PDA

View Full Version : How to tell a partner.

Dennis Rodman
10-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Sorry if there is already a thread on this.

I was just wondering how people told their partners or families?

Did you tell them, or show them?

I'm thinking about telling my wife soon, but I really don't know how my 8 kids will cope with it.

I don't want them being bullied because their dad looks like lily savage.

Alice B
10-01-2010, 10:01 PM
With open and honest discussion. Nothing is worse than hiding who you are and 95% or more of the time you will find more acceptance than you though you would get. Listen to other's concerns and answer any and all questions truthfully.

Rachel Morley
10-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Go to the top of the main board and you'll find a "sticky" called "How to tell your partner" ... or for speed, CLICK HERE (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?13841-How-to-tell-your-partner).

Christy_M
10-01-2010, 10:12 PM
A few year ago I was caught by my wife. Not dressed but she found my stuff. I told her all about it and how long it had been going on. she told me to get counselling which I did. She also told me to promise never to do it again, which I did. She said if I didn't stop, she would leave me. I was able to repress this for about 3 or 4 years but 7 or 8 months ago, I started up again. My personality had changed dramatically over the past few years without expressing Christy and it was driving a wedge between her and I. A little over a month ago, I told her I started again. I told her taht I believed that as things were going between us, we were probably going to divorce anyway and I would rather risk losing her for dressing and be myself during that process instead of being the jackass that ended the marriage.

Everyone's situation is different and there are plenty of stories on this board that may give you reference for you own decision but I recommend that you don't take someone's advice from this board and implement without realizing all the specific ramifications in your story that will be affected by those actions. I wish you sincerest good luck and offer my friendship/ear/shoulder to you as you go through this if needed.

Christy

RachelPortugal
10-02-2010, 03:34 AM
For all true members of this forum. This member Dennis Rodman says he is married with 8 kids but his member profile states an age of just 19. Don't waste your time with giving good advice to a BS'er.

eluuzion
10-02-2010, 04:18 AM
As already mentioned...just kick back and use the thread archive to get a good feeling of what the process will be.

It's kinda like when you light a fuse on a firecracker, toss it, then realize the fuse did not ignite it...and you have to go "check it out". Kinda' like that...hehehe

Dennis Rodman
10-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Sorry didn't see other thread. Thanks all.

linda allen
10-02-2010, 07:28 AM
For all true members of this forum. This member Dennis Rodman says he is married with 8 kids but his member profile states an age of just 19. Don't waste your time with giving good advice to a BS'er.

Here is a post Dennis Rodman made on another thread:

"My wife found some of my her bra's that I had "acquired". She doesnt know I cd so didn't think much of it. I'm scared she would know were they are and if any of her's went missing. So I have to steal my mum's bras and other clothing items. Its a shame really because they just don't fit me at all. I'm only a skinny gal and you can see my mums tits through her zip in her jeans. Oh well. "

That confuses me. I'm not sure Dennis is on the "up and up" either.