PDA

View Full Version : Missed Chance!

Debra Russell
10-02-2010, 12:35 PM
OMG I am sitting in my favorite coffee shop and reading this forum at this very minute, contemplating getting dressed and going out today when these two gorgeous gal's walk over to me and say "I wonder if we could bother you for a minute. We are represenatives of Mary Kay cosmetics and are wondering if you might know of any one who might want to have a make-over?:eek: like your wife or daughter?":doh: I so wanted to say - of course here I am ! go for it:heehee: This is a small town and if it were anywhere else---oh well :brolleyes: Well I gave them my wife's phone number....maybe I'll get in on it yet. after all it's Halloween:devil:

What yould you have done!

gennee
10-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Tell me how this turns out, Debra.

Gennee

KitCat
10-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Funny you should mention this
I had a chance meetiing with the MK machine a while ago at a public event where they had a booth
I requsted a follow up and it wound up being a makeup application. It was helpful in a way but I did not come away feeling that the associates had much inthe way of training or technical know how. She also told me the policy was not to just apply makeup for customers but to empower them in doing it themselves. I would have been more than ok with that but the girlfriend who showed up to "do my makeup" for me was kind of a wierd twist. Did I like some of the items YES, did I order some stuff YES I will probably meet her again but if is still wierd I think I am done with that perticular person. As a bit of a neophyte the INDIVIDUAL is probably a lot more valueble than the product for me. I just need to cross paths with the right person. Enough said on that!
Try it or use the search on line and find a rep far enough away to fit your comfort level there are lots and lots and even more companies that come to market that way. My motto is keep trying!
Go for it!
Cat

Cassie/Charlie
10-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Wow, I bet that was tough to pass up, I too live in a small town and everybody knows everybody so I know what your going through...hang in there girl.