PDA

View Full Version : I'm actually going out tonight? Seriously?

Ashleythenewgirl
10-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Well here it is...the morning of my big day. I'm sitting here drinking my coffee thinking about far I have come in what, four months? I admitted to my wife I want to wear women's clothing in May and BAM here it is.....I'm actually going out en femme.
I'm going to the local CD TG support meeting so that will be a good way to start...but my friends I am going with are going out as a group to dinner after. Now THAT makes me nervous. I don't think I am knock out Marilyn Monroe gorgeous (wish I was) but I hope can approach "passable".
Anyway thanks to everyone for your support. It has helped me get here.
Ashley

Pythos
10-02-2010, 10:23 AM
have fun!! What will you be wearing?

Ashleythenewgirl
10-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Thanks Pythos. White cotton ruffled blouse, leopard skirt (knee length) black tights....now for shoes I am back and forth. I have some nice patent scrunch heels, some black ballet flats and my "rocker"
girl ankle boots. I'm leaning towards the scrunch heels. What do you think?

AllieSF
10-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Way to go Ashley. I just commented on your pic thread. I would go with the ballet flats for your first time out. I think that it will help you feel more confident, give you one thing less to worry about (stumbling in heels), and probably fit in more with others are wearing, and not just those "others" in your own group. Once out will probably be enough to get you hooked and then you will have many more opportunities to dress as you please on other outings. Good luck and take some more pics.

Ashleythenewgirl
10-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Thanks Allie! Ballet flats it is. I appreciate the insight. Plus I'm 6' 2" and the flats ought to be a good start.

LitaKelley
10-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Have fun. :)

helena.gcd
10-02-2010, 04:08 PM
enjoy it, girl!!!!!!
don't forget your camera to inmortalize what's going to be one of your greatest memories!!! First time out!!!

Brenda456
10-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Sweet. I hope you have a great time!

ArleneRaquel
10-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Best of wishes doll. :battingeyelashes:

Cassandra Lynn
10-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Awesome, Ash, hope you have a really, really wonderful time.
I understand the need to take baby steps, but if this is the same group that meets at a Chili's restaurant afterwards, you'll be just fine. I know a trans woman who is a great friend, and facilitator for the community in Boise. She has told me of the dinner meetings, and that the restaurant has been used numerous times because the management is so accepting of the group. In fact i met her there for lunch.
So relax and be sure to go next time.

This is sooo exciting, remember to breath!!!!!! I'm also happy cause this will mean you can be there to help me, when i get things sorted out and can get out there too.
mj (Cassie)

Ashleythenewgirl
10-02-2010, 04:53 PM
This is sooo exciting, remember to breath!!!!!! I'm also happy cause this will mean you can be there to help me, when i get things sorted out and can get out there too.
mj (Cassie)

Cass girl, you can count on it. You've been here for me.
Thanks everybody!!! Ok...drinking some chai tea to help relax....all of your comments are making me feel less nervous especially about going out afterwards.
@ Helena- thanks for the reminder! I would have forgotten it LOL. I checked the batteries too whew!
alright I am outta here to go get smooth.
Love to all of ya
Ash

Inna
10-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Hey Ashley, have an awesome time and tell all when back, you know, just like girls do gossip :-)

Krysta
10-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Good luck Ash! make us proud!

Bobbi Lynn
10-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Good Luck and ENJOY!