PDA

View Full Version : nervrs are wracked

gerri ray
10-01-2010, 10:48 PM
So apparently my mom snooped in my sisters phone and read some of our conversation about me realizing that I'm gay. Tonight I'm going to sit down and talk with my parents and tell them that I am indeed gay and answer all their questions. My sister has already accepted this part of me and is going to sit by my side for emotional support and have my back. My mom knows I dress but my dad doesn't. If he supports me on being gay then at least I won't have to hide my dressing from him anymore. I'm sooo scared right now.

Lucy_Bella
10-01-2010, 11:16 PM
I , feel ya... This will not be easy and I know you love and honor your parents yet, you have this fear of letting them down,.. Are you letting them down? You have nothing to fear or be ashamed of ., These are your parents and they should love you and if that means you are Gay so be it!! Being Gay isn't a bad thing through years of nay sayers giving it a bad rep.

As a parent and being honest my biggest fear was have a child of mine approach me over their sexual preferance .. That never happened .. But looking back today my approach would be different and I would welcome their decission with open arms that they could tell me this about themselves.. I...am not Gay BTW but if I where I could not have the courage it would take to approach a loved over it.. Times are different today and being Gay is more but not completely accepatable compared to my day..
Sometimes I wish I was gay , But like everything else I am who I am Ain't we all?

You have support here if all goes bad or even good , if you like you can even PM ..Best wishes and stay strong after all it is your life live it for yourself first then others on equal time..

Sarah Doepner
10-01-2010, 11:25 PM
Good luck. We always seem to say that honesty is the best policy and letting your parents know, with your sister by your side should show them you respect them and want them to continue being important in your life. I doubt there are very many of us who learned our sexuality from our parents, but we learned how to treat other people and how to use values you did learn from them in your decision making. That's the real message they need to hear.

Lucy_Bella
10-01-2010, 11:33 PM
I need to also mention that the fear of my children comming out to me was wrong , but we parents do not recieve a hand book on raising children ,,We learn or learnt from those who raised us..Give them time to understand that this is you they are talking about or rejecting if any of that happens ..Soon, they will come around and it will be nothing but yesterdays news..Besides I am sure you have left enough clues for them to have some suspecions over the issue.

Steph.TS
10-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Good luck, I know it's tough, at least you are facing it head on...

gerri ray
10-02-2010, 06:06 AM
OS I did it. It went very smoothly. I thought my dad would blow the roof off because were a Christian family and he's kinda strict and very devout to the lord. All he said was he couldn't conden me otherwise he'd be condeimming himself and that most men are te tempted of this at some point. He said that I'm still his son and he didn't love me any less. My mom took it harder because she was expecting grandkids from me. They both need time to adjust and I totally understand. I'm so happy how it went. I decided not to tell my dad of my dressing yet because it might've been too much sensory overload. I'm just going to slowly integrate female clothing with my male attire around him and let him adjust to seeing me in more n more. I'm not sure he'd get why I dress womanly if I'm gay. So if he asks ill just tell him if not then oh well lol.

gretchen2
10-02-2010, 08:04 AM
The truth shall set you free. No more pain, or minimal pain.

Steph.TS
10-02-2010, 08:33 AM
being a christian family, having a strict dad, and him being devout to the lord, I think you got the best possible situation you could have. I'm in a similar situation (not gay but a transsexual), but when I was 13 he found out I crossdressed and he was very upset. it was difficult living with him so I said it was just a phase and it was like poof over night the whole thing was forgotten. I really wish my family would accept me as I am, but they want me to accept myself as a man, not become the woman I want to be. you are lucky to be accepted, hope everything works out for you.

Ashleythenewgirl
10-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Good luck Gerri Ray, I am thinking of you!

Cassie/Charlie
10-02-2010, 01:48 PM
My thought are with you Gerri, hope everything works out for you.

Tima
10-02-2010, 05:03 PM
If he supports me on being gay…

If you are gay, you do not require support. It’s a fact of nature. Do you require support because you’re an oxygen-breathing mammal? Do heterosexuals need support? I know what you’re saying, but it is a purely a situation about families and what they expect out of you. I get this all the time, you know. I’m gay, yet I don’t feel I need “support” in any way for my sexuality. Of course, we all wish to be loved for who we are. It would be helpful if the world would come around and accept homosexuality, but sometimes it feels like trying to move a mountain of prejudice with a teaspoon. I wish you all the best!

Sometimes I wish I was gay , But like everything else I am who I am Ain't we all?

Why do you wish you were gay? You rarely hear that. It’s OK to be bi-curious. I am what I am, too. There is no alternative. It’s a simple concept few can grasp.

I need to also mention that the fear of my children comming out to me was wrong , but we parents do not recieve a hand book on raising children ,,We learn or learnt from those who raised us..

There is a lot to overcome in this world. How did it get this way, and why is being different such a bad thing? Parents should pass along ideas of tolerance to their children. Fear is a disease!