tell you is that I've been published as a rock critic in an online publication that goes out to 10 million people worldwide 7-8 times a year. When I was sort of like googling around to find a couple of my articles and to see if I was making any sensational waves I found out that some crossdressers.com writer's society stuff of mine was in there right alongside the stuff under my drab name and it was "Samantha B L" as big as your foot right alongside plain old "Sam B. L______". It doesn't take an IQ of 200 for anybody who's reading those google menus to figure out that Sam B.L. and Samantha B L are the same person! I've also had some crossdressers.com posts and threads reprinted where I was talking about my fifi-mahony wigs and makeup which are among my favorites. Fifi's is an incredible wigs,accesories and makeup shop in New Orleans. I'm 54 and a lot of people know me as Samantha. I mean,people aren't DVD's or VHS tape. They don't rewind. So I figure I'll enjoy what time I have and I could do worse than to be "Samantha". I live with my Mom,sister and nephew in fair to midland cushy suburban kind of circumstances. I think my Nephew and Sister know about me but don't want to confront me and freak me out. Mom would hate it and a freind of mine told me years ago she'd never accept it. It doesn't matter. I have kind of a sissy-ish personality and it doesn't register with her. But while we're at it I'll have to decide if I want a Phillip C.Johnson or Frank Lloyd Wright house and I'll have to check again with my accountants about my percentage on the line of Samantha B L cosmetics and perfume. So Karren,I think if your going to be outed,having it happen on a grand scale is at least like going to hell in a bucket but enjoying the ride. Go for it. It sounds like it would be cool if you called in.

Jenny Gurl
10-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Black people had to sit in the back of the bus until Rosa Parks had the courage to challenge the system. Every now and then it takes a major event or a few public ones to force society to grow up a little. Thanks for having the courage to represent us. In today's society it is hard to believe we segregated races a few years back, burned people at the stake many years ago, but it all happened. I hope some day our children will be able to say "I can't believe guys actually had to hide the fact that they liked feminine cloths just a decade ago". No disrespect intended to the many other African American people who also helped the country grow out of it's bigotry, Rosa is just the more common known one.

Bobbi Lynn
10-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Hi Karren,
Does your wife listen?

Karren H
10-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Hi Karren,
Does your wife listen?

Nooooo!! I'm the one with the Satelite radio... And she hates it.. I have Cosmo radio playing in my office from 7am to 3pm every day and people come and go and no one has raised an eye brow about all the girlie talk! Lol.

Ashleythenewgirl
10-02-2010, 12:22 AM
You are an excellent person to be teaching them about crossdressers. I for one am glad you have the chance.

Barb123
10-02-2010, 12:34 AM
I agree with the Rosa Parks analogy. Looks like the Team CD's have sent in their second sting right winger and she found out once she hit the ice that it was no longer the pre game warm up. These guys are moving but when she got the puck and they saw that stick handling at the blue line. Her line mates who wanted her to just dump it and everyone will be looking for the easy rebound.

I would trust that we have a great scoring opportunity with Karren suited up

Barb123

docrobbysherry
10-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Karren, your our very own CD pioDEAR!!

sterling12
10-02-2010, 12:51 AM
And as I remember Karen, in many previous discussions about The ongoing "Battles" in The Trans War; you were always The One to say Glibly, "Oh well, that's not for me, I don't care about Trans Concerns....I just want to do my own thing, and Others can worry about such stuff!" "I just want to do Makeup!"

Well, now it looks like your going to get your chance! Inadvertently or otherwise, you have sort of "stepped into The Ring." I think you will end up making That Call, as I think Karren wants to do it! Previously, You aggravated me with that Cavalier Attitude, but you know what? I think your probably going to do a good job. I think you CAN be thoughtful, and smart, and witty. I think you could be a "Voice" for Tolerance and Acceptance.....and, you get to "play your Part" on a Very Big Stage. So Do It! Make us proud! Each of us will eventually get To Be Counted, this will probably be your time. Good Luck!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Patty B.
10-02-2010, 02:39 AM
karen you certainly seem to be comfortable enough with yourself to pull this off, if anyone can you're it, good luck which ever way this plays out.

eluuzion
10-02-2010, 02:56 AM
The first thing I did as a "single" parent of a 2 year old (15 yrs ago) was buy a big "white" board. I hung it at eye level on the wall for my daughter to "express" herself. I also used the refrigerator as a "posting board", with the normal "artwork" and such. But I also used it to post "quotes" and "house rules" (such as "Family Emergency Plan..."RUN!". One of my personal "sayings" was "Somebody always has to be the Leader". It is still on the frig, and the whiteboard is still on my daughter's wall (just higher up).

Natural Leaders seem to just float to the top in many cases. Looks like you are one of those naturals...no surprise to me after following your posts for awhile...

OK, now get out there and make us proud!!! :thumbsup:

If you run into Major Tom, tell em' I said high!

:love:

Claire Cook
10-02-2010, 05:03 AM
"One small step for a TG, one giant leap for TG-kind..."

Karren H
10-02-2010, 09:23 AM
And as I remember Karen, in many previous discussions about The ongoing "Battles" in The Trans War; you were always The One to say Glibly, "Oh well, that's not for me, I don't care about Trans Concerns....I just want to do my own thing, and Others can worry about such stuff!" "I just want to do Makeup!"

Well, now it looks like your going to get your chance! Inadvertently or otherwise, you have sort of "stepped into The Ring." I think you will end up making That Call, as I think Karren wants to do it! Previously, You aggravated me with that Cavalier Attitude, but you know what? I think your probably going to do a good job. I think you CAN be thoughtful, and smart, and witty. I think you could be a "Voice" for Tolerance and Acceptance.....and, you get to "play your Part" on a Very Big Stage. So Do It! Make us proud! Each of us will eventually get To Be Counted, this will probably be your time. Good Luck!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Funny how what I say always comes back to haunt me? But I don't consider myself and activist or what I like to call them... Fanatics... I hate fananatasizm in any shape or form... Why I do like to do is chat... With women mainly about anything but crossdressing usually comes up.

and I get friended by a lot of women through Cosmo, glamor, Shape, What Women Wear daily... And a lot of women related facebook fan pages... And we have great discussions... Truthfully I totally enjoy talking to them way more than talking to crossdressers... No offense ment. And not all... I have some great tg friends but most are focused or obsessed with crossdressing... While women will talk about everything and anything. Its so refreshing and fun... For me at least...

Like I said. I'm not a TG poster girl I just have a big mouth!! :D

Sara Jessica
10-02-2010, 09:46 AM
But I don't consider myself and activist or what I like to call them... Fanatics...

Activism has it's place. Some seek out this mode of expression in order to affect chage while others happen into it. How else would we see change in our society? But it takes on several forms. I have a dear friend who I used to call a "reluctant activist". She was thrust into the limelight that can come with activism and became very good at it, at least for a while. As for you Karren, I'll suggest you are an "inadvertent" activist when it comes to this radio situation in that you stumbled into it, perhaps without intention. And that's not a bad thing. You already have practice in that, like many of us, your presentation and behaviour when interacting with the public is a form of activism...one person at a time. Also, your presence on mainstream blog and/or message board environments certainly turns some opinions on our community in a positive manner.

So embrace your new-found fame and make the call!!! Do it on a weekend when more of us can listen ;) . First we have Kathi's WH/BM contest and now you on the radio. What's next? Who among us might crack Oprah's show in her final season???

linnea
10-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Karren, I agree with you about the fun and interest there is in talking with women about "anything and everything" as opposed to the sometimes obsessive CD talk that can ensue. I recently went out to dinner with two women friends, and no one talked about what kind of panties we were wearing, but we talked about a very wide range of subjects--some serious, some silly, some in between.
For you to go on the air and talk in the Sirius forum or anywhere else is great I think. It may encourage others, myself included, to venture out into the airwaves too.
As for your views on fanaticism, I have only one comment/question: does your opposition to fanaticism include your "interest" in hockey--lol?
Thanks for sharing your Cosmo adventure; it makes me want to subscribe to Sirius radio.

Pythos
10-02-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm missing something

You got mentioned on a talk show, and a male of the group, interrupted and pointed out that you were a female that really was a male.

Ok.

So did the ensuing conversation shed positive, or negative light on Crossdressing? Cause that sounds to me like the opening of a stupid male's mouth, and hopefully the two ladies let him have it, if he was an ignorant bigot.

But you didn't really go into what followed. I am curious.

LilSissyStevie
10-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Karren, you could become the Malcolm X, MLK, Gandhi or Rosa Luxemburg of crossdressing! Too bad they all got assassinated. Maybe your luck will be better.:heehee:

Karren H
10-02-2010, 02:29 PM
I have only one comment/question: does your opposition to fanaticism include your "interest" in hockey--lol?
Thanks for sharing your Cosmo adventure; it makes me want to subscribe to Sirius radio.

We like to call ourselves "hockey enthusiasts". :D

So did the ensuing conversation shed positive, or negative light on Crossdressing? Cause that sounds to me like the opening of a stupid male's mouth, and hopefully the two ladies let him have it, if he was an ignorant bigot.

But you didn't really go into what followed. I am curious.

Actually Kenny is quite funny and has done lots of "in their shoes" things on the air... Wearing a bra, makeup, spray tans... So I give him credit... The conversation was pretty matter of fact... "He's married and he likes to wear women's clothing"... Then the toughed on the alter-ego thing. But it wasn't cd bashing or degrading it was pretty much discussing the fact that I'm a guy that crossdresses... Victoria was off with a cold so it was just Taylor.. Its a great show... From the girlie aspect and they just are a riot to listen to. And you can communicate with then through FB while they are on or call or email. And they respond... Its actually surplanted my listening to NHL Home Ice in the morning!

Bobbi Lynn
10-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Karren, Is there Television in your future too? Sorry, couldn't resist.

linnea
10-02-2010, 10:18 PM
"Hockey Enthusiast"--that's good!

Sarah Doepner
10-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Karren, I just got a car with Sat radio free for a year. While I've listened to Cosmo a few times, I wasn't out in the car this morning to hear them discuss you. Now I'm going to be living in my car until you call in. Well, maybe not. Regardless, I can't think of anyone more qualified to go on the air with them. There are several who are equally qualified and I'd love to have you all on intergalactic radio or T.V., taking turns on a daily basis talking about crossdressing and crossdressers. Go For It!!!

Karren H
10-03-2010, 02:00 PM
They replayed Fridays show and I was driving back from the store so I pulled off the road and recordered in on my blackberry so if I can figure out how to get it off this and put the 4 - 30 seconds pieces back together I'll try to upload it somewhere.

Emily Ann Brown
10-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Sis......you always were the one who stand up to mommy, while I was a coward. I hated my older brother went we would grown up. But now I am proud of you !!! You have made me proud! Daddy wouldn't of understand, but then he was a womanizer. I am proud to be you sister. You brother? Nooooo. Hahahahaha.

Em

Melissa_Z
10-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Holy moly! I think I would have skipped a beat or two as well! It is pretty darned awesome that you got an on-air mention though :) And a nationwide market no less!!