PDA

View Full Version : Moments in time when...

RachelPortugal
10-02-2010, 02:56 AM
Have you ever had any moments in time when something unexpected happens to reinforce your CDing.

Dana921's thread "-Fun-little-story!-Lesson-in-humility" reminded me of such an incident a number of years ago in Brighton. I was shopping for a men's blazer or sport's jacket and went to a large independent department store. Where, whilst my wife and I searched the rails in the Gentlemen's Department for a blazer in my size, a SA asked if we required any help. So I told him that I was looking for a blazer in chest size 36". His somewhat indignant reply was to say that gentlemen's sizes started at 38 - 40". I was made to feel like I was still a boy and was quite taken aback that my manhood should be questioned, particularly in front of my wife. She wanted to give the SA a slap, but I dragged her out of the store. After a strong cup of coffee, we continued our shopping in other stores. I gave up any thoughts on buying a blazer, and settled for a couple of skirts and tops instead, two outfits for less than I had planned to spend on one blazer. I felt so much better.

When we visited Brighton a couple of years later we were over the moon to see that the store which did not want slight diminutive males as customers had closed down.